Fordmods Logo

Whats your opinion??? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Whats your opinion???
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just bin looking at some of the screens, came across Sony. I know that their speakers arnt that good, but what say their screens and DVD? Just wondering if any one has used this brand screen or DVD?

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

Quote:
Tomek
Just bin looking at some of the screens, came across Sony. I know that their speakers arnt that good, but what say their screens and DVD? Just wondering if any one has used this brand screen or DVD?

yes ur right there speakers r s**t, but there dvds n screens would be up there wid da best id imagine. they make good televisions so i cant c y their incar screens would be s**t.

but in sayin that i hav neva seen em.

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Son make their televisions; they dop not make their incar lcd screens!
However, this does not render them of s**t quality, still very impressive IMHO.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:37 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF Ute

VIC, Australia

i thought they were a bit overpriced for wat they are

Explorers gone, bring on the ute.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Yeah their speakers are s**t.
But i got a Sony 7-inch motorised in dash screen and it hasn't given me any problems so far, and the quality is really good.
I personally can't complain about it.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

afaik its only the sony car speakers that are s**t, all other sony stuff is still good, there h/u infact ( ithink anyway) up with pioneer and alpine

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Any one had problems with dead pixels???

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I have a sony widescreen tele at home, i know its not incar, but its very very good quality and no dead pixels.
Then again, ive had no dead pixels out of any of my 3 lcd screens, i can honestly say working with lcd screens that there isnt that many with dead pixels, and the ones that i have seen go have been replaced by warrenty, even the cheapest ones we sell.
I know it doesnt say much for car lcd screens, but lcd technology certainly has come some way in the past 5 years, but still sucks with sports LOL!

Fkn low refresh rates! :evil:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Daniel wrote:
I have a sony widescreen tele at home, i know its not incar, but its very very good quality and no dead pixels.
Then again, ive had no dead pixels out of any of my 3 lcd screens, i can honestly say working with lcd screens that there isnt that many with dead pixels, and the ones that i have seen go have been replaced by warrenty, even the cheapest ones we sell.
I know it doesnt say much for car lcd screens, but lcd technology certainly has come some way in the past 5 years, but still sucks with sports LOL!

Yep but then again you could say that CRT screens are better because they can get true (i think 16 million coulor) where as Plasmas and LCDs need higher voltages which arent possible to sustain so it basically flickers through differnt colours really fast. All screens have there ups and downs. From what i read only two brands offer a warranty on dead pixels i think its Samsung and Acer.. One of them having a one year warranty the other 1 week.

Oh and its also good to hear that they have broken through the 100" barrier with LCD's

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I've just puchased a Sony 7' fully motorised screen (DVX-77) and the Sony DVD player that is compatible with this headunit (DVX-11A)....haven't got them in the car yet but i'll let you know how they turn out.

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Tomek wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Yep but then again you could say that CRT screens are better because they can get true (i think 16 million coulor) where as Plasmas and LCDs need higher voltages which arent possible to sustain so it basically flickers through differnt colours really fast. All screens have there ups and downs. From what i read only two brands offer a warranty on dead pixels i think its Samsung and Acer.. One of them having a one year warranty the other 1 week.

Oh and its also good to hear that they have broken through the 100" barrier with LCD's

1st of all, CRT (glass screened conventional style televisions) are in most cases of higher picture quality over your Plasma/Rear Projection/Projection and in some aspects LCD screens also.
Of course if you are comparing a cheap nasty CRT to a true HD capable LCD you will be kidding yourself to believe the CRT is better.
CRT’s also have their main down factor or size/weight of the unit itself – if this can be considered acceptable by the owner, there is almost no other reason to why they should not choose CRT over Rear Projection/Plasma/LCD so long as they can find one of good quality and within the size desired.
Generally rule of thumb is CRT widescreens won’t be produced above 86cm in the diagonal due to cost and technology limitations.
An 86cm Sony CRT for an example retails at anywhere from $4500 to $5500 and this is mostly due the ether 86cm size, if you were to go to 76cm it would be considerably cheaper.
Anyway, off track there – LCD screens currently arent available any larger than 93-95cm on the diagnalin retail however soon we will be seeing them a bit larger, and with an even larger price ticket. Majority of people cannot differentiate the colour differences between CRT and LCD unless in a dark scene where the black area of the picture may look slightly “patchyâ€￾; however most people wont notice unless looking for it or its pointed out.
Also majority of companies now offer Pixel Protection which allows replacement of the unit with a brand new item if 2 or more dead pixels are found OR are within the middle 75% of the screens viewing area. (This may not apply to computer monitors)
I have an ACER PC LCD monitor due the fact when I brought it, it was considered to be of high quality and came with a good warranty with pixel protection – I have yet to experience any problems with pixel drop out.

Although for In-Car use, its simple, LCD all the way, no way im lugging round a CRT television in my car!
:roll:

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

re: dead pixels. This usually occurs at point of manufacture and/or distribution. Any decent retailer will fully test each and every LCD/TFT screen for dead pixels before sending it out.

And pixel protection makes for piece of mind 8-)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Actually these days LCD screens are better than their CRT counterparts, due to the now 12ms and faster response times! However, you will have to make sure you get an LCD screen with this as I am not entirely sure if this has become a standard or if only some companies use such technology.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
re: dead pixels. This usually occurs at point of manufacture and/or distribution. Any decent retailer will fully test each and every LCD/TFT screen for dead pixels before sending it out.

And pixel protection makes for piece of mind 8-)

Exactly right, and if the Screen is opened and found to have any "dead" pixels you will find they will swap the screen over right away no Q's asked - it doesnt happen often but its know about and seen to by manufacturers these days, I would not let it put you off the technology entirely. :idea:

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Seeingwe are talking about such screens.... Whats everyone thinking with the competition between DVD-HD and Blue ray???

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next