Fordmods Logo

EF/EL Ghia Interior into a XR6 

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

hmm its a bit of a pity with the black bits in the EL GT be nicer if the seats were all one colour but cant complain, never sat in one but i woul dbe guessing that they are comfy

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:48 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

i actually put a DF LTD in mine just recently... cappa velour - you'd actually be surprised how well it fits in! :P i chucked in the seats & took the woodgrain & door fabric off, and also with the chrome door handles, it works quite well - it doesn't stick out too much, and as the door trims are still grey & match the dash, it looks pretty cool! hehe i've got pics if anyone is interested! :D

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Yes please pics would be great, can you email them to me?

So out of the leather interiors with the EF/EL etc including LTD and Fairlanes whats the best interior? Which one is better looking and which one is easier to install etc.

Im very curious about this as this is one of the mods i plan on doing within the next 6 months or so :wink:

Cheers guys :P

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
So out of the leather interiors with the EF/EL etc including LTD and Fairlanes whats the best interior? Which one is better looking and which one is easier to install etc.

A.F.A.I.K., EL GT ( i dunno if FTB's are the same or what ever) would be the best! but that's unlikely, so LTD (electric driver seat), and then the Fairlane Ghias.
However, a Fairmont Ghia would be the easiest to install as the back seat brackertss wouldn't need to be changed to fit the LWB seats in a SWB car. They'll all need rear power windows done.
LTD would have to wire up the electric adjusting seat aswell.

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Oh spewin, well it looks like im just gonna stick with a Ghia interior then :P

Any one interested in a XR6 interior? If i happen to find my ghia seats etc. i will be willing to sell the XR stuff, ne takers? :P

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

with the LTD's, i have DF - no electric front seat, and the back seats - all they need are 3 extra holes punched in - a friggen easy job. the bolsters are also diff, but you just wrap the LTD fabric around the stock EF one, and it fits without a worry. but yes, you will have an issue with electrics in the back - which is going to be an issue with the Ghia interior anyways. as for the DL(?) LTD interiors, that might be the one with electric front seats...

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

uglybob wrote:
with the LTD's, i have DF - no electric front seat, and the back seats - all they need are 3 extra holes punched in - a friggen easy job. the bolsters are also diff, but you just wrap the LTD fabric around the stock EF one, and it fits without a worry. but yes, you will have an issue with electrics in the back - which is going to be an issue with the Ghia interior anyways. as for the DL(?) LTD interiors, that might be the one with electric front seats...

Yeah but as you said i can just change over the fabric ne way, that will save me from changing over the door trims. But yeah my main concern is colour matching, i dont want to do it if my whole interior is gonna look out of place.

So thats why im after the grey interior. :wink:

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

yeah fair enough - i'll throw some pics over to you when i get home of mine - but if any perth members on here can comment on what they reckon of my interior? Ugly Igley? SVO? Disco? they have all seen it - so maybe ask from them?

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yep no worries, cheers dude :P

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:41 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

I've got DL LTD seats in my EL Ghia...yes it's cappucino :D

Both the fronts are 11 way electrics - they are quite comfortable...more comfortable than the original EL Ghia seats IMO...can't pinpoint why exactly, but there is a difference.

I'm with ARM79 on this...when I get some cash together, I hope to take a visit to Auto-Image in Thomastown to organise some more bolstering by either supplying an EL XR (GT/FBT would be better!) cushions and getting them re-covered (in my case, a cross between my DL covers and FBT two-tone covers).

XRFan - If I were in your shoes mate, I'd be keeping your XR interior as you already have the good bolstering...and getting it recovered in leather - the stock leather in EF/EL Ghias are not as nice as everyone makes them out to be !

My 2c,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

How much does it cost to get them redone with leather then? Would it be cheaper? It would be less of a hassle i know, but is it a cheaper option in the long run? :wink:

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
How much does it cost to get them redone with leather then? Would it be cheaper? It would be less of a hassle i know, but is it a cheaper option in the long run? :wink:

proabably look at 2 grand for the front and back seats, and the strips on the door trims... would also depend on weather you remove the seats yourself and what type of leather you choose.
i based this on prices i';ve seen paid for house chairs and couchs to be recovered.
by the way, you'll probably find it cheaper to remove them yourself and take them to be done at a fabric place that does house furntiture and that. rather than a place that does car interiors - or at least that's the way it is here in Hobart. the one place that does car interiors is an absolute rip off!

Last edited by twr7cx on Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
I've got DL LTD seats in my EL Ghia...yes it's cappucino :D

Both the fronts are 11 way electrics - they are quite comfortable...more comfortable than the original EL Ghia seats IMO...can't pinpoint why exactly, but there is a difference.

I'm with ARM79 on this...when I get some cash together, I hope to take a visit to Auto-Image in Thomastown to organise some more bolstering by either supplying an EL XR (GT/FBT would be better!) cushions and getting them re-covered (in my case, a cross between my DL covers and FBT two-tone covers).

XRFan - If I were in your shoes mate, I'd be keeping your XR interior as you already have the good bolstering...and getting it recovered in leather - the stock leather in EF/EL Ghias are not as nice as everyone makes them out to be !

My 2c,
Steve

Could not agree with steve more so, he is on the ball there!

Also i have noticed a difference from normal seats to my nf ghia ones, they were the most cumfy seats ever, altho fbt has heaps better holding capabilities plus shoulder padding if ya know what i mean, also the seat raises your knees naturally without having to tilt the seat.. :)

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:

be alittle more expensive but it would be worth it and then u dont have to put up with cappuccino :?

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Quote:
proabably look at 2 grand for the front and back seats, and the strips on the door trims... would also depend on weather you remove the seats yourself and what type of leather you choose.

:shock: Geez i hope it wouldnt cost that much!!! Stuff that, hmm i dont know what would be the best option now lol. I think i might just stick with plain old XR seats for now :roll:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next