EB WITH A EL FRONT IS GOING AHEAD BA DASH AND ENGINE AS WELL 

Page 4 of 6 [ 82 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: EB WITH A EL FRONT IS GOING AHEAD BA DASH AND ENGINE AS WELL
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

I too, am a big fan of that rear bumper. Looks awesome without the trims on the side too. Overly impressed with this project. I'm gonna try fitting just the EL front bumper and then put BA lights down the track. Keep it up and keep us posted!

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

Very nice indeed, I think it will look awesome! I also think this would look sick on a NC

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:14 am 
Fordmods Junkie

engelbert wrote:
Very nice indeed, I think it will look awesome! I also think this would look sick on a NC

Yeah thats a cool idea, would like to see a NF/NL lane front on a NC

Josh

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 EB hybrid monster

QLD, Australia

Hey viwers, been a while since iv last posted... heres whats been happening, iv picked up the engine and gearbox from brisbane just this weekend, i got a BA xr6 2004 with a 5 speed manual, also got most of the wiring, the dash wiring and dash support, got all the computers and bem, got a 6 stacker CD and A/c, and got the gear shift all for $1500, i think ill start a new post on the ba conversion, i was thinking of doen a complete new post in the garage section even, that covers all iv done.... so anyways iam taken the car into the shop probable in 3 or so weeks to get welded and sprayed, dunno what colours to go yet maybe a dark purple or bright green or oragnge... any ways, heres some pics and also picked up a 2nd hand pair of EL XR indicators... cost me a arm and a leg. post some ideas and any questions u got,

Attachment:
24032009171.jpg
24032009171.jpg [ 277.83 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

Attachment:
24032009165.jpg
24032009165.jpg [ 355.52 KiB | Viewed 201 times ]

Attachment:
24032009167.jpg
24032009167.jpg [ 244.12 KiB | Viewed 221 times ]

PS: ill get some more photos of the welding process and what i did when i get it in to work...

Weapon of choice, EB shell with a EL XR front powered by a BA engine.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Nice work dude. Before you slot in the engine throw some EF/EL heater pipes on, it will make things a hell of alot easier when you need to plumb in the heaters!

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

lol all i can say is that people are going to be pretty bloody confised when they look at your car haha. box car with newer curved front end powered by a 5 speed BA XR6 powerhouse lol. That is one dam confused car :P But well done im glad its not another project that was started and abandoned. keep up the good work

Jay

-- Built Not Bought --

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hey there viewers, i thaught i do a bit of an update, iv degreased and preped the engine bay, the for the respray and the rad support install, ill be taken the HYBRID bastard car in to work in about 2-3 weeks to have the support welded (ill take stacks of pics and what to do write up). Sorry its taken a while, but its slowly getten there. Got some SWEEEEET news, its completely off topic with the hole rad support thing HOWEVER like i said when the rad support is done ill start a write up in the garage section which will document and xplain everything iv done... any ways what i was gonna say is iv got a BA dash support bar and i just poped the front windscreen out just then to trial it, with in half an hour iv got the brassing sitting just about perfect.... iv got a damaged dash pad to trial it and it sits sweet, will have to sand or carefully use a air hacksaw a bit of the dash away where the windscreen sits but iam amazed... and YES i took stacks of photos to help show you what has to be done... in the next few weeks iam hoping to have the dash done, BA foot pedals in, A/C and heater box, C/D player, Ba xr6 engine and its 5 speed friend, car painted and the rad in... so keep a whatch out on my progess. Iam open to any questions to... incase there are any people curious about my mods. Well iam gonna call it a night, hoping to have the dash installed by wnd of next week, (ill sneak a photo in for you guys)....
Cheers

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

jaymeister wrote:
lol all i can say is that people are going to be pretty bloody confised when they look at your car haha. box car with newer curved front end powered by a 5 speed BA XR6 powerhouse lol. That is one dam confused car :P But well done im glad its not another project that was started and abandoned. keep up the good work

Jay

Hey thanks for the comment, yeah iam hoping it turns out sweet, i got this pic sent to me threw an old thread i had, it was when i was asking if it was possible to fit an EL front to a Box car, this shows what it would look like, it would have been way better if it was a side on shot, but u can kinda work it out. When i saw this i was pretty impressed and i kinda like it... (hope he doesnt mind me using his pic)

Attachment:
eb with a el front.jpg
eb with a el front.jpg [ 52.5 KiB | Viewed 283 times ]

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
Nice work dude. Before you slot in the engine throw some EF/EL heater pipes on, it will make things a hell of alot easier when you need to plumb in the heaters!

Hey fordman, i gotta say i love ur EL fairy, mate iv read ur thread from page to page about 3 times, let me just say congrats to all your hard work, and ur ride looks sweet hope all goes well with your turbo conversion. when my car is up and going iam hoping to order a kit from snort performance. Any ways about ur question about the EF EL heater pipes, i dont wanna sound like a complete retart but are you talking about the heater pipes which go into the a/c and heater box??? coz i just picked up a heater A/C box the other day out of a BA for a nice 50 bob, is that what u mean mate??? any ways ill b keeping an eye on your project, keep up the good work.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Derrr! *slaps forhead* That's right, i completely forgot you were installing the dash aswell. Oh well, don't worry about changing the heater pipes on the engine then! Haha :D

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ED fairmont Ghia 5 litre

NSW, Australia

coming along nicely here
be good to see it finished
Drifty

THE V8 OUTLAW

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Its been a while since iv posted, i just have to wait one more week and my car is off to the pannel shop to be welded up, primed again, then hopefully painted the following week. So in the mean time iv been doing some trial fitting of my damaged BA dash the i have at home, (i got a good xr one coming on the way), but it was good to do some trial and error on the damaged one first then buggering the good one up... it wasnt to hard fitting the BA dash in, probably only spent 2 hours at the most. Ill put some pics up to show you guys. i also picked up 2 door trims out of a BA XL ute, and ill have a go at putting them on probably next week or something. i sat them on the door it looks that there mayyyy need to be some old holes welded up because it may look a little unfinished if left. Ill let you guys know how they sit.

Any ways heres some pics of the dash also hit me up with any questions or comments, if you guys got any ideas about the fitting of the door trims or dash let us know coz this is my first time at doing a project like this... cheers

Heres a pic of the engine bay all degreased and cleaned up.
Attachment:
01042009177.jpg
01042009177.jpg [ 405.52 KiB | Viewed 208 times ]

Heres a pic of a trial fit of the dash, it sits nicely near the doors and looks prety factory... ignore the bricks on top, i hadnt screwed the back of the dash in to sit it flush. so far it doesnt look like ill have to trim the back of the dash where it meats the windscreen. All i had to do was cut out some of the venting for the windsreen demister and thatll be replaced with the EB conventional windcreen dimister and some made up pipeing i think.
Attachment:
03042009200.jpg
03042009200.jpg [ 215.4 KiB | Viewed 200 times ]

Its probably eazier to remove ur windcreen, i found it to be an advantage so i could see what was in my way and to get a view of how the dash sat at the back, also this was my first time removing a windcreen, i used some tracing wire from BCF and 2 screw drivers, with the help of a mate, we sawed threw the glue, please note be patient, it took us nearly an hour and a half just to do the front and an hour at the back.

Attachment:
03042009196.jpg
03042009196.jpg [ 230.59 KiB | Viewed 200 times ]

Heres another pic of the back of the dash, i rekon it sits nicely, but iam gonna try and get the dash back another inch at least, mind you i havent trial fitted the centre console yet. Also iam unsure on what A PILLARS iam going to use, weather its worth trying to make the BA ones fit, OR if its easier to grab some EL ones and paint them either black or a Bone colour.

Attachment:
03042009195.jpg
03042009195.jpg [ 211.81 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Good to see some progress shots of the dash, can't wait to see it all in and going!

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FB wagon

SA, Australia

I used the ef ones when i did mine.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ED, EB11, 351 XF

New Zealand