Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 19 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next

Post subject: HHO in diesel trucks
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: KIA

Oustide Australia

Old mate Marcus wrote:
Hey Garth, nice pix of ya coffee jar, hehehehe. Just wondering if ya can smell the coffee in the exhaust gases? Just kidding, all jokes aside Garth, I think your onto something very very BIG. Looking foward when we can fit one of those badboys onto my excavator and truck. I spend around $2000 a month on diesel and would LOVE to reduce that by 30% if thats possable :shock: . If it is you wont have to buy beer ever again mate believe me, :wink: hahahahaha. cheers Marcus. :D

I saw someplace here on the net where someone took a LARGE dump truck (diesel) and filled the tool box near the gas tank on the drivers side with what appeared to be plexi-glass aquarium size like HHO units. I think it was five of them and I assume they used 24VDC and wired them in series.

They bubbled like CRAZY... But I never saw any stats off of it. Try to good it. I heard that it can be done on diesel, but the prob is... Gasoline has a 8% flammability range, while HHO is about 29%. :( I think a diesel runs WAY too hot... HHO would prob ignite just bouncing off the walls of the engine before it ever got to the piston. But hell, anything is worth a try.

I would test it on an old diesel engine from a junk yard though before I tried it on a 90-200K truck!

==Zow

HHO is the way to go.

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: KIA

Oustide Australia

heydonms wrote:
Conservation of energy says that you can't get more energy out of a system than you put in.

I think the man may be right... Take my wife for example. I put in a 1,000 dollars worth of entertainment into her and probably on get 50% return on my investment.

LOL

And that's on a good day if the humidity is just right and her hair looks perfect. LOL

HHO is the way to go.

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

We burn coal to release the energy stored in it.. ditto with Petrol...

can you say for sure that there is no energy stored in Water? odd since it is the combination of two highly flammable substances that creates it..

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

EFIE modification:
After changing my 3 W4G units for the more powerfull ones, I tweeked the EFIE again to 475millivolts. With this, I noticed a slight hesitation from cold first thing in the morning for the first couple of minutes. After this it was as normal with no further problem.
So, I have fitted a toggle switch so I can start on ''normal'' from the O2 sensor and then switch the EFIE on after the first couple of minutes.
It is now strong all the way and have reset the EFIE again to
500 millivolts (leaner again) with no loss of power or driveability.
Last fill up was 520 kms for 58 litres (the EL was only managing about 420km for the same 58 litres before fitting the HHO), so with this tweek I am hoping for maybe 550-560 kms?
With the latest hike in the petrol price, this HHO is a God send.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Robertkelley,

We need photos, construction details, documents etc etc.. I need an extra 100 + km per tank.. fuel cost is ridiculous now.. :-)

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Picture on my post dated 9th March
Construction details are from ''water4gas'' system.
EFIE from Eagle research (ordered from America)

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

hi guys Ive been playing with hho on my turbo diesel .just thought id post some results from gas test done last nite
this unit is calibated every 3 months speedo 209,900 kl
at idle Co 320ppm
NOX 192ppm
at 3000 rpm
CO 173 ppm
NOX 168 ppm as you can see at idle I have a fuel rich mixture due to the hho system but as rpm the reading decrease , this engine went from a rough idling pig to smooth ,powerful beast over night,Im getting around 13l/100km around town havent done a country run yet.Im running a 1/5 ltr container 2 50mm ss plates drawing 10 amp .my son took his old patrol to TAFE with a similar system teacher there said myth busted , he only 3kw more power but could explain why a 2.8 petorl 1984 had better exhaust readings than the teachers efid car.myth busted my a** , it works!!

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

3kw isn't bad an improvement.. many of the mods we spend considerable time on don't add that much power to an engine...

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

the figures on a dyno dont lie ,but the teacher at tafe where busting there guts to disprove that the system all be it crude worked ,3kw isnt much but in a 1984 patrol with 240k on the clock ,my now has a smoothing running old heap.hes happy

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

diesel1 wrote:
hi guys Ive been playing with hho on my turbo diesel .just thought id post some results from gas test done last nite
this unit is calibated every 3 months speedo 209,900 kl
at idle Co 320ppm
NOX 192ppm
at 3000 rpm
CO 173 ppm
NOX 168 ppm as you can see at idle I have a fuel rich mixture due to the hho system but as rpm the reading decrease , this engine went from a rough idling pig to smooth ,powerful beast over night,Im getting around 13l/100km around town havent done a country run yet.Im running a 1/5 ltr container 2 50mm ss plates drawing 10 amp .my son took his old patrol to TAFE with a similar system teacher there said myth busted , he only 3kw more power but could explain why a 2.8 petorl 1984 had better exhaust readings than the teachers efid car.myth busted my a** , it works!!

what was your mileage without hydrogen?

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

diesel1 wrote:
...........................my son took his old patrol to TAFE with a similar system teacher there said myth busted , he only 3kw more power but could explain why a 2.8 petorl 1984 had better exhaust readings than the teachers efid car.myth busted my a** , it works!!

The " Myth Busted " comment might refer to the Myth busters TV show
that did a test on Hydroxy added to a car.
It was Busted for them as they did " A Pi _ _ Poor Effort " of running the Hydroxy.
What they showed was that if you dont set it up right it is a Waste of time.
BUt they certainly did not show what Hydroxy can do to IMPROVE Combustion
in an Internal Combustion Engine.
It really annoyed me - the useless attempt they made - then to say
not worth doing.
Then the Stupid Action of sticking a Hydrogen gas hose down the carburetor
of the running car ..... They should change their show's name.!
" We're dills that make things go bang.! "
Glenn

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

16 plus was about normal ,so what the secret to redusing the reddish by product in the water. using doubled disilled water a one spoon of bicarb at the moment.any ideas?

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

but still people believe them,sense is not common as is shown on that program.!!

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

mythbusters is entertainment as illustrated by them blowing things up whenever the chance arises

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

diesel1 wrote:
16 plus was about normal ,so what the secret to redusing the reddish by product in the water. using doubled disilled water a one spoon of bicarb at the moment.any ideas?

no secret as such - the trick is to minimise the voltage across each set of electrodes, thus minimising heat, so if u are only using 2 plates in a cell u could build more cells and wire them in series (ideal) or shortcut is to add neutral plates between main ones to effectively act as series cells (drawback being they are still in same electrolyte and u get some current still leapfrogging around the ends)

once you do a series setup, just increase strength of electrolyte to get back to whatever amps u need, the heating effect will be way less.

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Last edited by garthr on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 19 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next