Fordmods Logo

revers lights 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: revers lights
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

hey guys, im interested in what you would think about having an over-ride swith for my reversing light in my 92' EBII GLI just to trip people out, and if it isnt too bad of an idea, how would i go about this?

†={][}= TEKNO ={][}=†

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU S2 XR8

WA, Australia

simply find the reverse light power wire from your harness somewhere (out of the e.c.u), or even the power wire from the switch on top of the gearbox. put a switch in it mount wherever u like probably in the centre console would be the best.....

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Post subject: thanx
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ohk, so you dont think that it would cause any problems? and the other thing is, i dont see how a sitch is goin to make them work if t isnt in reverse as the power is sent when the revese gear is selected, what i want to do is bypas this with out causing any damage or problems other then user error (ie. leaving the switch on while driving)

†={][}= TEKNO ={][}=†

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

haha, yeah i think you'll find he meant to turn the reverse lights off when in reverse.
Now if you mean to turn it on, I guess you could run a second relay via a switch in the dash etc like when setting up driving lights.

Other thought is run a secondary line to bypass the reversing sensor switch, which goes via a switch on the dash.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

can i ask why you would bother and is that even legal?

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
can i ask why you would bother

Because he's 17

:roll:

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6,ED Wagon,EA Sedans,XF Ghi

QLD, Australia

phatba wrote:
can i ask why you would bother and is that even legal?

No Jeff its not legal & if you ask me its a bloody stupid idea! :evil:
Having been hit by a car that was reversing in woolies carpark with no reverse lights, I really hope he leaves them alone.

What seems like a good idea at 17yrs old will look completly different to you at the age of 40.

Sorry dude, but this post hit a nerve in me- :(

"When Cars Were Steel"
"Cars Were Real"

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:13 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

it sounds like he wants to turn them on while in a forward gear to make people at trafic lights think he is going to reverse into them..

if so thats just a stupid thing to do..

Last edited by TROYMAN on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Yes, I do think he means turning it ON when he's NOT reversing to freak people out. Which I guess is a lot better than having it off when he IS reversing.

Still a bit of a wank of a thing to do though.

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:39 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII 07 Upgrade XR6T

VIC, Australia

dude, dont f**k with ur wiring. one wire here could stop ur car from running. or atleast, thats just what happens when ur 17. but i remember, only accident ive been involved in was in red rooster drive thru, dikhed in a ve went past the window, reversed back, an forgot to put it back in drive, he saw me n my mate laughing at the fact he drove too far, so he got his food an took off, bang, straight into the front of my ef. i left him a decent amount of room tho, i saw his reverse lights on an thought "well, anything could happen" an hey, it did

Post subject: ok
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ok, well i do mean to put the reverse lights on with out the reverse gear being selected. not the other way, that idea is stupid. i also don't intend on doing it in traffic. just thouht it would be a good trick to show my mates.

now if i was to run another power wire from the battery to a switch then the reverse lights, where would you suggest to run the power line to on the reverse lights wiring.. because i am worried about that power being sent back into the ECU and damaging it...

†={][}= TEKNO ={][}=†

Post subject: Re: ok
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed ghia

VIC, Australia

TeKnO wrote:
ok, well i do mean to put the reverse lights on with out the reverse gear being selected. not the other way, that idea is stupid. i also don't intend on doing it in traffic. just thouht it would be a good trick to show my mates.

now if i was to run another power wire from the battery to a switch then the reverse lights, where would you suggest to run the power line to on the reverse lights wiring.. because i am worried about that power being sent back into the ECU and damaging it...

so after all the comments you got here u still want too do it :roll: :roll: :roll: hope you grow up soon mate

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:30 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6,ED Wagon,EA Sedans,XF Ghi

QLD, Australia

gmgelfalcon-wrote
dude, dont f**k with ur wiring. one wire here could stop ur car from running. or atleast, thats just what happens when ur 17. but i remember, only accident ive been involved in was in red rooster drive thru, dikhed in a ve went past the window, reversed back, an forgot to put it back in drive, he saw me n my mate laughing at the fact he drove too far, so he got his food an took off, bang, straight into the front of my ef. i left him a decent amount of room tho, i saw his reverse lights on an thought "well, anything could happen" an hey, it did

:D Please allow me to assist you in your enquiries!
As a general rule of thumb, if numerous members disagree with you then it usually suggests your idea "Sucks" :oops:
Furthermore if you enquiries are ignorned, give it a bloody rest. :evil:
In conclusion I think it is safe to say that the moderators of this site would not like their site associated with illegal-dangerous or just plain bloody stupid mods.( I may be wrong-as I was wrong once in 1978)
I also think that gmgelfalcon would get a huge laugh when you flick em on & he slams it in reverse & plows into the car behind.
Hope this helps & if you need any more assistance dont hesitate to ask the motor authority in your state,Im sure they will only be to happy to help!

"When Cars Were Steel"
"Cars Were Real"

Post subject: ok
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ok dc357, for your peace of mind and others, i will not be attempting this, as you and others have pointed out, this is not a good idea, i want you to know that i signed up to this site in hope for advise as i dont know everything. i feel i am getting great opinions from you all and good ideas from other posts on the site also, thank you all for your help and i look forward to other conversations in the future.

†={][}= TEKNO ={][}=†

Post subject: Re: ok
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: el fairmont

WA, Australia

TeKnO wrote:
ok dc357, for your peace of mind and others, i will not be attempting this, as you and others have pointed out, this is not a good idea, i want you to know that i signed up to this site in hope for advise as i dont know everything. i feel i am getting great opinions from you all and good ideas from other posts on the site also, thank you all for your help and i look forward to other conversations in the future.

HURRAY!!! a 17 year old that actually listened to reason,there is hope for my daughters yet!!!!!:)

LETS GET THE FALCON HELL OUTA HERE!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next