Fordmods Logo

FG 6 speed shift quadrant on BA BF 4 Speed? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: FG 6 speed shift quadrant on BA BF 4 Speed?
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford BA FUTURA 2002Ded Gas Wagon

VIC, Australia

I know this topic has been covered before, as far as modifying the plate to suit but I saw the other day a Dedicated Gas FG sedan, (Which because FORD are LAZY ASSES :) , still used the original BA 153Kw Gas motor and the 4 Speed transmission. :roll: ) with the 6 speed style Quadrant fitted to it. Given that the 6 speed Quadrant was fitted to BA BF and FG could the FG Dedicated Gas Quadrant be a direct swap as the 4 speed is the same? Any linkage mods would have already been done by the Factory to suit the box so if you could find a wreck or probably order the parts from ford and bolt them on with little messing around, and have a coller looking shifter in the process. :wink:

So the question is does anybody know?

I'm constantly surrounded by IDIOTS!!
Guns and Rockets mounted on cars? Vote NOW on Licence reforms.

Post subject: Re: FG 6 speed shift quadrant on BA BF 4 Speed?
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Jeremy BA wrote:
I know this topic has been covered before, as far as modifying the plate to suit but I saw the other day a Dedicated Gas FG sedan, (Which because FORD are LAZY ASSES :) , still used the original BA 153Kw Gas motor and the 4 Speed transmission. :roll: ) with the 6 speed style Quadrant fitted to it. Given that the 6 speed Quadrant was fitted to BA BF and FG could the FG Dedicated Gas Quadrant be a direct swap as the 4 speed is the same? Any linkage mods would have already been done by the Factory to suit the box so if you could find a wreck or probably order the parts from ford and bolt them on with little messing around, and have a coller looking shifter in the process. :wink:

So the question is does anybody know?

I would say that yes you can as the console is the same and the shift unit fits the floor the same.
You will need a new shift unit which comes complete with Gear Knob, part number BAF 7400 A1 $460.00, you will also need a new cable BAF 7E395 A $117.00, New cable bracket BAF 7989 C $16.00, Shift Lever SY 7302 C $19.00.
Of course you could go to a wrecker and see if they will sell you all this?

Post subject: Re: FG 6 speed shift quadrant on BA BF 4 Speed?
Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford BA FUTURA 2002Ded Gas Wagon

VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf you're a CHAMPION 8-) Pricy $$ parts from Ford, but the part numbers will help a lot. I think I'll be looking at the wreckers first though. You're a Gentleman and a Scolar, thanks again. :D

I'm constantly surrounded by IDIOTS!!
Guns and Rockets mounted on cars? Vote NOW on Licence reforms.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]