Fordmods Logo

95 ef wants to stall on gas help???? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: 95 ef wants to stall on gas help????
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:06 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Injected Gas T5 Convert

VIC, Australia

my falcon running duel fuel 5speed tries to stall on gas shortly after start up and then again at lights, but not all the time i have had it back to the installer and to other mech shops with no real answer it dose have a few mods but we are on the path that it may be lacking in vac as it has a stage 2 crow cam its air flow and air/fuel mix is fine new coil leads and plugs even tried a different ecu still to make now difference and at idle you can hear it just don't sound nice not sure if its something anyone else has come across but if so i would like to hear what was done to fix it

Stadic

Post subject: Re: 95 ef wants to stall on gas help????
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

stadic_pacer wrote:
my falcon running duel fuel 5speed tries to stall on gas shortly after start up and then again at lights, but not all the time i have had it back to the installer and to other mech shops with no real answer it dose have a few mods but we are on the path that it may be lacking in vac as it has a stage 2 crow cam its air flow and air/fuel mix is fine new coil leads and plugs even tried a different ecu still to make now difference and at idle you can hear it just don't sound nice not sure if its something anyone else has come across but if so i would like to hear what was done to fix it

Stadic

stage 2 petrol cam,i have the same in my vn,but i had the chip written for both lpg and gas,so it swaps the timing and i use 2 computers-----mines lpg stage 2 cam.may be timing issues----whats it tuned for gas or lpg,which is your most used fuel?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Injected Gas T5 Convert

VIC, Australia

car runs a petrol cam and its got a factory equivalent gas system not sure about computers though its would have something in it for the gas but i have been told it doesn't use the standard ECU when running on gas. how would i get a chip made up for my car like yours? who make them in melb?

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

stadic_pacer wrote:
car runs a petrol cam and its got a factory equivalent gas system not sure about computers though its would have something in it for the gas but i have been told it doesn't use the standard ECU when running on gas. how would i get a chip made up for my car like yours? who make them in melb?

i had crow cams write to the mem cal to suit that cam,petrol and lpg.my motors not stock. have a read in the lpg\petrol forum

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Speak to galapogos01 about the TI Performance J3 chip, should suit perfect

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]