Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: TS50 kit for series 1 AU's
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

WA, Australia

Hi guys

I've recently bought myself a series 1 AU fairmont and was hoping at some stage to get a TS50 bodykit put on. But I hear these can only be done for the series 2 and 3, is this true?

Cheers

Jo

Post subject: Re: TS50 kit for series 1 AU's
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

98fairmont wrote:
Hi guys

I've recently bought myself a series 1 AU fairmont and was hoping at some stage to get a TS50 bodykit put on. But I hear these can only be done for the series 2 and 3, is this true?

Cheers

Jo

According to ssv

Quote:
FRONT BAR
TS50
Product Code: 1273

FRONT BAR TS50 STYLE. DOES NOT FIT SERIES 1 SEDANS OR UTES, FITS ALL SERIES 2 & 3 SEDANS & ALL FAIRMONTS..COMES WITH MESH INSERTS.. DRIVING LIGHTS EXTRA..........FREIGHT & FITTING EXTRA

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Yeah that's where I read it. Does anyone know why? Or anybody else that has done it?

Post subject: Re: TS50 kit for series 1 AU's
Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:19 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

98fairmont wrote:
Hi guys

Cheers

Jo

Series 1 : Forte & Futura
At the bottom of the series 1 bonnet, the Ford blue oval badge is part of the bonnet. Like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 23124&rd=1

Series 2 & 3 the Ford blue oval is in the middle of the grille and the piece of bonnet where the badge is on series 1 is flat on series 2 & 3. As on this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 93881&rd=1

Series 1 : Fairmont
Ford blue oval is in the middle of the grille and bonnet is same as Series 2 & 3 forte & futura.

So as Tomek has posted "Fits series 2 & 3 sedan and ALL FAIRMONTS"

Check out this car for sale on ebay. I assumming that this is the kit that you want to put on your car. This is a series 2 forte which will have the same bonnet as your series 1 fairmont.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 39870&rd=1

Dude....if you do end up doing this, I'll give you a suggestion, get the chrome strip or lip on your bonnet colour coded like the one on ebay otherwise it will look like this.

http://www.aufalcon.com/Normell.htm

It's up to you as it is your car after all. But I think it looks heaps better colour coded.

Hope this helps

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The picture you psted 'big pete' i dont think is a good replica of the TS50 kit.... BTW the grill looks aweful and so does the front bumper, and to me it looks like its a shade lighter to the rest of the car...

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Ta for your help, and I reckon you might be right on the lip issue. Anyways, gonna pay off the rest of the loan before I get stuck into it!

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:38 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

98fairmont wrote:
Ta for your help, and I reckon you might be right on the lip issue. Anyways, gonna pay off the rest of the loan before I get stuck into it!

Welcome.......the other thing to keep in mind is the fact that the after market TS50 kits which are available are a fibreglass kit. If you want something else to look at...check out
www.c2r.com.au
Cheers

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:44 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Tomek wrote:
The picture you psted 'big pete' i dont think is a good replica of the TS50 kit.... BTW the grill looks aweful and so does the front bumper, and to me it looks like its a shade lighter to the rest of the car...

Did you scroll down and look at the other photos. He hasn't put the driving / fog lights in and that makes it look very plain. I bet you that this kit came from SSV.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Check out www.awcinfo.com

Speak to Adam, they are by far cheaper than SSV, and any other bodykit place, and are the beez neez. They know their stuff, and will take care of you, and your parts.

Tell em LG sent ya.

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

About to say the same thing.
I wanna get the TS50 bar for my ute ... but I need to get the high-series bonnet for it to fit ... and I couldn't be bothered to get another bonnet as the current one is fine.

Damn shame that ... unless they can make a TS50 front bar to fit up to a lower-series front ... than I'd get one.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
I wanna get the TS50 bar for my ute ... but I need to get the high-series bonnet for it to fit ... and I couldn't be bothered to get another bonnet as the current one is fine.

Damn shame that ... unless they can make a TS50 front bar to fit up to a lower-series front ... than I'd get one.

maybe you could swap bonnets with someone wanting to put an XR/XR50 front on a series 2?

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

GlennXR6T wrote:
Mechan1k wrote:

maybe you could swap bonnets with someone wanting to put an XR/XR50 front on a series 2?

Might be an idea ... but finding such a person ain't going to be easy ... that's for sure.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:35 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:

Isn't your ute a series 2. Which bonnet has it got. Didn't the ute bonnets change from series 1 to series 2 the same as sedans???

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Big Pete wrote:
Mechan1k wrote:

Isn't your ute a series 2. Which bonnet has it got. Didn't the ute bonnets change from series 1 to series 2 the same as sedans???

all ute bonnets are like series 1. They never changed.

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:50 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

GlennXR6T wrote:
Big Pete wrote:
Mechan1k wrote:

all ute bonnets are like series 1. They never changed.

Thanks GlennXR6T, wasn't aware of that. I'm a sedan man.

As LG suggested check out www.awcinfo.com or www.c2r.com.au as they have series 1 options

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next