Fordmods Logo

The Fairlane & LTD Thread 

Page 65 of 118 [ 1764 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 118  Next

Post subject: Re: The Fairlane & LTD Thread
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
Looks very clean. Such a shame about the XR8.

Wish I was in QLD. How warm is it now? We are descending into an icy winter here....

It's a shame about the XR, but it has saved me plenty of money not having it! The lane has some rust starting to appear, but that will be taken care of in a few weeks, and I'm also tempted to give it a fresh lick of Argon Silver.

It was a warm 13* as I left for work at 6am.....

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Very nice ride you have there mate......and welcome to the LWB club! No turning back now :mrgreen:

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:
Very nice ride you have there mate......and welcome to the LWB club! No turning back now :mrgreen:

Cheers, I'm glad to be back in an early E Series based car! I'm loving the Lane! Koni's are set to full hard and it's a brilliant ride. Somehow I can't see myself bailing on LWB Luxury.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
NCIILANE wrote:

Cheers, I'm glad to be back in an early E Series based car! I'm loving the Lane! Koni's are set to full hard and it's a brilliant ride. Somehow I can't see myself bailing on LWB Luxury.

Ah! another wise man enters the fold! welcome to the land of the LWB big asses!

On another note thought I'd post this link from CMS dyno day in Syd, not worried about figures but the noise is sweet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPj_HWt_y-o

Everyone said figures were down but mine was up from 101 to 102 so I'll take anything at this point! :lol: :lol:

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Cheers guys. This Lane is nearly perfect, so I only have a few plans. I failed to mention the front spring seats are on the highest setting, and the rear has 25mm of spring spacers, so it can comfortably come down another inch!

Holey Moley!! I got super lows for mine, from memory it was around 50mm mark even front and rears, it looks pretty close to how yours sits, I'd guess with the spacers it has ultra lows in the rear (look for SSL or SSSL after the part number that's stamped on them).
back on point, mine is borderline practical, even with heavy duty springs in the rear it hangs pretty low. But I'd love to see yours without the spacers :twisted: :twisted: you should do it one weekend just for the hell of it and let us know how it feels,

I have a feeling the spacers are to keep it off the bump stops though, cos I know mines pretty damn close!

Or have you already had a peek up in there?

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Cheers guys. This Lane is nearly perfect, so I only have a few plans. I failed to mention the front spring seats are on the highest setting, and the rear has 25mm of spring spacers, so it can comfortably come down another inch!

Holey Moley!! I got super lows for mine, from memory it was around 50mm mark even front and rears, it looks pretty close to how yours sits, I'd guess with the spacers it has ultra lows in the rear (look for SSL or SSSL after the part number that's stamped on them).
back on point, mine is borderline practical, even with heavy duty springs in the rear it hangs pretty low. But I'd love to see yours without the spacers :twisted: :twisted: you should do it one weekend just for the hell of it and let us know how it feels,

I have a feeling the spacers are to keep it off the bump stops though, cos I know mines pretty damn close!

Or have you already had a peek up in there?

It has a set of custom Pedders supers in the rear. the car sits at roughly 105mm with the spacers and fronts up high. The previous owner wants to know details on the spacers, as he needs another few for his Turbo ED, so they will have to come out at some point!

fairlane6970 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
NCIILANE wrote:

On another note thought I'd post this link from CMS dyno day in Syd, not worried about figures but the noise is sweet!

Everyone said figures were down but mine was up from 101 to 102 so I'll take anything at this point! :lol: :lol:

Yep, I'm in the LWB fold now, and loving it!

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
NCIILANE wrote:

Just watched a few of those youtube vids Ross........looks like some big numbers were achieved. Would have loved to bring the Wagon down, I know what the Lane can do, but the wagon s**t on the Lane in the power stakes but hasn't been on a dyno yet!

Do you think you would have got better figures on Petrol?

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No not really, gas ring is still pretty restrictive, but, saying that I took this as about 110-115 kw comparatively to the other dyno going what everyone else reckoned so the stock HO 5.0 now with extractors and full 3" made a good difference IMO, if it hadn't been so busy evl098 had a std intake pipe I could've tried but there were so many cars esp. V8's! I was worried it was gonna drop down to double figures as it seemed a bit hard to get a result for anyone.

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

fairlane6970 I thought mine was bad making 128!

Yours looks so mint though!

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah I was expecting better but, new dyno etc....still I don't care it goes ok, sounds great and is a fairlane so can't get much better - could've bought a Hyundai and spend 35 bucks a week on petrol, instead of driving the NF!

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
No not really, gas ring is still pretty restrictive, but, saying that I took this as about 110-115 kw comparatively to the other dyno going what everyone else reckoned so the stock HO 5.0 now with extractors and full 3" made a good difference IMO, if it hadn't been so busy evl098 had a std intake pipe I could've tried but there were so many cars esp. V8's! I was worried it was gonna drop down to double figures as it seemed a bit hard to get a result for anyone.

I have a gas ring and still ran 143kw. Only major difference between your donk and mine is the manifold's. Looks like you need to get ya hands on an explorer my friend :mrgreen: Seems it's good for another 30-40kw :lol:

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Mar55s, here is an LTD grille
http://shop.ebay.com.au/anche79/m.html? ... 4340.l2562

Probably a good price for one. Bit sad when half a kilo of plastic cost that though haha.

I think its the same dude wrecking an NL Concorde on Boostedfalcon too.

In other news, still got the NL here. Haven't done anything except put two tyres on the rear and throw a Pioneer deck in it. Kind of bored of it, I'm really dis-interested in it after I had the 5L NF.

Thinking of changing the gold badges to Chrome ones, will keep the gold ones though. Also looking at painting the Concorde wheels Silver. I know its ruining the originality a bit, but they look hideous in gold! Plus I already pulled the Concorde striping and badges off....

Thoughts? Or should I just leave it original and get another 5L?

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

5L my friend !!!!

I just got my 5L Ghia rego'd and even though the VCT 6 was quicker, im loving the sound........ the instant torque straight off the throttle is great too. Im not going back to a six if i can help it !!

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hallelujah brother....you've seen the light :lol:

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

1. Ford Fairmont, welcome to the world of torque and "Aural" sex! :lol:

2. SLO247 although they are nice (esp. to us LWB nuts) are Concordes actually collectible? I had a ZL Fairlane Sportsman - 1 of 700 made, probably cause no-one wanted any more! I liked it but no extra value, I actually wanted a 5.0 Concorde myself, but with no luck or car I got this NF and it's been good to me, but if they aren't collectible do what you like dude, that's why I bought my ZD as no-one cares what you do to a Fairlane, but mess with an XY, and peeps get upset! anyway I'll stop babbling now! :lol:

XE Fairmont Ghia

Sort by  
 Page 65 of 118  [ 1764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 118  Next