electric window switch 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
There is a thermal fuse in the fuse panel (a big grey bastard from what i can remember). This is put in as a safty aspect to stop the window motors from burning out.

I just pulled the window switches out the other day and cleaned them all out. My auto down always used to stick but now i have cleaned out all the dust bunnines and COKE (!) i have found that it doesnt stick any more.

Hey Thanx fordman351,
Who knows who spilt what in it before I got it, I was thinking of getting a new Assy for that reason and all the U and D's have just about rubbed off.
But now I'll give 'em a good clean and at the same time see if I can't fix up the missing U and D's.. :roll: Any Ideas on that?

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

When ya pull the whole switch board out take the rocker (the actual switch itself) out and give it a good clean underneath and put a dab of electrical grease on metal contacts and on the black spring loaded lugs on the rocker. Also make sure you give the arm that is in contact with the auto down solenoid a good clean, as anything on this arm will make the drivers window switch stick in the down position.

As for the 'U' and 'D' letters wearing off maybe get a metal stamp and stamp the letters in the buttons or get them engraved proffessionally. You would have to use the windows a bloody lot before those letters wore out lol! :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2