tickford kit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: tickford kit
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef falon + xk falcon

QLD, Australia

OK guys i have been thinking for a while and was wondering about replacing some broken bolts on a tickford front skirt on an ef, as they have snapped off .has anyone had this and what repair ideas would anyone have?

i hate it when its raining, makes my left foot slip off the clutch all the time

Post subject: Re: tickford kit
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

61xkwagon wrote:
OK guys i have been thinking for a while and was wondering about replacing some broken bolts on a tickford front skirt on an ef, as they have snapped off .has anyone had this and what repair ideas would anyone have?

I have the same issue with the EF front skirt. No more bolts left and being lazy, I have had a lot of time to sit and think about it rather than going out and doing it. So the following suggestions are just theories.

You can either leave them the way they are and just use self tapping screws, long enough to have good penetration...but obviously short enough not to screw through it (that sounded some what dirty) or drill out the old bolts and gluing new bolts into place with epoxy resin...with this method, there is no guarantee the glue will hold the bolt firmly and anchor it is in place...but having worked with fibreglass I'm pretty sure it will do the trick well.

Now I'm not 100% sure how the original bolts were actually put in...if they were either put in during moulding or there if there was a nut in the mould which a bolt can be threaded into. If it's the former, then drilling it out would be your best option (unless you want to cut it out and fill the cut out with fibreglass/resin) and putting in a new bolt...however if it's the latter, I'd say you might be able to "ezy-out" the old rusted bolts. I'm sure someone will chime in to clarify this :)

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef falon + xk falcon

QLD, Australia

Cheers I'm looking at buying a skirt that has some snapped bolts and I didn't want to go all bull at a gate on it and get my a*** in the s**t lol

i hate it when its raining, makes my left foot slip off the clutch all the time

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

does anyone know were i can get the towbar cover for the rear of an EF kit (not the bumper) thanks

EF XR6, Red in colour, T5 with short shift, tired LSD, Pioneer head unit, 2.5 exhaust with staino pacemakers, 68mm TB, dumped on ultras, sitting on FTR's with EL bodykits

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]