Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 10 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Garthr have you installed a efie yet??

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi guys,
A quick update on my ''water4gas'' system.
The month was up so I washed out my ''mason jar'' and as expected, all was still good. A small amount of sludge in the bottom and slight discolouration of the positive anode. All cleaned up as new with a quick clean.
I had already put another tower/cap unit together to swap over while I inspected the old unit. I made this unit with tighter wound anode/cathode wires and single strand. I have also upped the baking soda to see if any different. As yet nothing noticed,all still seems the same. I will be adding the second hose to the inlet once I've determined if the new unit makes any difference. I suspect upping the baking soda will be needed to increase the HHO output to help feed the second pipe.
Fuel consumption has definatly gone up since fitting the EFIE unit. Bit hard to quote as only be on short/local driving but fill up was at 520km when the light came on. The old EL used to only do 420 to this point so I'm getting about 25% improvement.
I would like to put a twin jar system together but there is no room under the bonnet to fit it. Has anyone any idea's on this?

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

maxnett wrote:
garthr wrote:
foggy wrote:
Just another couple of quick questions has it made any difference to the running temperature of the car and any idea how many amps this thing is pulling??

Good luck

something i have noticed about temp, - after cold start in the morning, temp gauge has just started to move by the time i get to turn 2, which is about 1km sooner than before.

So the actual combustion temp probly is a bit hotter.

Garthr,
Have you cracked the plugs out for a look to see how the combustion affects them, if at all? Do you need to adjust your plug type for better reliability?

sincere regards,

No not yet, will try to do it soon. Although i am not expecting any probs as motor is very easy to start, even when cold.

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Robertkelley wrote:
Hi guys,

I would like to put a twin jar system together but there is no room under the bonnet to fit it. Has anyone any idea's on this?

Robert,
I noticed one of the videos on utube with two cells setup, - he had one unit under the bonnet, and another unit in the boot. I think it was on a vw golf in england.

Garthr

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:33 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

garthr wrote:
Robertkelley wrote:
Hi guys,

Robert,
I noticed one of the videos on utube with two cells setup, - he had one unit under the bonnet, and another unit in the boot. I think it was on a vw golf in england.

Gents,
When I finally get off my backside I am going to try using four or five 50mm PVC tubes into one large cell. This is a pie in the sky idea in order to see what effect, if any, it has on production. I'll link each electrode in series as suggested by Garthr to get the 2amps. I am currently looking an electronic circuit books to learn how I may be able to make a simple circuit to switch on and off cells on demand. If I work it out I'll post my design.

sincere regards,

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Masier wrote:
Garthr have you installed a efie yet??

No - the hilux is not efi

But check Robertkelley's posts - He has successfully fitted one to an EL

Garthr

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:16 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Gentleman,
I notice you are starting to talk about multi-cell units and it sounds like you are trying to possibly re-invent the wheel?
I am sure you are aware of the multi-cell arrangements on the water4gas site.
I notice they have already tested multi units and ''do not'' put them all in series but only 2 in series and then connected in three pairs (for 6 units).
Their findings noted 6 volts being the ideal HHO output to current draw required. They also halved the spacings between anode & cathode.
Dropping to 2 volts, would it not require the anode and cathode to be only a couple of mm apart? It doesn't sound like there would be much electrolosis happening with larger gaps?
I dont know of your setups/arrangements but would be interested if there is a site or details to look through.
Rrgards
Robert

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Robertkelley wrote:
Gentleman,
I notice you are starting to talk about multi-cell units and it sounds like you are trying to possibly re-invent the wheel?
I notice they have already tested multi units and ''do not'' put them all in series but only 2 in series and then connected in three pairs (for 6 units).
Their findings noted 6 volts being the ideal HHO output to current draw required. They also halved the spacings between anode & cathode.
Dropping to 2 volts, would it not require the anode and cathode to be only a couple of mm apart? It doesn't sound like there would be much electrolosis happening with larger gaps?
I dont know of your setups/arrangements but would be interested if there is a site or details to look through.
Rrgards
Robert

Yes Robert u do have a point there. - in my experimenting with the W4G style cell, activity drops significantly when at 6V - (had to increase strength of electrolyte to get back to somewhere near normal production) and 3V virtually makes no gas at all.
But it seems to be a whole new ballgame when using plates (like u say very close spacings) & neutral plates form the extra series cells still in same electrolyte.
Don't know how much good it would do to wire too many complete cells in series. (2 would probably be optimum, but i haven't built enough spare units yet to try more than that)

Garthr

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Robertkelley wrote:
Gentleman,
Rrgards
Robert

Yes Robert u do have a point there. - in my experimenting with the W4G style cell, activity drops significantly when at 6V - (had to increase strength of electrolyte to get back to somewhere near normal production) and 3V virtually makes no gas at all.
But it seems to be a whole new ballgame when using plates (like u say very close spacings) & neutral plates form the extra series cells still in same electrolyte.
Don't know how much good it would do to wire too many complete cells in series. (2 would probably be optimum, but i haven't built enough spare units yet to try more than that)

Garthr

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Robertkelley wrote:
Gentleman,
Rrgards
Robert

Robert and Garth,
As I suggested, this is a pie in the sky idea however I shall elaborate on my thoughts and I do value your opinions and experience as you will probably save me much heartache and dollars.

Robert you are correct in your description of the mutli cell configurations on water 4 gas. I do not understand how these are correctly termed multicell as the electrodes are in one solution of electrolyte. (I believe this to be one cell with multiple electrodes).

In my readings and research it seems to me that the circuit described may be losing efficency through too many electrodes increasing resistance (ohms). I believe this is what causes the reduction of the 12V input to reduce it to 6V in the solution. I tend to believe that Amperage (current flow) is what is sought to create the electrolysis. The simple coiled wire achieves effective results.

This is why I intend testing my theory of multiple cells ie. small individual cells each with independent solution. (Like wrapping multiple AA batteries together with tape) As each cell produces HHO the HHO is caught in a shared canister for delivery into the fuel system. (Like having four of Garthr's coffee jars in one big jar where the combined HHO is fed from the large jar to the fuel system). I hope this crude description demonstrates the method in my madness.

I have no idea of whether I am correct in my thoughts and at present I cannot offer any substantial proof to support my theory. I am looking forward to your comments, advice and recommendations.

sincere regards, :D

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hello Maxnett,
Thanks for your thoughts & reply. Glad to hear someone else testing new ideas-good luck with it and keep us posted.
One point in your reply about how each Water4Gas cell is made up:-
Each ''jar'', has only two wires, 1 anode and 1 cathode, wound alternatly down the ''tower''. That is 1 pair of electodes in 1 solution which is 1 cell.
It sounded like (I may have missunderstood your reply ), that you were under the impression there was multi-electrodes in each ''jar''?
The beauty of this system is that while it only has one electrode of each, there is continuous electrolosis happening all the way through the jar as if there were lots of electrodes. Each cell/jar drawing only 2 amps.

Robert.

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Robertkelley wrote:
Hello Maxnett,
Thanks for your thoughts & reply. Glad to hear someone else testing new ideas-good luck with it and keep us posted.
Each ''jar'', has only two wires, 1 anode and 1 cathode, wound alternatly down the ''tower''. That is 1 pair of electodes in 1 solution which is 1 cell.
It sounded like (I may have missunderstood your reply ), that you were under the impression there was multi-electrodes in each ''jar''?
The beauty of this system is that while it only has one electrode of each, there is continuous electrolosis happening all the way through the jar as if there were lots of electrodes. Each cell/jar drawing only 2 amps.

Robert.

Robert
Thanks for the tip. Yes I was confused with the water 4 gas principle as I mistook it for several plate constructed models that I have been looking at where (+++ nnn --- nnn +++) configurations have been labelled multicells although being in the same electrolyte solution. This is the point that I don't completely understand.

I have previously posted a link to you tube where a guy calling himself zero fossil fuels post video of his HHO production research. It is well worth a look as you'll pick up a heap of tips.

sincere regards,

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

maxnett wrote:
Robertkelley wrote:
Hello Maxnett,

Robert.

Robert
Thanks for the tip. Yes I was confused with the water 4 gas principle as I mistook it for several plate constructed models that I have been looking at where (+++ nnn --- nnn +++) configurations have been labelled multicells although being in the same electrolyte solution. This is the point that I don't completely understand.

I have previously posted a link to you tube where a guy calling himself zero fossil fuels post video of his HHO production research. It is well worth a look as you'll pick up a heap of tips.

sincere regards,

Here is another you tube link regarding these devices. Note that on the side there are several other HHO cell construction videos. I hpe they are of interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJBQUM52 ... re=related

sincere regards,

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

These you tube links are excellent. Plate cells developed to run an engine on 100% HHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkHEfjE9l_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJW5s-9Q ... re=related

you can read the comments below the video screen.

sincere regards,

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Bloody hell, more ppl are coming out of the woodwork with there systems.

what instrumentation are you all using?

i assume you are all fairly closely spaced as you are all from GC QLD?

btw, keep up the good work, i admire the commitment here.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next