Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 8 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

maxnett wrote:
Old mate Marcus wrote:
garthr wrote:
I was just thinking of a micro-switch or such, mounted on throttle linkage near carby & wired in line with sw on the dash that controls the relay.

Hmmm, thats a good idea Garth, I think I'll put one of those on mine . ( runs off to the shed and rumages through some old milo tins full of lots of useless stuff , unless your an inventer that is. Give's up way to soon after not finding a micro switch and decides to just play on his 360 deg swing for a while http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=82rCAs3drfk hoping to get a brain storm.) ( later on that afternoon ) Hey I just though of something, I'll try it and get back to ya Garth. cya.

Marcus,
Seriously extreme playtoy. Fully shick mate!!!

(Have you thought of adding a bit of weight above the axle to assist with the momentum to keep going around. Adjustable weight (extend vertical height) to counter balance person on the swing. That way you may be able to set the counter balance between heavy and light people and reduce effort required to do 360 degrees. )
sincere regards,

look out everyone! this threads full of thinkers!

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

maxnett wrote:
Old mate Marcus wrote:
garthr wrote:
I was just thinking of a micro-switch or such, mounted on throttle linkage near carby & wired in line with sw on the dash that controls the relay.

Hmmm, thats a good idea Garth, I think I'll put one of those on mine . ( runs off to the shed and rumages through some old milo tins full of lots of useless stuff , unless your an inventer that is. Give's up way to soon after not finding a micro switch and decides to just play on his 360 deg swing for a while http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=82rCAs3drfk hoping to get a brain storm.) ( later on that afternoon ) Hey I just though of something, I'll try it and get back to ya Garth. cya.

Marcus,
Seriously extreme playtoy. Fully shick mate!!!

(Have you thought of adding a bit of weight above the axle to assist with the momentum to keep going around. Adjustable weight (extend vertical height) to counter balance person on the swing. That way you may be able to set the counter balance between heavy and light people and reduce effort required to do 360 degrees. )

sincere regards,
Hmmm, thinking thinking, hmmmm thats is a great idea. I'll try that and Garth I will put a micro switch on it, hehehehehe.

Racing V8 Super Cars at www.austeamracing.com using the rfactor online racing game.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

For the entirety of this testing i have been using bp 91 fuel, but yesterday i was at a different bp site & noticed sticker on the pump saying "up to 10% ethanol added" (and price was no different to normal 91)
My question - can anyone tell me with any authority if this is the case with all bp sites or just some.
BTW - i seriously don't like ethanol unless price was something like 15% cheaper cos that's the sort of mileage u lose.

P.S. Marcus - maybe u should start a swinging thread - probably get plenty of takers.

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Update,

today i got hold of some KOH (potassium hydroxide). And it is good gear!
Only takes small amount to produce plenty of gas.

Problem is i found out the hard way just how potent it is, - cleaned out electrolyser and dosed it with KOH to be running at about 8amps then drove about 45 km, got back and opened bonnet, - cell was running about 20 amps and almost too hot to touch, - will have to build new housing now since it has changed shape a bit too.

Probably need to use sewer quality pvc instead of storm water stuff.

definitely need to relocate amp meter to inside cab also.

here is a pic of the damage.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Garthr

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

no, most bp stuff (shouldn't) have E anything in it. that many two stroke lawn mowers would explode if there was.

that said, up in qld the systems are a little different. as far as i know, all fuel with any E mixes MUST be disclosed on the bowser.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
seeings your getting serious about this, could i recommend a home made dyno / something like that?

get a efi motor from about 94-95 out ouf what ever and hook up a water pump to the back. set the pressure to a constant every time.

see how long the pulse width of the injector is every time. even though this might cost you $1000 bucks to get setup, you eliminate the wind, uphill, down hill, traffic, (temp), etc. you'll see it all in real time and can optimise the system however for highway, acceleration and street.

I would love to build a setup like that, (never thought of using a water pump like that before but it makes sense) but at the moment i am a bit short on resources & time that it would take, maybe i could put it on the 30 year plan.

Garthr

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

garthr wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
seeings your getting serious about this, could i recommend a home made dyno / something like that?

get a efi motor from about 94-95 out ouf what ever and hook up a water pump to the back. set the pressure to a constant every time.

see how long the pulse width of the injector is every time. even though this might cost you $1000 bucks to get setup, you eliminate the wind, uphill, down hill, traffic, (temp), etc. you'll see it all in real time and can optimise the system however for highway, acceleration and street.

I would love to build a setup like that, (never thought of using a water pump like that before but it makes sense) but at the moment i am a bit short on resources & time that it would take, maybe i could put it on the 30 year plan.

yeah, a simple thing like that would be great for little r&d backyard stuff.

a guy, Nankerviss? lives up the road from me. amazing, builds 502 twin turbo blocks all custom for southern 80 boats. he's amazing. 1200hp from these motors and stuff. a lazy 1200.

he decribed a system to me, the motor to a pump, to a butterfly or pinch valve. pressure gauge on the pump side, on the other down stream a bit, a el-cheapo radiator and 12v fan to keep the water from heating too much, but thats not a nessisity

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Has anyone else tried to build a hho generator yet?

Main reason i started this topic was to try & encourage more people to experiment and share successful ideas.

I'm sure it would be possible to improve on the 30% mileage increase that i have achieved, but need to improve on cell design in particular.
e.g. better reliability, dos & don'ts, etc.

Any takers?

Garthr

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:26 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi Guys, yes I have one fitted to my EL and actually works!
I made it from the details at www.water4gas.com
Engine runs much smoother
Get about 50-60 km more per tankfull
Produces more power
Gearchange is much smoother.
all from a drop of distilled water & baking soda.
Recommed to anyone.

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Robertkelley wrote:
Hi Guys, yes I have one fitted to my EL and actually works!
I made it from the details at www.water4gas.com
Engine runs much smoother
Get about 50-60 km more per tankfull
Produces more power
Gearchange is much smoother.
all from a drop of distilled water & baking soda.
Recommed to anyone.
g'day Robert, glad to hear of your success.

have u had it installed for very long?

and do u have many issues with cell maintenance?

can u elaborate at all on what materials u made it from?

Garthr

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Do have a look at the site I mentioned as it will explain all the details and materials needed better than I can explain in a short post like this.
Let me know once you have looked through it and I can then advise on alterations I made.
I have only had running on vehicle for a couple of months and as yet have not experienced any problems.
I looked through many designs before deciding this was the simplest and easyest to make. Cost about $30 to make!!!

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Robertkelley wrote:
Do have a look at the site I mentioned as it will explain all the details and materials needed better than I can explain in a short post like this.
Let me know once you have looked through it and I can then advise on alterations I made.
I have only had running on vehicle for a couple of months and as yet have not experienced any problems.
I looked through many designs before deciding this was the simplest and easyest to make. Cost about $30 to make!!!
Yes, i am familiar with that site, it was probably the main motivation for me to start experimenting originally.
I think early on in this thread i posted a link to their entire manual, if not it is here -
http://www.water4gas.com/members/dwnld/User-Manual.pdf

Garthr

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:19 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

ok, her goes:
Obtained my mason jars from Robins Kitchens-about $8.00
I ordered/imported the plastic caps (I have 2 boxes)
I got an offcut of 5mm perspex - $5.00 enough for 10 cores.
cut slots in the perspex down the sides for wires to locate in.
Used 316L welding wire for electrodes (double). Found this a bit more spingy than would have liked but ok.
Other bits, stainless 10mm nuts & bolts, one way valves, sprinkler system dripper etc., from local shops
Found needed about 70cm of wire as opposed to 30cm as mentioned in site. They must have ment using single strand?
Apart from that, made up pretty much as described.
As you are aware, this is a Hydrogen assist unit, safe, with no Hydrogen storage.
I use half a teespoon of baking soda per litre and is drawing less than 2 amps(have a 5amp fuse fitted). This was a main reason to run with this design (with lightweight wire) as other designs draw much more current as I am sure you have experienced.
As I said before, all is working well and I expect to wash out the jar once a month. have topped up every 2 weeks as is about an inch down.
Have just fitted an EFIE unit to the oxy sensor (ordered for Eagle research) so expect fuel savings to go up a bit more.
Keep in touch.
Rob.

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Robert,
thanks for the replies, - very helpful.

hope it inspires more people to go ahead with this.

Also answers a question that i was wondering about - whether those american EFIE units would be compatible with aus. vehicles.

thanks again.

Garthr

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi Garth, I agree in that I think more people should run with a hydrogen assist unit, not only for the fuel saving (they say about $1000 a year and I would have to say it apears about correct), but also for the far less emissions the exhaust puts out. Must be a good thing.
The EFIE was very easy to fit and adjust. It will work on all vehicles that have normal Oxygen sensors (one for each sensor required). The only type it will not work on are the variable reistance types.
With the good exchange rate we have at the moment, it was less than half price of the ''kit'' you can buy at Jaycar to do the same job.
I can recommend it.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next