Fordmods Logo

My Car smells Funny 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: 2004 BA XR8.1970 XW 351 Fairmont

NSW, Australia

NO-ONE is allowed to eat in my car.....full leather interior and food don't mix....lol

Girls Own HOT Cars Too....

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

I got my car off a family and the two parents were heavy smokers. The car smelt like that for a month or two till i nearly got the smell out then it turned to a vomit smell.

I decided that i would replace the GLi seats with fairmont ones. I pulled out the seats and the front were caked in s**t and under the rear there was a layer of sand, $20 note $20 of coins and alots of makkaz chips and s**t like that. Cleaned it right up and sprayed vanilla essense over the carpet and put s deodorizer in and it came up brilliantly.

Later i painted the daah and i cleaned all the air vents out cause there was a layer of crappy cigarette smoke in them.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Febreeze is really good, I use it after having female visitors in the back seat, lol.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 95 EFII Futura Wagon

NSW, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
Febreeze is really good, I use it after having female visitors in the back seat, lol.

Probably good for getting the smell out of your clothes after going fishing then :wink:

"My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Can strongly reccomend febreeze as well. It's really great stuff and works extremely well.

It got the rotten pizza smell out of my car after 6 months of pizza deliveries when nothing else could!

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

falcondave wrote:
I would remove the back seat and check what lies beneath.

I discovered a couple of handfulls of crud under there when I went to replace the centre seat belt, courtesy of the wife letting the kids eat in the back. :shock:

Needless to say I was not amused...(BTW, that's wet upholstery cleaner, on the seats)

Before:

After:

I bought an XF for 500 bucks. We pulled the entire interior out to install the stereo and a Ghia interior. In the process found $72.53 cents. Went and bought a carton of Bundy to celebrate the fact my car didn't really cost 500 bucks.....and still had $22.74 in my pocket!

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:15 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia, XH Outback, EF

WA, Australia

Little bit OT here but one time I was f**k around with the old EA with the electrics and generally cleaning up the inside of the car (when I bought the car it was trashed to the max), was playing with the A/C controls and whatnot and all of a sudden a large mass of smoke came out (previous owner was a smoker)... I thought s**t i've shorted out something, somethings on fire, so it was the quick ignition off look for things on fire then I realised it was stale cigarette smoke... damn, that C*** must have smoked ten packs a day to get that much of the s**t crammed in there, the car stunk like it for weeks, I just left it open the whole time... lol

Then the whole thing just got coated in limestone dust and I sold it.. so meh

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:56 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 11 images

New Zealand

Have you checked for dead or decomposed Rats mate??. I had a Turbo Ute and the rats were in fine form that year and they got into the dash, and they were running over the engine, so I put some Rat Bait out and the wankers died in the air ducts, I got them out but it took ages to get rid of the smell.......And this year is another good year for Rats and I have just noticed Rat s**t on the engine of My Pursuit, So im on the war path again, the bastards did $1600 worth of damage to my wife's XR6 this winter, but the insurance paid for that.............Now that I have got that out of my system, Id still check for something dead, Rats get in anywhere mate. :evil: :evil: :evil:

2007 FPV GT Cobra 302, 6 speed manual, 6 pot Brembo's.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:21 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

I have never tried febreeze, but every time i wash the car i spray the inside with Meguirs odor eliminator (Comes in a yellow bottle)

a mate also used it when his grilfriend spewed in my tent that they borrowed. the smell is gone and the tent smells nice!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2