Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

low ghia wrote:
looks great!!!
fan of the twin dumpies myself
heres another fan of the twin dumpies... as spied on green machines car... :wink:

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

I love the twin tipp

haw much did u get it for ????

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

looks smick dude.....what im looking to do myself...definently want therear section of the system lifted....scraped on a driveway on the weekend and ive broke the rear clamp. I might go the cannon or hotdog yet i want a hidden cannon but stupid db readings...i need the car engineered.....and the exhaust exceeds the limit (93db @ 2800rpm with standard 2.5" system with rear resonator removed)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 16 images

Power: 165 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I want to do similar to EF_Machine, remove the rear resonator and just have a 2.5" pipe out the back, how would I go with noise db?
(sounds nice n loud dumping at diff)

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

HP hungry wrote:
I want to do similar to EF_Machine, remove the rear resonator and just have a 2.5" pipe out the back, how would I go with noise db?
(sounds nice n loud dumping at diff)

Well the legislation in NSW/ACT is no louder than 90db I think you will find removing the rear resonator will, like me put u over. Mine is 93-94db @ 2800rpm... (When the test the exhaust they will ask you to putit either on 2800 or 3000rpm)..

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

Ive never had a problem with police due to noise, and i dare say my system is greater than 94 db.

A mate of mine toook the wholem rear muffler and resinator and just had a streight thru on his 302, i tell u what it sounded like a jet taking off, and he never had any problemds with the police, even when he was p0ulled over for speeding :) lol

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 95 EF GLi

VIC, Australia

That 302 would have sounded beastly as, 68stang!!! I guess it comes down to what the cops are looking for at the time. And with a V8 its expected to have that extra noise.

I'm just playing it safe with my hotdog muffler :wink:

1995 EF II Falcon GLi,
XR6 bodykit, 16" FTR Rims, Wade 1636 Cam, Pacemaker 4480 "Comp" extractors, Redback hi-flo cat, Redback 2.5" exhaust, AU XR8 tickford snorkel, King Springs Low rear/V8 SL front, Monroe GT Shocks, Kmac Camber/Castor Kit, Custom plates, Tinted windows. GUNMETAL MILITIA

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

i think it comes down to if you are causing a disturbance with such a loud car. I mean if your tearing up and down a residential area in the middle of the night for example, i think in these situations the police are likely to give you a defect notice.

If you arnt causing a disturbance i dont think they really care, has been my experience.

ive actually had more troubles because of my sound system to be honest. I once pulled up next to a cop car stopped at the lights, wound my windows right down and cranked my system up as loud as it could go. Needless to say they pulled me over just after the light went green and booked me for disturbing the peace.

a**hole. lol

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

68stang wrote:
i think it comes down to if you are causing a disturbance with such a loud car. I mean if your tearing up and down a residential area in the middle of the night for example, i think in these situations the police are likely to give you a defect notice.

If you arnt causing a disturbance i dont think they really care, has been my experience.

ive actually had more troubles because of my sound system to be honest. I once pulled up next to a cop car stopped at the lights, wound my windows right down and cranked my system up as loud as it could go. Needless to say they pulled me over just after the light went green and booked me for disturbing the peace.

a**hole. lol

Couldnt agree more....only reason i got told was having an engineer go over the car...mods ive had done o the interior and with the sound system....he wasnt supposed to check the exhaust but after he saw the 17" TV in the dash he went to down and checked over everything....so yeh exhaust was well over the legal limit..

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
All my old EF GLi had was a centre muffler and the cat the rest was 2.5" mandrel bent pipe.

Truly sounded like a V8. It was tough as.

yeah, mine is the same, just squeeze the throttle on and it rumbles right up through the revs!! love it!!

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2