Fordmods Logo

The Fairlane & LTD Thread 

Page 70 of 118 [ 1764 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 118  Next

Post subject: Re: The Fairlane & LTD Thread
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

WA, Australia

others

Attachments:
IMG_2301.jpg
IMG_2301.jpg [ 38.16 KiB | Viewed 168 times ]
IMG_22988.JPG
IMG_22988.JPG [ 33.38 KiB | Viewed 181 times ]

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Nice looking unit there Sim, looks like your having fun there too!
In other news, I've just got hold of an explorer manifold for the NF - $200 off ebay- then I picked up another top with 65mm throttle body attached for $100 so it looks like I'm gonna finally do the explorer install and while I'm at it I picked up a set of 1.73 roller rockers from another member to fit as well while I'm there.
If anyone has a link to a good article on explorer install could they put it up here as I'm not having much luck with the search button.

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

If anybody here is looking to buy a Fairlane soon, I'll be selling my NL. No use to me sitting in the garage. I have better things to do with the money!

fairlane6970 the Explorer should just bolt straight up. From memory there are a few vac lines to change and I can't remember what has to be done with the throttle and cruise cables. Pretty straightforward though! Just pick up some Felpro gaskets before hand.

SIM that looks bloody nice!

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

WA, Australia

cheers. yeah i gotta get hold of an explorer manifold and that myself. was actually thinking for the cash ya spend on one is it worth getting something higher up?

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

YEH love the lwb fords, they are a nice luxury cruisers,and they can look tough also,here are some pics of my ride,added a few extras since ive had it, but still has original stock 4 litre in it and happy with it and gos good enough for me, luv cruisin in it.

Attachments:
03092011(001).jpg
03092011(001).jpg [ 191.81 KiB | Viewed 211 times ]
10092011(012).jpg
10092011(012).jpg [ 414.32 KiB | Viewed 159 times ]
18092011.jpg
18092011.jpg [ 186.95 KiB | Viewed 176 times ]
18092011(003).jpg
18092011(003).jpg [ 204.99 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Love coming back to this thread to get my fix,lol..
I have to wait until march before I can get my LTD as the backyard needs fixing first.

Anyhow I would like to know your thoughts on puting gt40 heads,explorer manifold,maf ect
onto the fairlane/ltd as the cars are quite heavy so do you still get decent power from the upgrades?

I would like to put my LTD on gas though so not sure how the upgrades would go?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

VIC, Australia

i picked this up to replace the eb and xf..

bye bye hideous scoop

i dont miss the 6 in the eb yet. the 5 litre sounds much better.
im in the process of getting it to pass a rwc atm.. it will be rego'd shortly

plans are. lpg, towbar. and a closed door respray too.
my mate and myself are going to do it as its straight. just had the clearcoat peeling off badly, same colour too. as i like biscayne blue

but im not arguing considering on what it owes me. its just a tidy up and look after it project

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Fairghia95 wrote:
YEH love the lwb fords, they are a nice luxury cruisers,and they can look tough also,here are some pics of my ride,added a few extras since ive had it, but still has original stock 4 litre in it and happy with it and gos good enough for me, luv cruisin in it.

Nice wheels mate. It's really suits the Lane :D

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate, i like your lane is that a concorde ? looks nice and neat and original, reminds me of when i got mine but i had the nf grille which i didnt like that is why i got the ltd,but i was very close to gettting the nl grille which i really liked also but i stummbled across the ltd first. im also putting up some shots of some woodgrain which i did on some of my grey plastics, i thought it come up well i got the vinyl from the states and atacked it with a heat gun ,im very happy with the results. i love wood grain, never use to like it when i was younger but im lovin it now, maby comes with age lol. :lol: :wink:

Attachments:
01102011(010).jpg
01102011(010).jpg [ 428.31 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]
01102011(005).jpg
01102011(005).jpg [ 310.04 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]
01102011(008).jpg
01102011(008).jpg [ 359.61 KiB | Viewed 163 times ]
01102011(006).jpg
01102011(006).jpg [ 440.41 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Good to see the old boat thread is still alive and kicking........ no thanks to me of late :roll: Some nice examples of the big girls still coming through!

aristopwr wrote:
Love coming back to this thread to get my fix,lol..
I have to wait until march before I can get my LTD as the backyard needs fixing first.

Anyhow I would like to know your thoughts on puting gt40 heads,explorer manifold,maf ect
onto the fairlane/ltd as the cars are quite heavy so do you still get decent power from the upgrades?

I would like to put my LTD on gas though so not sure how the upgrades would go?

Thanks in advance

Know the feeling about wanting to sink money in the car, but the house/yard taking priority :roll:

Any upgrade from the stock HO mainfold and E7 heads will yield a noticable power increase, but if you are going down this road, I wouldn't bother with LPG unless you are planning on running a dedicated gas system. You are just introducing a huge restriction to the intake with the mixer ring. If economy is a high priority, just install an explorer and get the gas, it will still be an improvement over the stock system.

I had lpg installed on my Lane and have regretted it ever since. Even still, with the mixer fitted, explorer and a few other mods in the right place, my Lane still ran 143rwkw (on fuel).......good enough for the rare weekend cruise :mrgreen:

The wifes wagon on the other hand has had the mixer ring removed, explorer and the stock heads were ported to work with the explorer by the previous owner and it leaves the Lane for dead on the road........haven't had the Wag's on a Dyno, but it goes pretty hard for a LWB boxcar!

89S-PACK wrote:
i picked this up to replace the eb and xf..

Nice tidy example you have there, has wood too :mrgreen:

Good luck with the "tidy up" :lol: That's how I first started with the Lane as well......one thing leads to another and before you know it...........

And I'm probably going to cop a flaming for this, but I actually like the bonnet scoop! Seems to follow the lines of the bonnet and is quite subtle without going over the top........pity you are in Vic! I have been thinking of drawing something up along those lines recently, and here it is! :P

Let the flaming begin!!!

Cheers,
Mick

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Fairghia95 wrote:
Thanks mate, i like your lane is that a concorde ? looks nice and neat and original, reminds me of when i got mine but i had the nf grille which i didnt like that is why i got the ltd,but i was very close to gettting the nl grille which i really liked also but i stummbled across the ltd first. im also putting up some shots of some woodgrain which i did on some of my grey plastics, i thought it come up well i got the vinyl from the states and atacked it with a heat gun ,im very happy with the results. i love wood grain, never use to like it when i was younger but im lovin it now, maby comes with age lol. :lol: :wink:

I like the idea of the woodgrain vinyl on the switch assembly... I might have to nick that idea for my mont. Haha

Looks good though mate,
Im not a great fan of the NA/NC range, but the NF/NL range is really nice.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

My mates FE LTD, taken about a week or so ago when we got it back on the road.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Fairghia95 wrote:

Haha thanks mate! It's just a Ghia but with the sports rims as an option when new. Yeah it's quite original, never been in a bingle. I'm slowly replacing cosmetic parts and have been working in and around the engine bay. It had LPG fitted but was a pain in the bum, so I removed it myself haha.. got the odd squeak and rattle and slowly finding them
Mate, the woodgrain looks nice as!!! :D

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

So, my 2J plans aren't happening anytime soon..... In the last 3 days I have picked up: Cebco/RBS 330mm Twin Piston brakes and a Rotrex Centrifugal charger. I have a set of Siemens Deka 60lb injectors here, and a Bosch 044. Basically BBM, J3 or possibly an EMS or a Haltech, FrozenBoost W2A cooler and a surge tank need to be ordered or fitted. I'm hoping to have this done by December, and Mod Plated for legalities within a week of it being finished..... For this round......

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 70 of 118  [ 1764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 118  Next