Fordmods Logo

Manual Gear Boot on auto 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

my shifter boots is attached even got the manual gear nob on mine.

i mean wtf fellas its looks crap gives you loose the auto surround, would look 10 times better to put an el ghia woodgrain on on, even for what you paid for the boot an auto upholstery place could prob make you up a bit of rag, leather whatever to fit the little hole like the commies and new 6 speed falcons

Attachments:
fm1.JPG
fm1.JPG [ 112.35 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
downingj wrote:
It doesn't look that great, plus why do it?

You're very negative about a lot of things here :P. I did it because its DIFFERENT and my old auto surround used to rattle and annoy the s**t out of me.

Plus its another suggestion for other people who may like what me and chong bonger have done to our own cars. Its all about the modifying....

Nah, I'm not really negative. I'm quite a happy person :) . I just like to voice my opinion. Plus, you asked if it looked normal. I don't think it does. As you said, each to their own. Too easy :)

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
fordman351 wrote:
downingj wrote:

You're very negative about a lot of things here :P. I did it because its DIFFERENT and my old auto surround used to rattle and annoy the s**t out of me.

Plus its another suggestion for other people who may like what me and chong bonger have done to our own cars. Its all about the modifying....

Nah, I'm not really negative. I'm quite a happy person :) . I just like to voice my opinion. Plus, you asked if it looked normal. I don't think it does. As you said, each to their own. Too easy :)

thats the whole point of modifying a car... its NOT normal !!!!

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

Owning Both manual and aut cars I think modding is great BUT go the right way and set up a display for the gear selection as it is ILLEGAL not to have one and nobody wants a PICKY cop or Transport inspector looking at the rest of your car ( in case there is anything slightly not Kosher). The economy switch can be moved up to the dash with the heated rear window switch. :D

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: In Transition

NSW, Australia

I took a photo out of our BF LTD of how the 6 speed auto shifter looks like for those who where interested

Member Since FM 1

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Shum's EL wrote:
downingj wrote:
fordman351 wrote:
downingj wrote:

???

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Quote:

once a great deal of people engage in an activity... i would consider it normal... alot of people modify cars...so it is normal :lol:

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
Heres mine again (and just you remember i was the first to do this lol). Oh and i put in a pic of my new steering wheel too, thanks to 'EfFalconsRule' for pointing me in the right direction.

I didn't take any notice of the steering wheel first time I looked at that pic, gotta say, I love it! :)

Did you do it yourself or did someone else. If it was someone else, who was it. I'd love to change mine, don't like the leather rim. Would love a set-up like yours.

Also, to all the people that are having a whinge because some people don't like the auto boot. Get over it! If you like it, that's all that matters. If you don't want to know what other people think of it, don't ask. Too easy :wink:

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:
fordman351 wrote:
Heres mine again (and just you remember i was the first to do this lol). Oh and i put in a pic of my new steering wheel too, thanks to 'EfFalconsRule' for pointing me in the right direction.

I didn't take any notice of the steering wheel first time I looked at that pic, gotta say, I love it! :)

Did you do it yourself or did someone else. If it was someone else, who was it. I'd love to change mine, don't like the leather rim. Would love a set-up like yours.

Also, to all the people that are having a whinge because some people don't like the auto boot. Get over it! If you like it, that's all that matters. If you don't want to know what other people think of it, don't ask. Too easy :wink:

I am pretty sure that the steering wheel is just one of the SVO wheels. There are heaps on ebay at the moment

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

chong_bonger wrote:
where is your power/econ switch??

I need to relocate mine.

Here's an idea for you, how about on the door trim arm rest, just below the door handle. Where a lot of other cars have electric window switches.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon

VIC, Australia

anyone found any aftermarket auto knobs? heaps of manual ones but no auto :(

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3