Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 23 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33  Next

Post subject: Re: Comparison of two Falcons
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

motortronics wrote:
Having said that the Falcon that was using 20ltrs per hundred k was either very sick or figures were overstated. Also the 5.32ltrs per 100k was a spectacular effort or figures were overstated. I am not saying it is impossible by any means but would be dramatic by comparison with my testing.

I know from my own testing it is not real accurate to just top up after 100 ks, sometimes the bowser stops short and figures are really high - but u always get a lower result next time round. So only accurate way to do it is to either run full tank right down or better still keep all your litres & klms on a spreadsheet so that they can be averaged out to give a really accurate result.

If ur interested i can post up my excel sheet that i use for this, you just give it klms, litres, & price and it calculates klms per litre, miles per gallon, litres per 100, and price per klm, for each entry, as well as increase or decrease from a given base mileage, and averages.

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

I'm about to start gathering the bits to build a "Smack's Booster"
The fact the engines seem to run quieter intrigues me.
Could the reason be that the mix has a much shorter burn, making the combustion complete when the exhaust valve opens? This shorter burn could be creating efficiencies by having more of the combustion energy pushing down on the piston when it counts.
Does any-one who has run a booster for a considerable mileage have an opinion on decreased life of exhaust components, inc cat. converter?
Great thread, by the way.

Post subject: hho does it really make a difference
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford AU series 2 Wagon

VIC, Australia

hho does it really make a difference i already make a trip of 850 k's to the highway to a full tank. Will this hho magdrive kit for sale at the moment increase my range of kilometers from 5% to 45%.....

I've done my research and i have found mag drive unit sells all over the globe and all the websites have all the exact same wording even same spelling errors and same punctuation errors, over the uk, and usa web sites.

Some sites i have visited say its a scam and taking energy from car battery reduces the power to power the car, here is where my engineering in the electrical field comes in.....
Just add a "12VDC Digital Capacitor" in between the connection to the magdrive unit and the battery, stops headlights flickering when on accessory problem fixed
therefore the power factor problem doesn't exist,

this is the same problem people have when they put power full sound system in their car wiring amps to the battery with out the use of a 12 volt digital Capacitor

and if you want to improve your cars efficiency there are other ways, one of them i found was increasing the cross sectional area of the negative battery terminal to the frame/CHASSIE of the car (instead of a 16mm cable you could use a 32mm or 50mm) pretty expensive move though.

wagoff

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

Me personally I wouldnt spend the money they are asking for the kit. The best way to find out is to build your own kit and give it a go. Being an electrical engineer you should be able to knock up a basic kit and EFFIE pretty easily.
I started testing a hho kit on an old hyundai and it worked ok I am now rebuilding everything to match an AU ute.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '31ATudor351w

New Zealand

Great thread this has been so informative,stumbled on it last night about 11.00pm and read whole thing from post 1 took about 3hrs.Thanks Garthr,Ive been studying the internet forHHoboosters for months and started building one ,a bit like a Hotsabi and am getting .350 lt/min with 12v and caustic soda.......tomorrow will try caustc potash,keep up the followups ,Cheers

Post subject: Electrolyzer booster
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

wildrj wrote:
I'm about to start gathering the bits to build a "Smack's Booster"
The fact the engines seem to run quieter intrigues me.
Could the reason be that the mix has a much shorter burn, making the combustion complete when the exhaust valve opens? This shorter burn could be creating efficiencies by having more of the combustion energy pushing down on the piston when it counts.
Does any-one who has run a booster for a considerable mileage have an opinion on decreased life of exhaust components, inc cat. converter?
Great thread, by the way.

Hello, I have run an electrolyzer on a Nissan Skyline 3 litre fuel injected for 12 months. The car gradually improved performance over a 3month period and from then on it performed extremely well. I recorded a 15-20% economy improvement as well as harmful emission reduction proved by two exhaust analysis tests months apart. The engine ran quietly and smoothly and I did not have any problem with any extra detriment to exhaust etc.

I am still running an electrolyzer on my 1998 EL Falcon and wouldn't be without one. I produce these kits.

Regards,
Noel

Motortronics H20 Company Pty Ltd

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

garthr wrote:
foggy wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just thought you might be interested in this link http://zerofossilfuel.angelfire.com/efie.html

This site gives a schematic for an EFIE so you can make your own.
I will be getting of my backside soon and making a unit as I have an AU ute on the way.

Keep up the good work.

That looks very useful.
wonder if he has worked out a PWM also.

Garthr,
Saw this question about zero fossil fuels and a PWM back on page 8. I don't know if you have seen or been referred to the following already but click on the link below

http://zerofossilfuel.googlepages.com/index.html

He has done a constant current PWM.\\
sincere regards,
:D

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

maxnett wrote:
garthr wrote:
foggy wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just thought you might be interested in this link http://zerofossilfuel.angelfire.com/efie.html

This site gives a schematic for an EFIE so you can make your own.
I will be getting of my backside soon and making a unit as I have an AU ute on the way.

Keep up the good work.

That looks very useful.
wonder if he has worked out a PWM also.

Garthr,
Saw this question about zero fossil fuels and a PWM back on page 8. I don't know if you have seen or been referred to the following already but click on the link below

http://zerofossilfuel.googlepages.com/index.html

He has done a constant current PWM.\\
sincere regards,
:D

Thanks for that - i hadn't seen it.
will have to build one and see how it goes.

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Post subject: Dr Karl on Triple J
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: X-Trail

WA, Australia

On the science program on Triple J recently, Dr Karl was posed a question about Hydrogen injection which sounded very much like HHO. It's on a podcast for those of you who missed it.

Broadcast/Podcast date: 2008-06-26
Link to MP3 of Podcast: http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/science/triplej/drkarl_20080626.mp3
Podcast Reference: 22'42" into the podcast.

Dr Karl mentioned that a farmer made up a similar kit and got poor results and has basically bagged the whole concept as a con.

So much for "scientific method". He mentions only ONE reference of a failed attempt, yet disregards anecdotal evidence from a myriad of sources that prove more than 1mL of gas per minute is produced.

I've been pooh-poohed by naysayers on the Drive.com blogs as well which is only driving my resolve to get my setup producing some substantial results.

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '31ATudor351w

New Zealand

foggy wrote:
Me personally I wouldnt spend the money they are asking for the kit. The best way to find out is to build your own kit and give it a go. Being an electrical engineer you should be able to knock up a basic kit and EFFIE pretty easily.
I started testing a hho kit on an old hyundai and it worked ok I am now rebuilding everything to match an AU ute.

Hey foggy,what was the unit made from you used on your Hyundy and how much gas output per min did it have. You guys got me making these things now ,but havent got enough output yet.Any info will be helpful................Garthr what was the best out put of your 2 put together? Cheers

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

It was made from a Nescafe jar and some stainless flat strap I had hanging around. Gas output was probabky only 250ml/min but it did help a 1.5 hyundai abit. I wasnt running an effie which made the gain rather small. The next version I use on my AU I hope to get a mate to program up a PIC for me so I can vary the gas output based on an rpm input.

Post subject: Re: Dr Karl on Triple J
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

El Sledgo wrote:
On the science program on Triple J recently, Dr Karl was posed a question about Hydrogen injection which sounded very much like HHO. It's on a podcast for those of you who missed it.

Link to MP3 of Podcast: http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/science/triplej/drkarl_20080626.mp3

Dr Karl mentioned that a farmer made up a similar kit and got poor results and has basically bagged the whole concept as a con.

So much for "scientific method". He mentions only ONE reference of a failed attempt, yet disregards anecdotal evidence from a myriad of sources that prove more than 1mL of gas per minute is produced.

Believe me when I tell you this concept is not repeat is not a scam. The concept works and works well, it is just the interpretation put on it by various people who wouldn't accept help if it was offered. The other thing is how a kit is put together, amount of electrolyte added to the water, and generally how it is applied to the engine. But, my friend, do not accept any negatives from people who can't see outside the square. This concept does work.

Regards,
Noel

I've been pooh-poohed by naysayers on the Drive.com blogs as well which is only driving my resolve to get my setup producing some substantial results.

Motortronics H20 Company Pty Ltd

Post subject: Carcinogenic by-products using S/steel electrodes
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Just stumbled on this link, http://www.antique-engines.com/stainless-steel-electrodes.htm.

For the uninitiated, the by-product is Hexavalent Chromium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexavalent_chromium), which was the toxic substance that Erin Brockovich based her case on.

The dangers of this substance in water is well known, but I'm quite sure we're all responsible enough to not pour used solutions down the drain in the off-chance the solutions themselves (be-it KOH or baking soda) would leech the chromium out of the stainless steel electrodes.

I'm going to do a bit more research on whether the electrolyte solutions react with the s/steel to produce the by-product and would welcome discussion from others here on their understanding and findings too.

Post subject: Re: Dr Karl on Triple J
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

motortronics wrote:
El Sledgo wrote:

Believe me when I tell you this concept is not repeat is not a scam. The concept works and works well, it is just the interpretation put on it by various people who wouldn't accept help if it was offered. The other thing is how a kit is put together, amount of electrolyte added to the water, and generally how it is applied to the engine. But, my friend, do not accept any negatives from people who can't see outside the square. This concept does work.

Regards,
Noel

Quote:

I think your quote got mangled in my statement somewhere there, Noel. I know from viewing countless HHO vids using all sorts of solutions are working. I think caustic soda has been banned as a drain cleaner now, so we shouldn't willy-nilly be pouring excess or waste solution down the gurgler. However, in my previous post, I just need to check if s/steel will leech out the Hexavalent Chromium into solution, and if it will do so whether pure water, KOH, baking soda, or even distilled vinegar would cause it to leech out.

I guess what it means for all here is that we treat it with the respect it deserves.

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Righto, been doing a bit of surfing and stumbled on the following:

Check out Zero-Fossil-Fuel's recent Youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxWQZJw5RnQ where he points out the dangers of Hexavalent Chromium in the electrolyte solution, and reinforces care about waste product disposal.

He does mention KOH and sodium chloride (salt). No idea about baking soda though.

One of ZFF's respondents has a few tutorials about HHO safety.
Part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOX0Bcu4yrQ
Part 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgRaKQYACjk

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33  Next