Fordmods Logo

Waterless Car wash 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Waterless Car wash
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I have been looking at using this stuff www.driwash.com.au/brett as i was recommened by a couple of ppl to try it out. Has anyone on here used this stuff and is it a great as they make out to be. All i want is a polish that will not show up in the fin scratches and is easy to use. But by the looks this stuff can be used as a car wash and a polish in one easy step.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

looks different....Maybe we get someone with a Boxcar to try it out, that way we dont have to risk our paint work on the decent cars.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: 2003 BA XR6 TURBO!!!!!

VIC, Australia

stomper wrote:
looks different....Maybe we get someone with a Boxcar to try it out, that way we dont have to risk our paint work on the decent cars.

bahahahahaha.
cruel....

yeah, ive seen it around at a few stanga shows.
i would be worried about it scratching...

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

No use it at my local detailers sometimes. It does work, looks awesome. If anyone wants to try some let me know and I will organise it for you.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

wow thats heaps kool be interesting to see if it works as good as they reckon...anyone keen to get some :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Guys I got soem driwash and used it the other afternoon and it works a treat. No need to wash before hand and the car was dirty as hell and not a scratch appeared in the paint. I might look at becoming a distributor for the product.

Check out the finished on this shot it is the only shot I got.

Tell what you all think now.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

looks hot dude .... be keen to hear what "Aurora 98" has to say bout it ... dude really knows his car care s**t

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Monty wrote:
Guys I got soem driwash and used it the other afternoon and it works a treat. No need to wash before hand and the car was dirty as hell and not a scratch appeared in the paint. I might look at becoming a distributor for the product.

Mate that does look great! Was it a lot of work to get it looking like that? or is this drywash stuff a breeze to use??

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

madmax wrote:
Monty wrote:

Mate that does look great! Was it a lot of work to get it looking like that? or is this drywash stuff a breeze to use??

It was a breeze it onlt took me 45mins to do the whole outside of the car.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Where did you buy it? and how much was it?

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I got it from a Local Guy in Bundaberg and he sold me a 250ml Kit which included a Terry Colth and a Micro Fibre cloth and applicator bottle for $55 also if I wanted a refill bottle of 500ml it is $69.95. He said that a 250ml bottle should do the vehicle 4 times and the 500ml should go 8 times. He also said that the protecion should last up to 6 months and all I need do do now is wipe that car down with damp lambs wool sponge.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:51 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Yeah, easy s**t to use. THtas the prices my guy quoted me. f**k awesome stuff, used to keep the cars on Fast and FUrious clean.

Post subject: thanks
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 AU1 Tickford XR6 VCT - galaxy

SA, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
looks hot dude .... be keen to hear what "Aurora 98" has to say bout it ... dude really knows his car care s**t

Thanks for that mate

I checked the product website on the weekend while at naracoorte and many of the things stated about wax, teflon etc are quite accurate and I was impressed by that

Though stating that people use up to 250 litres of water to wash a car is BS

I used to use around 50 max, general public may use 100 or less
The price of the product however really puts me off. The technology for markless no water washing is not at it's best yet but no doubt that you can use no wet, dri wash n guard and kleen dri shine and save water with absolutely minimal marring of paint

However here is what I recommend for those using dri wash n guard

Use it once and then do a traditional wash at home or go to a self serve car wash (preferably a pro wash place with warm water) and do a warm/hot shampoo and water rinse and finish off with a high pressure rinse and dry with your choice of towels

Then go back to the dri wash
This way you won't be buying another large bottle for about four months

From what I read on their site, the dri wash product would be better than no wet as it apparently contains polymer sealant, whereas no wet's is a wax and I dislike waxes now days

Wax doesn't become part of the paint, it just sits on top and would be removed by the next no wet wash as it contains an ultra fine polish

Basically, try it once your paint has been polished or polished and sealed or waxed

If after using any of these no water products, the paint doesn't still feel silky smooth or if the paint does not look it's best, go back to water washing

That is how I test shampoo's & waterless washes

My paint must stay slick or smooth, not lose it's lustre after using them and product be capable of removing some nasty grime without marring

June 9 - Sept 3 - in boise idaho USA
Sept 5 - ressurecting the AU XR Falcon and back in the car scene

Post subject: Re: thanks
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:00 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Aurora 98 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

Thanks for that mate

I checked the product website on the weekend while at naracoorte and many of the things stated about wax, teflon etc are quite accurate and I was impressed by that

Though stating that people use up to 250 litres of water to wash a car is BS

I used to use around 50 max, general public may use 100 or less
The price of the product however really puts me off. The technology for markless no water washing is not at it's best yet but no doubt that you can use no wet, dri wash n guard and kleen dri shine and save water with absolutely minimal marring of paint

However here is what I recommend for those using dri wash n guard

Use it once and then do a traditional wash at home or go to a self serve car wash (preferably a pro wash place with warm water) and do a warm/hot shampoo and water rinse and finish off with a high pressure rinse and dry with your choice of towels

Then go back to the dri wash
This way you won't be buying another large bottle for about four months

From what I read on their site, the dri wash product would be better than no wet as it apparently contains polymer sealant, whereas no wet's is a wax and I dislike waxes now days

Wax doesn't become part of the paint, it just sits on top and would be removed by the next no wet wash as it contains an ultra fine polish

Basically, try it once your paint has been polished or polished and sealed or waxed

If after using any of these no water products, the paint doesn't still feel silky smooth or if the paint does not look it's best, go back to water washing

That is how I test shampoo's & waterless washes

My paint must stay slick or smooth, not lose it's lustre after using them and product be capable of removing some nasty grime without marring

Well said as That is what I will do but the pait is silky smoth after using the dri wash. I fell better when I was the car first before a treatment but I also wash more then doing the treatment as this saves me money and it stil shines and is protected for up to six months.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next