Fordmods Logo

Cam's BA 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

Hey Cam where did you score the GT Stripes from?

I was thinking of putting the GTP strips down the side of mine but i can't find anyone that has blue GTP stripes...

And would it be worthwhile to put a clear coat over the top to seal it? or you leaving it as is?

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

how much are the lights with the GT front bumper?

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

how've you found the strength of that front bar, am lookin at gettina gt front end for the ute, but am alittle caution about the strength compared to original parts.

nascentes morimur

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
Hey Cam where did you score the GT Stripes from?

I was thinking of putting the GTP strips down the side of mine but i can't find anyone that has blue GTP stripes...

And would it be worthwhile to put a clear coat over the top to seal it? or you leaving it as is?

It cost me $110 off ebay that includes postage, ebay has all the different types of decal kits and all colors for utes and sedans. for fitting i did it myself, however check this out on another forum where i got prices to get them fitted

http://www.toowoombacarforum.com/phpbb2 ... php?t=5369

Falcon-enthusiast wrote:
how much are the lights with the GT front bumper?

i havent got xr lights as yet, however the whole kit i got for $800 unpainted off a site on ebay. lights are the expensive part... im kind of waiting for some aftermarket headlights to come out on the market...

Gregg_13 wrote:
how've you found the strength of that front bar, am lookin at gettina gt front end for the ute, but am alittle caution about the strength compared to original parts.

its not bad, however fibreglass will shatter if i hit something, wheres genuine ford ones are made from a plastic type material and are much better, but about 4 times the price for the front bar as i payed for the whole kit!

to tell the truth i want to sell my car after seeing the BF GT kit on a ute, i luv it so much, you have to get it!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-AU-BA-BF-Ut ... dZViewItem

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

it was looking so nice, good and clean, until you put those ricey stripes on.

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

the pics taken there dont do it any justice at all, i may get some better ones, i think it looks a bit odd atm because i havent got the splitters painted grey on the bumpers yet, it will make a big difference and other things such as grill mesh, xr lights, and fog lights, they will all make it look better, it just looks so imcomplete atm. not to mention the pursuit rims on the rear, my neighbor owns a tyre place and is chasing up some cheap 18s for me.

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

Yeah thats the one i saw which made me lean towards that front end, Also linked to the full site http://www.svomotorsport.com/body_kits/ the kits not their yet but they definitely seem to know what theyre doin,

Ive doen the clear rear lights and the front grill, new steering wheel and stereo upgrade, next is the herrods suspension and a set of paceys, just need the financial approval of the boss fiirst, (I think she wants a new clothes dryer first) bugger............

And yeah i heard the faint sound of a whip cracking there toooo.

nascentes morimur

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I kinda don't mind the stripes on teh front but not sure about the rest of the car. Can you post another head on shot from further back so you can see the whole front ?

Also, did you get the a pearl clear coat over the rest of the car or is that just the lighting ?

PS: Better get some enging mods happening to back up the looks or you're out of the frying pan and into the wok! :P

ImageImage

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Gregg_13 wrote:
Yeah thats the one i saw which made me lean towards that front end, Also linked to the full site http://www.svomotorsport.com/body_kits/ the kits not their yet but they definitely seem to know what theyre doin,

Ive doen the clear rear lights and the front grill, new steering wheel and stereo upgrade, next is the herrods suspension and a set of paceys, just need the financial approval of the boss fiirst, (I think she wants a new clothes dryer first) bugger............

And yeah i heard the faint sound of a whip cracking there toooo.

haha, 2nd hand clothes dryer! lol, yeh, sydeny special vehicles has the kits too, similar prices i think too.

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:14 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Hyena wrote:
I kinda don't mind the stripes on teh front but not sure about the rest of the car. Can you post another head on shot from further back so you can see the whole front ?

Also, did you get the a pearl clear coat over the rest of the car or is that just the lighting ?

PS: Better get some enging mods happening to back up the looks or you're out of the frying pan and into the wok! :P

nah, thats just the standard paint, but i have looked at it many times and thought gee it looks like its got a pearl. the reason i havent got any engine mods done is because of factory warranty, as its only an 05 model car, but be sure, cos i got a list i am keen to nail, hi stall, port n polish, extractors, exaust, cam, flash tuner, they r the main ones

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
sydeny special vehicles has the kits too, similar prices i think too.

You sure ? Not that I've checked but SSV usually charge out their a*** for kits that can be had alot cheaper elsewhere...
$800 is a very good price, SSV would probably want close to that for just the front bar...

ImageImage

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:43 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Hyena wrote:
CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
sydeny special vehicles has the kits too, similar prices i think too.

You sure ? Not that I've checked but SSV usually charge out their a*** for kits that can be had alot cheaper elsewhere...
$800 is a very good price, SSV would probably want close to that for just the front bar...

yeh, so true, think its around 600 though, but still alot cheaper than genuine ford! if you find body kits on ebay for around the 800 mark, email the place and enquire weather they make other kits, because the place i got mine off had to make it up, so im pretty sure they would do whatever kit you wanted.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:51 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

new pic added..

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2