Fordmods Logo

Show us your E-series! 

Page 207 of 217 [ 3252 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 217  Next

Post subject: Re: Show us your E-series!
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

TAS, Australia

TheELghia wrote:
SLO247 wrote:
Strip it and put good stuff on the Fairmont. Why waste time on a poverty pack GLi? Looks like a heap of s**t, awesome for parts though.

Looks like an EL with an EF front or an EF with an EL interior. Good price for all the parts on it.

Pics of the Fairmont?

Id say its an ef due to the black buttons throughout the interior, but has an El dash.
From the looks of it, the dash could be an opt. 20 police cluster. so you've scored yourself another goody in there. Then again it doesn't work...
Nice find anyway man, especially for the parts

Nicely spotted with the Police Cluster... i didnt even notice that myself. I might have to try and figure out what the problem is with the speedo now, everything else works on the dash just speedo..

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

The Fairmont looks clean as, very nice. I'd keep that for sure, not many good ones anymore.

I like the wheels on the Fairmont too. Use the goodies on it that you want, sell the leftovers and the whole excercise will cost you nothing.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:18 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

AaronWilton wrote:
TheELghia wrote:
SLO247 wrote:
Strip it and put good stuff on the Fairmont. Why waste time on a poverty pack GLi? Looks like a heap of s**t, awesome for parts though.

Looks like an EL with an EF front or an EF with an EL interior. Good price for all the parts on it.

Pics of the Fairmont?

Id say its an ef due to the black buttons throughout the interior, but has an El dash.
From the looks of it, the dash could be an opt. 20 police cluster. so you've scored yourself another goody in there. Then again it doesn't work...

Nicely spotted with the Police Cluster... i didnt even notice that myself. I might have to try and figure out what the problem is with the speedo now, everything else works on the dash just speedo..

Yep, that's the opt 20 cluster, I have the same one in mine. It should say it on a plate on the passengers side of the firewall/ under the bonnet (easy to spot) if the car is an opt. 20 one, if not I suppose someone put the cluster in it sometime in it's lifetime. You might have a few other goodies like an LSD in it if it's an opt 20! That's a very decent find for 450 bucks man.

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Benno The Viking wrote:
AaronWilton wrote:
TheELghia wrote:
SLO247 wrote:

Pics of the Fairmont?

Yep, that's the opt 20 cluster, I have the same one in mine. It should say it on a plate on the passengers side of the firewall/ under the bonnet (easy to spot) if the car is an opt. 20 one, if not I suppose someone put the cluster in it sometime in it's lifetime. You might have a few other goodies like an LSD in it if it's an opt 20! That's a very decent find for 450 bucks man.

I just checked out the plate and its an OPT25... Anyone know what that means ? I'm trying to figure out if the original engine for this car, or if its from an XR6 or what ? Any help please lol..

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

AaronWilton wrote:
Benno The Viking wrote:
AaronWilton wrote:
TheELghia wrote:
SLO247 wrote:

Pics of the Fairmont?

I just checked out the plate and its an OPT25... Anyone know what that means ? I'm trying to figure out if the original engine for this car, or if its from an XR6 or what ? Any help please lol..

The GLI didn't come with a Tickford engine, so it's not the original engine.

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Yeah i knew the gli didnt come with it but thought maybe thats what OPT25 meant but im just guessing randomly. I'm trying to sell the motor but the guy keeps asking what car its from and I have no idea lol, is there any difference between EF to EL Tickford motors, or the fairlane tickford motors ? I probablly should move this to another thread but im lazy, sorry guys.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ef has coilpack, el has a dissy. they are the same between xr and fairlanes AFAIK

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

AaronWilton wrote:
Yeah i knew the gli didnt come with it but thought maybe thats what OPT25 meant but im just guessing randomly. I'm trying to sell the motor but the guy keeps asking what car its from and I have no idea lol, is there any difference between EF to EL Tickford motors, or the fairlane tickford motors ? I probablly should move this to another thread but im lazy, sorry guys.

option 20 is police, i think option 25 is taxi...lol

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
AaronWilton wrote:

lol :lol:

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
AaronWilton wrote:

Hahaha well good thing im not keeping the piece of crap haha... I'm guessing someone just picked up a written off xr6 at some stage and swapped out everything... I dunno, I give up..

Cheers.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Wagon, DF LTD

VIC, Australia

My EL GLi wagon next to my newly, and cheaply aquired DF LTD. Next step: to tear out the completely buggered 8 to make way for the wagon's inline 6. Then, the fun begins.

Those with a keen eye will note the Momo steering wheel and the very rare birdseye maple dash spear. Winning.

The gene pool could do with a little bit of chlorine...

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EFII Fairmont XR8

TAS, Australia

Got my EF Fairmont 185 back today after getting the grille + Bonnet resprayed. Had to go back to the EF Grille after the EL's flimsy POS fell apart when dismantling.

Nice to see another EF mont in Tassie and a very similar EF heritage green a couple of pages back with similar mods.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Ef wagon

VIC, Australia

My ef fairmont wagon
Befor

And after

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Wagon, DF LTD

VIC, Australia

Elwagon91 wrote:
My ef fairmont wagon
Befor

And after

How much persuasion will it take to get you to part with those rims? I'm still filthy the previous owner of my LTD sold them in favour of some CSA Gladiators :evil:

The gene pool could do with a little bit of chlorine...

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Ef wagon

VIC, Australia

If I was going 2 sell them but I'm not they would be about 650 but I'm not selling them I have 2 sets 8 wheels but I only have 5 centre caps

Sort by  
 Page 207 of 217  [ 3252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 217  Next