EF Fairmont Ghia Seats Into ED Falcon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EF Fairmont Ghia Seats Into ED Falcon
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Fairmont GHIA 1994

NSW, Australia

Hey Guys,

Its prob. already been asked and answered but i couldnt find a straight response. Some say you have to modify the back seats others say you dont.

So lets clear it up. I want to put my EF Fairmont Ghia donor car seats (Front and Rear) into my ED Falcon. Iam using the entire interior from the EF into the ED - is it a simple unbolt move and rebolt?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nath

1994 ED Fairmont Ghia
2006 BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Post subject: Re: EF Fairmont Ghia Seats Into ED Falcon
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

VIC, Australia

Im pretty sure u'll have to modify the rails for the front. And im not sure about the rears. Would be a good idea to check out BenJ's build thread.

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

A search would answer these questions mate, there really should be a complete overhaul on this site in regards to commonly asked questions so it is more accessible for everyone. Not a dig directed at you mate :)

I've got EF Fairmont and EF Ghia seats in my ED wagon. There is a a quick way which is simply bolt in the front seats and then modify the inner rear seat peg on the fronts by using a longer bolt and a length of pipe or similar. The other alternative and what I did was weld in a EF/EL floor section so that the seats bolt in as per factory. A bit of overkill but it's bullet proof in an accident.

Before I did the floor bit, I actually cut the inner rear leg off my ED seats and welded them onto the EF seats so that they wouldn't flex in an accident compared with the tube and longer bolt method.

As for the rears, if the seats come out of a SWB, then it is a simple swap.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Barnacus, thats the first time I have seen that described clearly and in detail. Good s**t.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

banarcus wrote:
A search would answer these questions mate, there really should be a complete overhaul on this site in regards to commonly asked questions so it is more accessible for everyone. Not a dig directed at you mate :)

I've got EF Fairmont and EF Ghia seats in my ED wagon. There is a a quick way which is simply bolt in the front seats and then modify the inner rear seat peg on the fronts by using a longer bolt and a length of pipe or similar. The other alternative and what I did was weld in a EF/EL floor section so that the seats bolt in as per factory. A bit of overkill but it's bullet proof in an accident.

Before I did the floor bit, I actually cut the inner rear leg off my ED seats and welded them onto the EF seats so that they wouldn't flex in an accident compared with the tube and longer bolt method.

hey mate can you provide more detail regarding the cut n shut job you did on the rear peg?

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Fairmont GHIA 1994

NSW, Australia

banarcus wrote:

Your right that there should be a mod section where the most common mods are placed...in detail and are accurate lol as SLO247 mentioned that is the best detailed i could find but i will check out Benj's build.

I have the full ED Fairmont Ghia interior and the Full EF Fairmont Ghia just thought the seats in the EF look more fancy and comfortable while the ED look more sporty? Might have to stick with the ED though.

Thanks guys.

Nath

1994 ED Fairmont Ghia
2006 BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

If you have the Recaro style leather/cloth front seats, they are considered by many to be the best E series seats available. They are supportive and comfortable and are quite desirable.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB S XR6

VIC, Australia

ok so im having similar problems, my cars also an ED, and i got a free set of ef fairmont front seats and rears, the rears went in easy as and look great, as for the fronts, i had a fiddle tonight and with a light bit of flexing of the original ef mounts i got the 2 front mounts to line up! but the rear outter side missed out by a cm, and the inner side was way to high, so with the bit of pipe and longer bolt method mentioned, is it easy to find a suiting bolt at say bunnings or mitre 10? and by pipe id asume you would use something quite thick and strong and cut it to length?

any feedback would be awsome,
cheers, Rob.

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

misk_one wrote:
banarcus wrote:

hey mate can you provide more detail regarding the cut n shut job you did on the rear peg?

Here is the cut n shut on the rear leg. ED leg welded onto the rear inner EF mount:

This what I did later on, future proof my options incase I want front leather seats or similar:

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
If you have the Recaro style leather/cloth front seats, they are considered by many to be the best E series seats available. They are supportive and comfortable and are quite desirable.

Cheers
BenJ

Agreed.
I put ED Ghia seats in my wifes EL.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
BenJ wrote:

Cheers
BenJ

Agreed.
I put ED Ghia seats in my wifes EL.

any piks of the ed seats in the el? id imagine these to look a little 'skinny' in the fuller el interior... interested to see though! sorry a bit off topic.

i once put EF XR6 seats in my EB Gli, i did the longer bolt thing, i took the original bolt to Mr Bolt and got the exact same thread in the desired length, and used some steel piping cut to length, it worked well. The rest of the interior is straight swap over.

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You get serious a*** sinkage with the wire supported foam base in the EA-ED Ghia seats. The EF-ELs had a proper base plate to support the foam base which is much firmer. I guess it's personal preference but I had the choice of both and picked the ones I have now.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
any piks of the ed seats in the el? id imagine these to look a little 'skinny' in the fuller el interior... interested to see though! sorry a bit off topic.

These are from my old EB Sedan, and I used the light grey Leather/cloth seats.

And these are from my current EB1 Ghia wagon which had the darker grey leather/cloth seats.

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

I take back what I said. Those seats look seriously good with an ef/l interior.

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB S XR6

VIC, Australia

them seats do look really good in an el/ef, the wraped leather matches well with the centre console too, looks like its ment to be.

i have sucessfully fitted all my ef fairmont seats into my ed, without too much modifications at all.
just lightly flexed the front mounts about 1cm inwards on both sides till they lined up, the outer rear bolt holes lined them selves up, and the inner rear i did what was mentioned up above, bought some thick metal bars, and 150mm long HT bolts, quite an easy mod, and oh the ef fairmont seats are so much better than the original ED gli seats! more ajustments, much nicer for the ammount of driving i do every day

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next