Fordmods Logo

Headlight and indicator covers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Headlight and indicator covers
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

hey i just bought a new pair of headlight and indicator covers off ebay for $180 for the set, firstly i was wondering what you guys think would be a fair price for my existing covers, both indicators are next to new, and my drivers side headlight is in good condition aswell. The reason for buying a new set was my passenger side headlight cover suffered yellowing due to sun damage ive been told, and it wasnt too much of a price difference for the indicators to be added to the package so i thought id get all of them.

So two questions any thoughts on a fair price for my old set of covers? and if anyone is interested i can take pics and send them. and secondly my right indicator cover is slightly loose and has slipped out once before i was just wondering when i put the new cover on is there anything i should put to stop this from happening or is it as simple as just pushing the new covers in?

thanks guys

Post subject: Re: Headlight and indicator covers
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

OK don't forget to mention when selling what to suit ef/el or mont headlight.
secondly have you got gen indicators e.g. hella if so, I'd strongly recommend keeping them as a lot of the aftermarket ones leak etc. I have one on my car currently. At work we asked 25 a side for the aftermarkets new.
indicator's theres a screw under the black cover in the corner then slide out old on slide in new one, do screws up.

headlights require either the front bumper removed or loosed off enough to squeeze them out, pain in the a**, 4 bolts hold each on.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Post subject: Re: Headlight and indicator covers
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:54 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

cheers mate, yeah they are EL fairmont indicators and headlights, and yeah i spoke to someone and they said i should probably remove the whole bumper to put the headlights in. Im thinking of doing it myself but not 100% confident as ive never done it before and im not 100% sure how to do it. another thing im worried about is ive got a freshly painted front bumper and dont really wanna scratch it so any tips or advice would be really helpful?>

thanks for the reply mate

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]