Fordmods Logo

XT BA Bodykit 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: XT BA Bodykit
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Guys...Need some advice

I want to install an XR body kit to my XT Classic. From what i've heard the XR kit is unavailable in Sydney unless I want to pay upwards of $700 for new headlights. However I can get a GT/TYphoon kit from AWC in Taren Point NSW for $2,800 which suits the XT headlights, and from pics of seem looks great. Questions I have are as follows

1. No matter whether I go an XR or GT/Typhoon kit, will front ground clearance be a problem at the front end with speedhumps , low driveways etc ?....The XT is bad enough having hit the ground twice on low driveways.

Would be esepcially bad if down the track i want to lower the vehicle

2. Has anyone else done this work and what is their opinion?...any regrets?

3. I have the Classic 16" alloys with 95% rubber. Will the car look stipud with these wheels with a sports kit? I want to replace them eventually (probably with the Ford standard XR8 18 x 8

4. Will I have any warranty issues (the car has 6 months new car warranty left) and will what i'm proposing be detrimental to resale value?

Any help would be welcomed.

Cheers
Peter

Attachments:
ford site2.JPG
ford site2.JPG [ 117.48 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]

BA Mk2 GT 6 Speed Manual - Silhouette

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

shouldnt be any warranty issuse as when i worked for ford we had a mock xr6 that was really an xt and it still got its warranty.

yes as with any kit, lowering ect you will have problems but ya work out ways round them.

as for the kit itself i have seen pics but not personally seen one myself but have you tried wreckers for the lights as xt lights to me just dont cut it with a kit like that

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: G6E Turbo

SA, Australia

Check out in the members gallery what I have done with my XT.

AG3NT - 2008 FG G6E Turbo / SS Growler Kit / 19 Inch Dark Argent Wheels / ASL RGB System / FPV Cluster / 60lb Injectors / F6 Piping & Intercooler / KPM 15PSI Tune
JON211 - 2006 BF Fairlane Ghia / SS Induction / 18 Inch FG G6ET Wheels / ASL RGB System / Twin Rear Headrest LCD DVD Players

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

jlgw70 wrote:
Check out in the members gallery what I have done with my XT.

mate that car is freaking impresssive...Must owe you some bucks !

So how did you do your XR conversion?

Pete

Attachments:
ford site2.JPG
ford site2.JPG [ 117.48 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

horis wrote:
as for the kit itself i have seen pics but not personally seen one myself but have you tried wreckers for the lights as xt lights to me just dont cut it with a kit like that

I tend to agree and probably why there as rare as hens teeth

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

from what i can tell with an xr parked next to a futura there is not difference in the size of the bumpers its the suspensions on the xrs, but i could b wrong, with our xr we just go slow up the speed humps in some cases go up diagonal on the right and turn and come down them diagonal on the left, also this is off topic but jlgw70 with your bonnet protector how easy are they to get on and off, our xr goes down the country alot and a truck kicked up a big rock and smashed on the bonet where the protectors sit and dad wont put a protector on cos they look like s**t, so if they go on and off he might consider thanx

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Got most parts from Darren at FTG.
Everything both inside and out is original except for the bonnet and side skirts. Ebay was also a major source. Spent a lot of time on it myself (interior) and a mate of mine who owns a crash repairer helped out with the exterior.

gli - bonnet protector is held on with 2 screws and two clips - easy to take off. I do not use my bonnet or XR hedlight protectors anymore due to the bonnet being fibreglass.

AG3NT - 2008 FG G6E Turbo / SS Growler Kit / 19 Inch Dark Argent Wheels / ASL RGB System / FPV Cluster / 60lb Injectors / F6 Piping & Intercooler / KPM 15PSI Tune
JON211 - 2006 BF Fairlane Ghia / SS Induction / 18 Inch FG G6ET Wheels / ASL RGB System / Twin Rear Headrest LCD DVD Players

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

ok just found some pics on carsales on one of my random dream trips lol :lol:

Attachments:
Copy of 2159406.jpg
Copy of 2159406.jpg [ 43.59 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]
Copy of 2159398.jpg
Copy of 2159398.jpg [ 41.64 KiB | Viewed 134 times ]

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:00 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

horis wrote:
ok just found some pics on carsales on one of my random dream trips lol :lol:

There nice pics Horis...Gives me some idea of what it'll look like...I've decided to go for the XR lights , otherwise I may live to regret it.

Cheers
Pete

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Hey mate. Keep away from AWC/fibresports. Their prices are ok but the quality is s**t. I bought a bodykit for my AU through them and had lots of quality issues with it not fitting, and cracking etc.. and they didn't care. They're a bunch of useless pricks man... i wouldn't ever reccomend anyone to them.

Hunt around for genuine plastic XR stuff. You know it'll fit 100%, its more resistant to damage being plastic, and if you can't afford/don't want the XR lights, get the indents in the bumper filled. It wouldn't cost much and it'd look just as nice because the XR lights aren't that much different to the XT lights.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

GT/Phoon kit is 10mm lower than the xr and i would have thought the xr was a lil lower than the xt. Ground clearence was the main issue in me not fitting my kit, after getting it lowered i scrap all the time so with a fibreglass pursuit kit it would be pointless, and a waste of money.

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

GlennBA wrote:
Hey mate. Keep away from AWC/fibresports. Their prices are ok but the quality is s**t. I bought a bodykit for my AU through them and had lots of quality issues with it not fitting, and cracking etc.. and they didn't care. They're a bunch of useless pricks man... i wouldn't ever reccomend anyone to them.

Hunt around for genuine plastic XR stuff. You know it'll fit 100%, its more resistant to damage being plastic, and if you can't afford/don't want the XR lights, get the indents in the bumper filled. It wouldn't cost much and it'd look just as nice because the XR lights aren't that much different to the XT lights.

Thanks for that advice as I'm a fussy bloke and want this job done very , very professioanally....Has anybody heard of Carmate at Villawood NSW. They also supply and fit bodykits. What about Sydney Special Vehicles at Ryde NSW?...although SSV 's quote was great it could cost around $300 to get my mirror housings and body moulds colour coded. Costly when I haerd someone on here got it done for around 80 smackers.
CHeers

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

fibresports/awc actually supply SSV with their ford kits. Not sure about carmate though.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

[quote="Hunt around for genuine plastic XR stuff. You know it'll fit 100%, its more resistant to damage being plastic[/quote]

So where do you get the plastic stuff from..a Ford dealer?

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Got my plastics from Ebay for a 1/4 of the price from Ford.
I strongly agree - do not get fibre - go for plastics where possible.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next