Fordmods Logo

Chaser wheels wanted! 

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Chaser wheels wanted!
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon EF

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, can't seem to find a good set of chasers for my ef falcon anywhere. The only ones I've found suitable for my car were 15inch, but 6 inch wide which isn't wide enough for what I want. does anybody know where I can find a good set of original or even replica chasers, 15 inch + (17 inch would look great) and at LEAST 7 inch wide. what are your opinions on buying an AU-and-onwards set of chaser wheels and slapping on hub adapters?? Would that disadvantage handling in any way?? I really want that stock chaser look but it's need to have some reasonable width.

Thanks guys :)

Post subject: Re: Chaser wheels wanted!
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

Clicky Linky http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-17x7-5-territory-chaser-wheels-fit-e-series-t123428.html

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

ef_theo wrote:
what are your opinions on buying an AU-and-onwards set of chaser wheels and slapping on hub adapters??

Thanks guys :)

A: Illegal.. Instant defect.
B: Illegal.. will void ANY insurance claims if you're involved in a crash of any sort, and will make YOU liable for any expenses caused as a result.
C: Illegal.. many tire retailers will not fit tires to your car if you are running adapters.
D: Not worth the hassles and risks just for a set of rims.

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

righteo well that rules those out of the question. next step I was thinking was, buying either e series chasers or AU series chasers and taking them to a wheel shop to get either the e series wheels widened or the AU chasers modified to fit. anyone know any shops in Sydney that do this type of stuff??

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:

I can read mate... I've seen the link. Lol. A smart person would sort out all his different options first, not stick to one..

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

ef_theo wrote:
SWC wrote:

I can read mate... I've seen the link. Lol. A smart person would sort out all his different options first, not stick to one..

OK Smart Man.
1)If you are so bright why ask about hub adapters in the first place.

2) AU Chasers are 16" and they will still be +36 offset. Get them widened and set to a +6 offset and you will be paying more than is being asked for the 17" chaser at +6 offset with tyres.

3)But then again you are smart so look at your options.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ef_theo wrote:
SWC wrote:

Mate don't be a a*** to people who know what they are talking about and are trying to help you out. By what you have asked you actually don't seem to be all that smart.
You have said 17" would look great and they have to be at least 7" wide. A Territory rim is the answer your looking for.
The only other answer there is having a set of wheel modified , by having centres fitted into another set of bands. What you will pay for that to be done will be twice the market value of your EF.
Use the wonderful tool called google and look up wheel repairers in Sydney. I reckon you might find some phone numbers there to ring them and ask.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
ef_theo wrote:
SWC wrote:

Mate don't be a a*** to people who know what they are talking about and are trying to help you out. By what you have asked you actually don't seem to be all that smart.
You have said 17" would look great and they have to be at least 7" wide. A Territory rim is the answer your looking for.
The only other answer there is having a set of wheel modified , by having centres fitted into another set of bands. What you will pay for that to be done will be twice the market value of your EF.
Use the wonderful tool called google and look up wheel repairers in Sydney. I reckon you might find some phone numbers there to ring them and ask.

finally some answers.. took me to be a smartass to get them. and yes I've called around and done my research. I'm just asking again on a forum, every opinion counts because there seems to be 'people here who know what they're talking about'. and territory wheels don't fit my car..?

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
ef_theo wrote:
SWC wrote:

OK Smart Man.
1)If you are so bright why ask about hub adapters in the first place.

2) AU Chasers are 16" and they will still be +36 offset. Get them widened and set to a +6 offset and you will be paying more than is being asked for the 17" chaser at +6 offset with tyres.

3)But then again you are smart so look at your options.

1) why not? doesnt hurt to ask. yes they're illegal but who cares lol so is chopping springs and how many cars out there do you see bouncing around on chopped springs

2) yes you're probably right, but I still want to sort out all avenues before buying something. and at $700 for a set of chasers I'd rather buy a set of argent replicas ready made for my car for $1000 hence why I want to cover every avenue.

3) if you don't have any constructive opinions or advice don't post anything in the first place, I'm not here to play childish games with people who are bored. just looking for a few answers jeez

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

ef_theo wrote:
Matt_jew wrote:
ef_theo wrote:
SWC wrote:

finally some answers.. took me to be a smartass to get them. and yes I've called around and done my research. I'm just asking again on a forum, every opinion counts because there seems to be 'people here who know what they're talking about'. and territory wheels don't fit my car..?

READ THE F**k AD FFS!!!!!

epson wrote:
i had these modified by Neway wheels to fit direct onto e-series without spacers.

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

did you miss the part where he said he's modified them to fit my car? they're not stock "territory wheels" you i**ot! and the wheels are in Canberra and im in sydney, hence why I'd rather find out how much it would be to get my own done here.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ef_theo wrote:
did you miss the part where he said he's modified them to fit my car? they're not stock "territory wheels" you i**ot! and the wheels are in Canberra and im in sydney, hence why I'd rather find out how much it would be to get my own done here.

Canberra is a 3 hour drive from Sydney. Easy done.
The centres would of been pared out of the rims and rewelded in at E series offset.
Since they come with tyres the wheels are cheap.
To do your you will be looking at least $100 per rim once you supply them.
Say $50 a rim IF you find them and get them cheap. The 17" steel wheel is not common.
So your looking at $600 at the very cheapest to get a set done for yourself and then you need to add tyres as well.
Also they are advertised at $700. Then you haggle the price as well.
Its really not hard.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
ef_theo wrote:

Canberra is a 3 hour drive from Sydney. Easy done.
The centres would of been pared out of the rims and rewelded in at E series offset.
Since they come with tyres the wheels are cheap.
To do your you will be looking at least $100 per rim once you supply them.
Say $50 a rim IF you find them and get them cheap. The 17" steel wheel is not common.
So your looking at $600 at the very cheapest to get a set done for yourself and then you need to add tyres as well.
Also they are advertised at $700. Then you haggle the price as well.
Its really not hard.

I know this! I've already pm'd the guy about the wheels! all I'm doing is asking about doing it myself here and everyone tells me to buy the set already made... Go figure...

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well honestly what do you want to know?
I have told you what your looking at to have it done and costs but you already know this?
How can anyone help you when you are not clear in what you want and are just being a a***?

xr6turnip wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next