Fordmods Logo

eb xr6 Gas research 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: eb xr6 Gas research
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Hey going to gas research my eb and wondering if any1 else has done it and if they gained more power

EF 96 5 speed, Wades Cam, Extractors, 2'5 Straight through exhaust, High flow injectors, Cold air intake, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, 17's lowered on SSL King Springs...

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

I've got a GRA 480 mixer and new GRA convertor if your interested

Post subject: Re: eb xr6 Gas research
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: EF fairmont + upgrades

VIC, Australia

Hey there just wanting to know if you got the gra system on your car yet ?? and how it is going?

i have (i think ) a 440 gra throttlebody and a b2 converter sitting in the shead i would like to fit to my ef fairmont

nvk-351 wrote:
Hey going to gas research my eb and wondering if any1 else has done it and if they gained more power

need a rotisserie for a classic resto 0471525912 Tom

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

I had GRA a few years ago on my EB. Ripped it off to get LPG injection.

Slight loss of throttle response, and not quite as much power.

To be honest, there isnt much of an advantage to running GRA unless your going Turbo.

If you can get LPG injection then thats a whole different game - but that costs a little more

Nigel

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

slight loss with the gra or the injection?

i saw a tickford system the other day and it is a complex converter with a pipe into intake near the throttle body maybe that might be the way to go ??

Nigel wrote:
I had GRA a few years ago on my EB. Ripped it off to get LPG injection.

Slight loss of throttle response, and not quite as much power.

To be honest, there isnt much of an advantage to running GRA unless your going Turbo.

If you can get LPG injection then thats a whole different game - but that costs a little more

Nigel

how is the injection system going?

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Muncher2002,

That sounds like the gas system that was on my Torana, you know the car. It was a complex converter with a ring above the carby. Not a very good gas system. One i will never use again. It gave s**t running & poor economy, but gas was 15cpl at the time, petrol $1.00 so it didn't really matter the poor economy.

A complex mixer like a gra & simple converter is a better way to go if you have to go that way. You already have the GRA gear, i'd speak with Rapid Flow in Hoppers about fitting it to your car. I would be surprised if a tank, fuel line, wiring & coolant lines all supplied by them, with your TB & converter, would cost more than $2k to get done, and then you could claim the $2k rebate. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

they sitll want $2,500 to fit the gra system to my car including my parts i think i am better selling off the parts that i have and getting alll new at least then i know if it fails then it is there faut not mine

for the ef/el series gra have a kit that come with everything including a new cold air intake as the origional one is too long and can not be trimmed

ToranaGuy wrote:
Muncher2002,

That sounds like the gas system that was on my Torana, you know the car. It was a complex converter with a ring above the carby. Not a very good gas system. One i will never use again. It gave s**t running & poor economy, but gas was 15cpl at the time, petrol $1.00 so it didn't really matter the poor economy.

A complex mixer like a gra & simple converter is a better way to go if you have to go that way. You already have the GRA gear, i'd speak with Rapid Flow in Hoppers about fitting it to your car. I would be surprised if a tank, fuel line, wiring & coolant lines all supplied by them, with your TB & converter, would cost more than $2k to get done, and then you could claim the $2k rebate. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

muncher2002 wrote:
they sitll want $2,500 to fit the gra system to my car including my parts i think i am better selling off the parts that i have and getting alll new at least then i know if it fails then it is there faut not mine

for the ef/el series gra have a kit that come with everything including a new cold air intake as the origional one is too long and can not be trimmed

Really? Damn that's expensive. The new air intake couldn't cost 2 arms & a leg could it? Otherwise i don't see it being that expensive, tank, Tb & converter run to around $1000 - 1100ish unless they have gone up in price a lot. Considering you have the TB & converter, that should save you around $500 off the conversion i would have thought.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Less with GRA, noticably more with injection...

.. and it was the GTI system not the current injection setups.

I dont have it any more - that was retired by me 2.5 years ago and returned to the designer. Its still under development, but if/when it comes to market I'll be first in line for it again.

The GTI system was at least 5% up on power, and economy didnt get hurt by as much either.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]