Fordmods Logo

The Fairlane & LTD Thread 

Page 107 of 118 [ 1764 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 118  Next

Post subject: Re: The Fairlane & LTD Thread
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

georgio_300 wrote:
haha :D
I'm a bit shattered though, after parking it in the city last weekend i received a nice tow bar dent on the front bumper under the chrome trip next to the number plate.
The funny thing is i know who must've done it. It was some f***k wit in a green Landcruiser that was parked in front of me but I don't remember his plates.
:/

So do we need to head to your town for a land cruiser lynching? Lol..

Green isn't that popular in the cruisers...

EDIT: YEAHH!! 107 Pages!!

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Dirty30 wrote:
Diff is sorted,thanks for the input guys.Now i need some ef,el door spears,where would i go for those ? I would also like to find one of those Momo wheels with the cruise control buttons,if anyone knows where,i would be very grateful.Cheers.

Did you say door spears! Better jump on these ones....rare as hens teeth :wink:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon- ... SS:AU:3160
Cheers,
Mick

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NC Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Oh thats the wheel alright.Cant imagine any other wheel looking right inside her.

Thanks heaps for the Door Spear link,they will be mine no matter what,lol.

I also found a steering wheel on Ebay,your right about how much one is going to cost me.

georgio_300,thats a tasty Looking Lane you have there.I want your ride height,what springs are they ? I need a Hub to Guard measurement of 340-350mm front,and 340mm rear,Cheers.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mine looks to be in better condition than this one :P
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-falcon- ... _82wt_1362
I've already made back what I paid for the Sportsman, and I still haven't sold any of the running gear yet :D If I decide not to install the momo, you can have first dibs on it Dirty30 :wink:

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Makes me wonder with that wood grain one though is that one that ford would have used? Is it old ford stock, Or just the same style wheel from that era.

As in 10,000 units total made, and ford picked that style and used x amount in their cars..

Dose that make sense?

It's in a momo box, did the ford ones get/have a different part number?

Just wondering if it justifies the price tag..

Or could I look at it as the price tag for a brand new 94 momo wheel?

Also in the garage....

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Ford never fitted that wheel. The only sports wheel available for the boxcars was the Olympic III, which is the leather one in the NC above.

The wood grain one was just a Momo line item based on the same wheel and using the same frame as the Olympic III which means the Ford centre pads and cruise (if you have it) will fit and work.

I don't love the timber one, but each to their own I guess. Might look ok in Laine or a Ghia etc with the woodgrain door spears.......

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 88 LTD

VIC, Australia

Dirty30 wrote:
georgio_300,thats a tasty Looking Lane you have there.I want your ride height,what springs are they ? I need a Hub to Guard measurement of 340-350mm front,and 340mm rear,Cheers.

Thanks mate, i don't know the height in mm but they're SSL's all round on Pedder comfort shocks
try look for the woodgrain steering wheel like the one in my concorde, they're really rare but they looks better than the older ones

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Hey just for interests sake, I was searching for the weight of a Lane and came across this.

Its NA specific but it came up through searching Ford NA Fairlane specs, so changing to other models brings up the equivalent for all Lanes and LTDs

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/ ... /1989.html

Heaps of interesting info, although it seems most has been run through a program. I'm pretty sure they could go faster than 204 kph haha..

Also in the garage....

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Yeah im the same,that woodgrain one is a bit much.Wish i could see the condition of the Ebay Momo with the cruise buttons better.What looks good from afar,is usually far from good lol.

Does anyone have,or could go outside and get (please).Hub to guard measurements,the spring makers are giving me a 15mm window of allowance for spring differences.If anyone could help it would make purchase a bit easier.Mine needs 340 rear,and 350 front,cheers guys.I have so far been told SSL will give me between 335mm and 350mm rear.The fronts,wel nobody could give me a definite measurement.

Almost got a extremely cheap engine upgrade all worked out too,almost falls in the bay.So wrong,but so right at the same time.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

georgio_300 wrote:
Dirty30 wrote:

try look for the woodgrain steering wheel like the one in my concorde, they're really rare but they looks better than the older ones

The "older ones" as you refer to them are better suited to the "older" NA-NC DA-DC's. You try putting anything NF upwards into our old box cars and they look hideous.....just my opinion of course! And who has a spare $800 anyway! would be worth more than the bloody car!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-EF-EL-A ... SS:AU:3160

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cheep woodgrain anyone :wink:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 196wt_1006

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 88 LTD

VIC, Australia

would not be paying 800 for that one
the leather has been re done and it doesn't look right
I've got the original in my one and there's MOMO stamped into the leather on the bottom right.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Dirty30 wrote:
Yeah im the same,that woodgrain one is a bit much.Wish i could see the condition of the Ebay Momo with the cruise buttons better.What looks good from afar,is usually far from good lol.

Does anyone have,or could go outside and get (please).Hub to guard measurements,the spring makers are giving me a 15mm window of allowance for spring differences.If anyone could help it would make purchase a bit easier.Mine needs 340 rear,and 350 front,cheers guys.I have so far been told SSL will give me between 335mm and 350mm rear.The fronts,wel nobody could give me a definite measurement.

Almost got a extremely cheap engine upgrade all worked out too,almost falls in the bay.So wrong,but so right at the same time.

mine sits at 340-345 hub to guard front and rear, I wanted a dead even stance and it came out awesome. check out my build for some pics..

It took me a few calls to king springs to get the right setup

KFFL-26SL
KFRL-27SLHD

fronts took a while because there are a few different types, V8 and 6 cyl will give different heights, IE: V8 SLs in the front of a 6 will end up about 5mm higher and 6 cyl SLs will be 5mm lover in a V8 (approx from memory..)

I got the heavy duty rears for the extra a** in the fairlane.

came up pretty nice.

I do scrape the muffler on some speed bumps though, I'd go 5mm higher next time round using some nolathane 5mm spacers pads.

Has anyone tried restoring the DC woodgrain, the stuff that is actual wood under the varnish?

mine is cracking and comes off pretty easily, was wondering if some varnish would work to re-coat it?

Also in the garage....

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
Dirty30 wrote:

mine sits at 340-345 hub to guard front and rear, I wanted a dead even stance and it came out awesome. check out my build for some pics..

It took me a few calls to king springs to get the right setup

KFFL-26SL
KFRL-27SLHD

fronts took a while because there are a few different types, V8 and 6 cyl will give different heights, IE: V8 SLs in the front of a 6 will end up about 5mm higher and 6 cyl SLs will be 5mm lover in a V8 (approx from memory..)

I got the heavy duty rears for the extra a** in the fairlane.

came up pretty nice.

I do scrape the muffler on some speed bumps though, I'd go 5mm higher next time round using some nolathane 5mm spacers pads.

Has anyone tried restoring the DC woodgrain, the stuff that is actual wood under the varnish?

mine is cracking and comes off pretty easily, was wondering if some varnish would work to re-coat it?

Thank you so much,that is going to make today much easier.You should put this in the Tech Docs for sure.

I have to agree with the EL EF Wheels comment too,the same reason i put my original console back in.Some things just cant be mixed.

Sort by  
 Page 107 of 118  [ 1764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 118  Next