Fordmods Logo

The Fairlane & LTD Thread 

Page 105 of 118 [ 1764 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 118  Next

Post subject: Re: The Fairlane & LTD Thread
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NC Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Cheers Lowlane7,thats what i mean by pros alright.This is my first Ford,yeah yeah i know,lol.I ripped the grille to make me Paint her,she is nearly all original,and there is almost nothing left.Primer showing on roof and bonnet.The springs are stock sagged,i need to go abot 30 mm lower at the most,and i need stiff towing springs for the rear,air shocks will be fitted when towing.Kings,Lovells, who are the best ? Also what is the best when doing a lsd ? Full diff,just a cntre,el,ed etc ??? Give up all your secrets,Cheers Guys.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Hey dude.

Sounds like the paint really failed over time if the factory primer is showing! Lol.

King Springs do heavy duty versions of their springs. Designed for an extra 30kg or something like that. I have them in mine..

Lovells are an Australian brand IIRC.. I have a set of standard rears that were in a fairlane.. Not too sure on performance as I've never used them. But to me it would be a case of 6/half dozen.. Springs are springs.. Have a ring around and see what you can find..

EF/EL diffs have different handbrake provisions on the housing, (open to correction but I'm pretty sure I'm right) so is aim for a EA-ED..

You probably have a 3.27 or 3.23 LSD already, you can try find a 3.45 from an ED XR6? (open to correction again there too if I'm wrong)

I'd say you could swap the centres and pinion too if you got hold of an EF/EL set but it would be more work.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Only thing I would add to Lowlanes response would be if you do happen to find a 3.45 from a EF/EL, you will need to make sure you also get the trailing arms from the donor car. Depends on what you want from the car, if you want a highway cruiser stick with the 3.27, need more poke at the lights hunt for a 3.45 :wink:

As for springs, I have King SL's in mine and they are pretty stiff, but I haven't done any towing with it so can't say what they would be like! I have a good set of air shocks in a NC I'm wrecking that you control with a standard tyre valve type fitting in the boot. I'll let you know when they are ready if you're interested as I have no need for them.

Oh, and welcome to the Blue Oval Family! You have made an excellent choice for your first Ford :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mick

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Had a guy on FB do his magic on what my Lane would look like on bags.....and I must say, I'm chomping at the bit now to make it happen :mrgreen:
Attachment:
Photoshopped Lane.jpg
Photoshopped Lane.jpg [ 97.99 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]

then after he did all the hard work, I came in and added a few personal touches! I'll get around to the shaved door handle look one of these days, but I think bags have jumped them on the must do list :P
Attachment:
Photoshopped Lane 4.JPG
Photoshopped Lane 4.JPG [ 101.34 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

He also did the wifes G220 :D
But my Lane comes first :P
Attachment:
Photoshopped G220.JPG
Photoshopped G220.JPG [ 81.6 KiB | Viewed 209 times ]

Also did my take on that 8-)
Attachment:
Photoshopped G220 Kellie 1.JPG
Photoshopped G220 Kellie 1.JPG [ 90.62 KiB | Viewed 221 times ]

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Lol.. :roll:

Noooo! Don't do it!!!

Unless your gonna go all Xzibit on the rest of the car.. Gonna need 5 extra subs, tv in the middle of your steering wheel, Lamborghini doors? You could fit a BBQ or pool table in the boot... And a hot tub too!

Yeah it looks cute (note old definition of "ugly but interesting") but its just too commodore/gangsta wannabe to me...

And I never got shaving everything.... It's like your looking at a cok with a franger on...

Also in the garage....

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

HAHA!

Guess you wont like this then :P
Attachment:
Bling Bling Lane 1.jpg
Bling Bling Lane 1.jpg [ 57.98 KiB | Viewed 328 times ]

Attachment:
Bling Bling Lane 2.jpg
Bling Bling Lane 2.jpg [ 63.49 KiB | Viewed 186 times ]

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Rofl. Now that's insane! Paint job is pretty Schmick too!

You gotta do it properly or not at all mick! :twisted:

Also that hasn't been shaved..

I was more getting at air bagging and minimal else being "meh"..
A idiot in town had a VL he'd bagged. It was all it had done but every C*** thought it was the shizz nitz!!

It looked awful! Words cannot describe... The awfulity of it!

Also in the garage....

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thats the stuff Im after,Cheers guys.Mine somehow came without a lsd,even states it on the diff tag.I really need 3.9s as an engine upgrade will be coming soon,might have to build up a centre and do the full refit of my diff.With the xr6 upper arms,do i just buy the Noltec ones on ebay already with the new bushes already fitted ? I need all new arms for the rear with the heavy duty bushes,maybe a little more than stock power coming,hehe.Well looked after old car,just left in the sun each day to bake,and the old owners were shall we say,large.Hence reason for new seats instantly,springs in your a***,lol.Had to change the dashtop as it was cooked brown.Ps,cant do bags,i have no jewellery,lol.Oh and yes on the airshocks too NC11LANE.

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Dirty30 wrote:
Thats the stuff Im after, Cheers guys.

Mine somehow came without a lsd, even states it on the diff tag. I really need 3.9s as an engine upgrade will be coming soon, might have to build up a centre and do the full refit of my diff.

With the xr6 upper arms, do i just buy the Noltec ones on ebay already with the new bushes already fitted? I need all new arms for the rear with the heavy duty bushes,maybe a little more than stock power coming, hehe.

Well looked after old car,just left in the sun each day to bake,and the old owners were shall we say, large. Hence reason for new seats instantly, springs in your a***, lol. Had to change the dashtop as it was cooked brown.

Ps,cant do bags,i have no jewellery,lol.

Oh and yes on the airshocks too NC11LANE.

Hey, just for fun... chuck in some spaces and a paragraph or 2... as you see I did an example above..

SO you have a tag on your diff that says non LSD? take a photo if you can, its interesting they bothered to do a tag to say it ISN'T LSD...

Decide if you want to do the whole diff swap or just the centre...
If your going to just do the centre just buy the bushes and get them fitted to your current arms.
If your going to do the whole housing from an EF/EL then try to find a set of upper arms with it..

Lol, that reminds me of a bloke I knew who was of the larger group of peoples.. For some reason he cracked a MEGA horn for a SAAS seat I had..
He wheeled and dealed till I sold it to him.. He came around and we swapped the seats over...
Literally half an hour later he was back... turns out the 30 second trial sitting in it wasn't very accurate and it dug into his sides too much.. And he didnt even want his money back.. just wanted to swap them back and go..

back to how it reminds me of that.. the seat I got was dead FLAT.. springs poking my legs etc.. it was pretty uncomfortable...

Also in the garage....

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the offer Lowlane7,but i will decline.I ONLY joined this site for fun.

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

No offers there mate.. Just genuine advise..

Also in the garage....

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:

Noooo! Don't do it!!!

Unless your gonna go all Xzibit on the rest of the car.. Gonna need 5 extra subs, tv in the middle of your steering wheel, Lamborghini doors? You could fit a BBQ or pool table in the boot... And a hot tub too!

Yeah it looks cute (note old definition of "ugly but interesting") but its just too commodore/gangsta wannabe to me...

And I never got shaving everything.... It's like your looking at a cok with a franger on...

haha! I didn't come down in the last shower mate, been around here for a while, so it will take more than calling me a commodore loving gangsta wannabe to rattle my cage! And that's the beauty of FordMods, different strokes for different folks :P I'm building my car, albeit at a very slow pace, the way I like it, and that just happens to be with a clean shaved look. Had the spare set of doors sitting in the shed for a while now, but I'm in no rush!

So that means the bags may or may not eventuate....only time will tell :D

And for the record, I f**k hate doof doof stereo's! Would much rather lower the windows and listen to the sweet sound of my custom V8 exhaust :mrgreen:

Lowlane7 wrote:

My point exactly.......I fkn hate it......way too overdone! But you like it and I'm OK with that :P

Lowlane7 wrote:
A idiot in town had a VL he'd bagged. It was all it had done but every C*** thought it was the shizz nitz!!

I think my car is far from stock so not sure where you're going with that.......and comparing it to a bog stock VL......c'mon mate, really! :o :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dirty30 wrote:
Thats the stuff Im after,Cheers guys.Mine somehow came without a lsd,even states it on the diff tag.I really need 3.9s as an engine upgrade will be coming soon,might have to build up a centre and do the full refit of my diff.With the xr6 upper arms,do i just buy the Noltec ones on ebay already with the new bushes already fitted ? I need all new arms for the rear with the heavy duty bushes,maybe a little more than stock power coming,hehe.Well looked after old car,just left in the sun each day to bake,and the old owners were shall we say,large.Hence reason for new seats instantly,springs in your a***,lol.Had to change the dashtop as it was cooked brown.Ps,cant do bags,i have no jewellery,lol.Oh and yes on the airshocks too NC11LANE.

I'm about to fit a 3.45 to mine, which currently has the stock 3.27, so looking forward to taking it for a spirited run once I do! Probably won't be anything to brag about, but will be an improvement nonetheless!

I was lucky with my Lanes seats, bought the car from a Ford Sales Manager, who loved it so much, he kept it! Passed it onto one of his mates who was a sales rep for a few years, but then he bought it back and stuck it in his shed till I came along! They are near perfect! Not a mark or fibre out of place anywhere! I went through the whole LTD leather stage, but eventually went back to my original velours just for the pure comfort of them!

I guess I won't be counting on your vote with the bagged look either eh :P I do have a silver ring on each hand and a necklace my daughter bought me for Xmas, so I qualify I guess :lol:

As for the airshocks, I've got a fair bit to pull off the Sportsman this weekend, so I will get under there and pull them out and let you know what brand they are. From the valve fitting in the boot and the clean airlines, I don't think they are very old :wink:
Cheers,
Mick

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:
Lowlane7 wrote:

Noooo! Don't do it!!!

haha! I didn't come down in the last shower mate, been around here for a while, so it will take more than calling me a commodore loving gangsta wannabe to rattle my cage! And that's the beauty of FordMods, different strokes for different folks :P I'm building my car, albeit at a very slow pace, the way I like it, and that just happens to be with a clean shaved look. Had the spare set of doors sitting in the shed for a while now, but I'm in no rush!

So that means the bags may or may not eventuate....only time will tell :D

And for the record, I f**k hate doof doof stereo's! Would much rather lower the windows and listen to the sweet sound of my custom V8 exhaust :mrgreen:

No, I wasn't trying to have a go at all, I'm probably the only one here who dosn't do that (typing is hard to get a tone of voice from though lol). I was referring to the look of a car that has only been bagged.. it looks wierd and it dosnt tickle my fancy (RE: your different strokes reference, that's very true, and its why I only come on here)

Lowlane7 wrote:

My point exactly.......I fkn hate it......way too overdone! But you like it and I'm OK with that :P

I repeat, "cute".. Ugly but interesting. I dont like it to the extent i want it, but there has been a lot of time put into the paint job there, and I can appreciate that, its got the wires and white walls so it completes the lowrider look. it looks pretty simple inside. I can appreciate anything that has had some time and detail put into it. If I were you I'd get another lane and do to that, your NCII is pretty sweet as it is. Like I said, if your gonna do it, do it properly ;) like that example..

Lowlane7 wrote:

I think my car is far from stock so not sure where you're going with that.......and comparing it to a bog stock VL......c'mon mate, really! :o :mrgreen:

Again, just using it as a reference to the point that bags themselves don't seem to work well. Why the f**k would I compare a glorious Lane/LTD to a "one of those", I am on the blue side of the fence, LOL.

End of it all its just my 5c on the airbag subject.. and as I said, ultimately, I appreciate the work put into cars, and love seeing the different results, so if you manage a kit I wont bag you out over it ROFL!! :lol: {pun intended}

Also in the garage....

Sort by  
 Page 105 of 118  [ 1764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 118  Next