Fordmods Logo

ef gas wont time off keeps priming 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: ef gas wont time off keeps priming
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

my ef keeps priming with ignition on, where is the timer located as i think the mech who just worked on it might have disconnected it? ohh its a dual fuel runs on gas all the time, doesnt start on petrol unless you switch it across to fuel only
been through the ringer with this car had a starting problem where it wouldnt start all the time with no spark, mech had it for a few months got it back working with a blown rear muffler and now this and found my falcon emblem chucked in the back seat not to mention the $1200 bill and i cant see what he did except change the earth lead but he says he changed some wiring???? and spent a heaps of hours on it???dont know but if i could find the timer to fix that it would be good
thanks

Post subject: Re: ef gas wont time off keeps priming
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

A few months in his shop? $1200 to have a mechanic fiddle with wiring? That is 2 man days of labour at $80/hr! Most mechanics are not that good at wiring so why did he not get an Auto Electrician to sort out? Quicker, lot cheaper and probably do the job right!

If it was me I would be looking for a new mechanic immediately. To take so long would be a real concern and he blew the muffler?

Live & learn, moving on.

There is usually a timer module made by Peel that controls this. It will use the tacho signal from wherever to release the primer. Depends so much on what control system you have. Pictures help a lot so others can assist.

Post subject: Re: ef gas wont time off keeps priming
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:00 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

found out it was wired to the ignition instead of the fuel pump, all fixed now

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]