Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Benny D wrote:
he probly doesnt hav a licnece either.
and decided to drive it after a few VBs :lol: :lol:

hello mr kain0 version2 :roll: :roll: :lol:

He's 17 and from Vic, no licence, learners at best. IMHO the OP needs to be walking for ablong time. Take this as a lesson, don't drive unregistered, uninsured or unlicensed. Semi expensive lesson, but it is one you need to make. Obviously.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Post subject: Re: Crashed Ef Fairmont
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

all comments about your chosen driving style aside, you bought the car for 1200, its gonna cost you more then that to fix it, and as said already on this thread, it will never be the same. buy a new one, this time if you have the urge to waste your tyres on burn outs pick a suitable spot that's safer. like a skid pan at a track.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:21 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1996 EF II FAIRMONT

VIC, Australia

yes i am 17 i was driving the car on an unreg vehicle permit with a fully licensed driver sitting next to me, and yes i was driving like an idiot on a small road, but the thing is i have now learnt my lesson on how easy it is to crash. ad least i have learnt my lesson while i'm young and on my l's not when i would be by myself on my p's because i probably would had been going faster.........and ad least this lesson was in a cheap car. but the thing i really want is to get some advice from some older guys who have been through all this stuff before. does the car look repairable or would i make more money selling it it?
as this is only my second car and my first ford i really want to keep it and i do have a fair bit of time to repair it.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

1, Crash s**t Fairmont
2. Winge about crash on net
3. ????
4. Profit!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
1, Crash s**t Fairmont
2. Winge about crash on net
3. ????
4. Profit!!!

i thought the underpants gnomes only had a 3 step plan. :lol: :lol:

as for goin to a skid pan or track day to hav som fun.. thers ezyer, cheaper ways.
just go out te back of no were so thers no curbs/trees and nobody around and hav a bit of fun. just dont go to far.

anyway he asked if its worthwhile or how to repair it. so far would be ezyer and cheaper to buy another car.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

personally i would buy a new car and learn from the experience swap around bits from both cars so you get the best gear possible and then sell the rest of it then get the scrappies to come get the shell

but your not that bad mate atleast the car got there with all wheels attached ive had old school mates roll there cars and one even managed to rip his rear wheels off by hitting them really hard going around a round a bout then hit a plot(bastard never could drive for s**t and it was a smokey piece of s**t not worth anything anyway and how he got it to go fast enough to do that has me stumped)

Benny D wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
as for goin to a skid pan or track day to hav som fun.. thers ezyer, cheaper ways.
just go out te back of no were so thers no curbs/trees and nobody around and hav a bit of fun. just dont go to far..

not always true

me and a mate were bored and had gone out to back back street were very few people even tread and asphalt only just exists and we were just going around just being stupid no houses for miles no trees no nothing then we were just going up to a corner and out of no were a red HSV candy car just popped around the corner all of a sudden we were scrambling to turn the audio systems down and everything then just calmly drove off then once we were out of his site we started going down streets and stuff to make sure we didn't see him again as he would of heard us around the corner

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Just buy another one . Their cheap as chips.
Wreck out the fairmont or transfer parts to a new car if it's a ef/el gli/ futura

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:59 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i have started drilling out all the spotwelds s**t theres a lot of them. but i have found another ef mont on ebay for $200 that has rear end damage so i'm just thinking about buying that and welding the new part of the frame in. the only thing is that the car on ebay is silver and probly would look stupid on a polynesian green mont. what do you guys think??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Fairmon ... 500wt_1076

here is my crashed mont:
http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab28 ... 0Fairmont/

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

looks alrite aye. just give it a quk lick of paint. keep the 3 good tyres and sell off the other bits.
you will probly make a quick buck

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

atomichurley wrote:
i have started drilling out all the spotwelds s**t theres a lot of them. but i have found another ef mont on ebay for $200 that has rear end damage so i'm just thinking about buying that and welding the new part of the frame in. the only thing is that the car on ebay is silver and probly would look stupid on a polynesian green mont. what do you guys think??

So you're going to go through the trouble of drilling and welding a new radiator panel on, but you're not going to paint it?

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

if you got that fairmont cheap enough you would easily make some good coin parting it out, seats, trip computer power windows etc..

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL II Fairmont Ghia I6

QLD, Australia

I agree

[Ford EL Fairmont Ghia - | 2.5 inch Redback With Resonator | Pacemaker 4480 | Cold Air Induction With K&N Pod Filter | Clarion NX501A 2Din Entertainment System | Custom Cappa Leather Seats with remouldings |

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:03 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Here is an update, i have removed the radiator support by drilling out the spot welds then using a cutting wheel and pry bars ect but the main thing is that its getting there just have a few parts that i have to clean up with the grinder.Image
Now the next part is to remove the lower cross member if you would call it that.Image
i was hoping that i could be it back into shape but it doesnt look like that :( . i was thinking it would be easier to cut the middle section of it out then weld a new middle on to the existing parts? rather than having to drill the spot welds out and remove the whole thing. What do you guys think?Image the chassis rails dont look too bad but the passenger side one looks like it has a bit up a bump in it (shown in the photo) hopefully they wont cause any problems later down the track. Image
the only damage i could find to the pulleys was that the tensioner pulley was snapped off so i unbolted it from the block. Image
The ends on the chassis rails do look pretty straight inline with each other by eye in the pic the camera was on a bit of and angle (just the tabs are abit bent nothing a hammer couldn't fix)

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to see if the engine will start or wait till i have the belt back on? Thanks

also when i crased the car it was on a hill and a rolled down to the bottom (about 100m) and the steering felt fine and there wasnt any noises and from looks the k frame is in good condition so i think this car will be fine after i'm done with it :D its now just a matter of finding a cheap ef to get the parts from

Last edited by atomichurley on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

if you wanted to change anything under that timing cover, now would be the best time lol, plenty of room to work with

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

hahha yeah i was thinking that, but i haven't had any problems and don't really have to cash to change anything atm just wanna get her back on the road asap

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next