Page 2 of 6 [ 89 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

I reckon that car is the dark h.green!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

If your talking about the one thats displayed above its blue, i got the orig brouchure; it says "Fairmont Ghia in Navy Blue" in small white writing in the bottom right hand corner, also went and checked the LTD one that looks BLACK, its Heritage Green so it says.. I still prefer the H green over Navy blue any day.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

I'd say that if respraying was a cheap enough option, then the EL Ghia in black with all those nice shiny chrome bits everywhere would look lovely! Which is why the new G220 looks great too. 8-)

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Vic wrote:
I'd say that if respraying was a cheap enough option, then the EL Ghia in black with all those nice shiny chrome bits everywhere would look lovely! Which is why the new G220 looks great too. 8-)

I agree, and the NLs i seenin black werent that glossy or deep black, thats why i thought Heritage green looked better in real life.
My sportsman always looked deep black unless in direct sunlight - and its a stock colour!
If we're talking G220 i tihnk the black or metalic silver is the go; failing that darl blue n maybe harvest green?

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

data_mine wrote:
dark paint, does the EL body well :)

Mind you I LOOOOOVE my gold paint.

FINALLY someone else who has Mocha Foam! lol.

Takes the award for "The least popular EF/EL colour" I think ;-)

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

96ghia wrote:
data_mine wrote:
...Takes the award for "The least popular EF/EL colour" I think ;-)

No arguements there.. j/k - i seen one ghia done with el gts n it was looking nice, altho it was at night.. :?

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

Daniel wrote:
96ghia wrote:
data_mine wrote:
...Takes the award for "The least popular EF/EL colour" I think ;-)

No arguements there.. j/k - i seen one ghia done with el gts n it was looking nice, altho it was at night.. :?

well I think my ghia looks allright with the Ticky alloys. Although I am biased ;-)

as seen in my gallery....

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
NAh, thats a Heritage green as I got the same paint colour on my EL ( See Link to website Pics) I find at dusk and during the night my EL looks like it is different shade of Black. The EL & Ef's look tough enough in Heritage Green I reckon. Besides you woundn't have wanted them in black as the inside Cabin Temps go through the roof even with just the Heritage Green. Like 6o Degrees plus in the cabin on a summers day of 35 degrees out side

Your car seems to be a darker heritage green than mine...hmmm...
next cruise we'll have to park next to each other....but i do like heritage green...just a real prick to clean!

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

mitch_anderson wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
NAh, thats a Heritage green as I got the same paint colour on my EL ( See Link to website Pics) I find at dusk and during the night my EL looks like it is different shade of Black. The EL & Ef's look tough enough in Heritage Green I reckon. Besides you woundn't have wanted them in black as the inside Cabin Temps go through the roof even with just the Heritage Green. Like 6o Degrees plus in the cabin on a summers day of 35 degrees out side

next cruise we'll have to park next to each other....but i do like heritage green...just a real prick to clean!

A bit off topic But yeah Mitch I am not sure why my EL seems a shade darker than other ones. I sort of noticed it a while ago while I was on a Freeway in Sydney one day that had a massive pile up up ahead of us and low behold a EL in Heritage green was right next to me and I noticed the other dudes EL was a bit lighter looking than mine and I thought maybe his had faded in the sun a bit more or something. But I do wash my EL Meticulously once every 2 weeks at least.
I actually did get the Wynns Rust protection pack when I first bought my EL 5 years ago. Maybe it has worked and has stopped the colour fading :?:

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

96ghia wrote:
data_mine wrote:

At least if you spill your coffee on the Duco you wont notice the stain :D :D :D :D :D :D

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:50 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
96ghia wrote:
data_mine wrote:

At least if you spill your coffee on the Duco you wont notice the stain :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nothing wrong with this colour and GT's. And I don' think it's called Mocha Foam. When I went to get some touch up paint, Ford called it 'Amaretto' (paint code W6). Oh, the interior is the EL grey.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah Data-mine yours does look pretty tough I must say with the added tints and 17'rims it does look Very nice :wink: :D :D :D :D

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: In Transition

NSW, Australia

not to long ago i saw a black ef falcon, it was definatly a backyard job as the paint had hardly any "gloss" to it, but even like that it didnt look to bad

Member Since FM 1

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
mitch_anderson wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:

A bit off topic But yeah Mitch I am not sure why my EL seems a shade darker than other ones. I sort of noticed it a while ago while I was on a Freeway in Sydney one day that had a massive pile up up ahead of us and low behold a EL in Heritage green was right next to me and I noticed the other dudes EL was a bit lighter looking than mine and I thought maybe his had faded in the sun a bit more or something. But I do wash my EL Meticulously once every 2 weeks at least.
I actually did get the Wynns Rust protection pack when I first bought my EL 5 years ago. Maybe it has worked and has stopped the colour fading :?:

I think your opnto something there, mine is shades darker than other heritage green cars that are around on the road and that come to meets!
I too had paint protection from new and ive cleaned it thruout nearly 2 times a week in the past year, lately ive been getting a bit more slack, usually about once a week, i cant stand dirty cars - i got a problem lol :wink:

Also that el doesnt look mocha foam (which is an e series colour) it DOES look amaretto which is an au series colour, isnt your car the el/au hybrid bitsa they made at the end of el? :)

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:51 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Daniel wrote:
Also that el doesnt look mocha foam (which is an e series colour) it DOES look amaretto which is an au series colour, isnt your car the el/au hybrid bitsa they made at the end of el? :)

Bingo.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next