Fordmods Logo

'05 BA XT MKII 

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: '05 BA XT MKII
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:47 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Ive been looking for a decent ford forum for a while now, and I onlky just came across this place :o its just what ive been looking for!

I bought a Falcon a few months ago, I just have a few questions...

Ok, so heres a few pics of it... Its just a stock BA Falcon Series 2... but I want to make it unique (on a budget of course) I quite like the black headlights on the new BF models, but Ford keep changing the shap of everything so i cant just swap them :( can anyone offer some tips on what I could do to it?

I also wouldnt mind some fog lights, but i dont want an entire bodykit at the moment considering that if i did that, I would need a decent set of rims also, and Im not ready to fork out another few g's just for appearance sake.

Seeing I live in Perth, is there anyone else in perth (or elsewhere) who might know of a few places to check out? much appreciated guys!

Also, while your giving me some info... Is there anything that I can do to it perfromance-wise that will give it a bit of extra "get-up-and-go" with maybe even a bit sweeter sounding tone thats not going to effect my new car warranty? Will exterior modifications effect it at all? Its valid until 2010 or something like that ... :/

Thanks in advance for the help guys! Love this place..

2005 BA Falcon

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:48 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Sorry about that last photo... a tad blurry :o

2005 BA Falcon

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:35 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

hmm, maybe tint the windows as dark as you can, other then that, there isnt much more major exterior things you can do, beside a full body kit, a big spoiler, lower it, and some rims maybe 19" or 20".
if ya do get sum rims, get sum 1 to color match them to teh car, or sum black rims or shadow chrome.
interior, leather everything up and get a sunroof in there
and a bigger louder exhaust wouldnt hurt

nice car btw, i prefer gunmetal, purple or orange cars, i got me a purple car :D

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:00 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Thanks! Yeah, i never actually thought of tint! but i like it... maybe even a tint with a hint of red :/

About the exhaust.. ive been thinkin and im going to ask a pretty amateur question.. - since you can't even see the exaust pipe :/ can i still put a bigger one on? obviously its there, lol, but will a bigger tip or anything fit :/

2005 BA Falcon

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:48 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Oh and also... If someone could give me some advice on the exhaust system. ie: manifolds, extractors.. just something to give me more power, and of course a nicer tone, that would be great! I know enough to be able to say 'yep, thats a manifold' but thats about it, haha!

Cheers guys!

2005 BA Falcon

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

you got PM

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

also, another exterior mod that will make your car more unique and if done right will prob get alot of looks.
when ppl look at the car, one of the first things they look at is everything in the wheel wells.
for a stunning wheel well, ya gotta think about the color combination.
heres a few:
Black rims, Black break disc, and Orange callipers
Orange rims, Black brake discs and Black callipers
Shiny rims, shiny break discs and shiny callipers

the orange and black combo would really draw attention to them
as for the rims themselves, of course big, but prob the best would be 5 spoke, or thin 6 spoke rims, so ppl can see behind the wheel

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

Is that a dealer special car or something? It has the XT badge on the back with something underneath that I cant read, rims, and chrome stripes like the futuras/fairmonts. Looks great. Are the rims factory option ones?

One thing that you could do that isnt stupidly expensive is put on a bf mk1 fairmont ghia front bar, rear garnish and either a fairmont or fairline grille. That way you get fog lights, a bit of chrome and something a bit more individual. And it wont look silly because you already have rims instead of stockies with hubcaps.

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

the sticker is dealer advertising for the AHG group...
seems to be the thing to do around here is put your business name on ppls paint work

oh also who is the girl?

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

SA, Australia

colour code your mirrors.
tint the windows mirror tint looks sick.
my oldies put a hotdog and two mufflers to silence it on there xr6 increased the power a bit and sound touch...
lowering allways makes your car look sweet...
crome tail lights look sick on orange ba's...

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

the XR front bumper with the stock xt lights looks really good.

with extractors, zorst, phoon box, kn filter the BA's can put out 178ish kw at the wheels. not bad concidering stock ba at the gearbox is 182. also really good fuel economy around town. a hiflow cat on that and it'd be a nice little car to drive

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Keep it simple and it'll look great. Superlows, 19's, and colour code the side strips and wing mirrors, remover the badging and it'll look amazing :D
Freak6 wrote:

It'd be a red one man. XT's never came out in orange.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

SA, Australia

GlennAUII wrote:
Keep it simple and it'll look great. Superlows, 19's, and colour code the side strips and wing mirrors, remover the badging and it'll look amazing :D
Freak6 wrote:

It'd be a red one man. XT's never came out in orange.

well it looks orange in that pic mate...
i recon superlows are to low. i dont no what the laws over there are like but youd get defected over hear...

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

If I were you mate I would pay close attention to the PM that Mr_Soul sent yah (by the way - how you doin Soul-ie!?? :) )

He's done very similar to my car with regards to intake and zorst and even these simple mods make a difference to the cars performance... Quick shifter kit is pretty cool too!! 8-)

As far as Exterior mods go, you don't really need bodykits for the XT's to look tough - I went a set of 19's - lowered the car by 3" (and yes its still legal ride height) - stiffened up the suspension for better handling - and then added some bonnet stripes (which at the time I was the first to do and will proudly claim that, however thanks to a certain ford dealer in Rockhampton am no longer special...) Darkest legal tinting too - she looks tough, goes pretty hard for a car with no real engine work and is still functional as a daily driver (ie. fuel consumption) - Interior wise - Aftermarket headunit mounted in the tissue box space - better speakers - amp and sub in boot - and with the boot its pretty easy to do some custom work in there too considering the size - you could also look at painting the dash fascia (ICC) to match the colour of the car or as a contrast - but there is alot of info on these forums that you can grab ideas from... Welcome by the way!! :)

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

heres a couple of pics of mine to give you an idea...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/ ... tGrill.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/ ... 0_4824.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/ ... 0_4830.jpg

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next