Fordmods Logo

LPG prices are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INFLATED 

Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: LPG prices are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INFLATED
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Nissan 300zx

NSW, Australia

Hey whats happening with this? Read it with great interest as I can see pretty much the fuel hitting $2 a litre any day now (in my case 98 is pretty much there already) was looking around at converting to LPG, going to cost me 6 grand after rebate (no one knows how to do a 300zx so it will be a custom job) even so I could see the point in this but not seeing the point so much reading about this huge tax that is going to be on LPG very soon, and what pisses me off more is China is getting our LPG at around 4c a liter, we are pretty much giving it away and ripping our own off.... I wrote to all the people involved (Prime Minister, all the liberals, labour and state) but would be awesome to see this go ahead and with some big company's involved would be EASY to get free publicity in the news paper and even tv, make them pay attention.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Quote:
(no one knows how to do a 300zx so it will be a custom job

Where are you going to put the tank? On the passenger seat? from what I recall there f**k all of a boot

And China is buying CNG @ around 4c a litre

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

details, details! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

madmax wrote:
Quote:
(no one knows how to do a 300zx so it will be a custom job

Where are you going to put the tank? On the passenger seat? from what I recall there f**k all of a boot

And China is buying CNG @ around 4c a litre

Replace the existing tank and run pure LPG direct injected

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

another thing that was not mentioned was that even though that LPG might be a little cheaper in running then there are the issues that LPG F**k everything/somethings up quicker than benzine fuel.

So one must/should take into account the extra costs associated with LPG breakdowns like Coil packs for example, this is definitely the case with Ford EF's, Au's & B series models.

On another note when i was 15/16 years old & worked part time at a service station LPG price was 12c per litre. My mate had a 351C XC Falcon with LPG & we would put $2 into the gas tank & it would take us from Melbourne's Western Suburbs to Phillip Island & back.

LPG needs to be less than 30% of the price of petrol to be a worthwhile alternate fuel. Also at the moment where i am situated LPG is just under $1 per litre & PULP is at around $1.75. Kind of make's me think that it's better just to run PULP. At least this way i know i've got full power/economy & engine parts are less susceptible to breakage etc.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Shen Long wrote:
another thing that was not mentioned was that even though that LPG might be a little cheaper in running then there are the issues that LPG F**k everything/somethings up quicker than benzine fuel.

So one must/should take into account the extra costs associated with LPG breakdowns like Coil packs for example, this is definitely the case with Ford EF's, Au's & B series models.

On another note when i was 15/16 years old & worked part time at a service station LPG price was 12c per litre. My mate had a 351C XC Falcon with LPG & we would put $2 into the gas tank & it would take us from Melbourne's Western Suburbs to Phillip Island & back.

LPG needs to be less than 30% of the price of petrol to be a worthwhile alternate fuel. Also at the moment where i am situated LPG is just under $1 per litre & PULP is at around $1.75. Kind of make's me think that it's better just to run PULP. At least this way i know i've got full power/economy & engine parts are less susceptible to breakage etc.

Yeah this is true, either way I think the government is completely useless, we have that type of Government in Australia where they do what they want cause it doesn't effect them directly, they retire and get the same amount of unbelievable money if they screw up the country or not, so why should they care, this is what needs to change.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

coils packs my a***!

I have driven over 375,000 in my EF and have never replaced a coil pack. I have replaced the leads a couple of times but that was no big deal. My biggest problems have been blown head gaskets caused by leaky cooling system.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

NSW, Australia

Rick's EF Fairmont Wagon wrote:
coils packs my a***!

I have driven over 375,000 in my EF and have never replaced a coil pack. I have replaced the leads a couple of times but that was no big deal. My biggest problems have been blown head gaskets caused by leaky cooling system.

x 2! Lpg in itself doesn't stuff anything up. Not on current motors anyway. The older heads would cop a little bit of thrashing in the valve area but we're talking pre mid 80's. No biggie, you just use better valves, seats and stems on older cars and no issue.

If anything, Lpg prolongs the life of engines. That's why cabbies can run up to a million km's on a single engine if regularly serviced and then be stripped down and look near brand new on the inside.

Lpg requires that your ignition system is spot on all the time as it needs more energy to burn but in and of itself it does not wreck your ignition system.

Also, what's the big fuss about prices. We're paying 58-59 cents here in Syd. If it get's super expensive it hits 70 cents tops. In rural places they charge you for transporting it hence the hike but it will always be better.

300zx lad, call Brian at Newgas in Taren point. He'll be more than happy to hook you up with direct liquid injection or vapour injection and he's damn good at what he does.
Set up my old turbo xf on gas and it rorted. He also has a dyno to tune and knows his way around haltechs and other computers really well.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The Judge wrote:

in rural places they charge you for transporting it hence the hike but it will always be better.

A couple of years ago, travelling across the Nullarbor LPG was dearer than Petrol. My BA being egas I was stuck with the more expensive fuel with a higher consumption rate.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

NSW, Australia

there ya go... haven't been out that far to know. lol

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

I haven't crossed the Nullaboar but I have driven to Darwin and back when the price skyrocketed a few years back. I could get LPG most places at under the price of petrol. I didn't keep a log book on that trip but I remember in 91 I drove to Darwin and the highest price for petrol was a dollar a litre at a station near Ayers rock when it was about 60 cents in Melbourne.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Isn't it crazy that the government will spend millions of tax payer dollars to have camry hybrids made that are not expected to last a decade, cause far more pollution and environmental damage to manufacture than a normal car. (batterys etc) And yet when they have a cheap easy way to reduce pollution AND help people save some money.. instead of jumping on board and giving the car manufactures incentives to offer LPG liquid injection on more models from the showroom.. They tax the crap out of it so it isn't a viable option... way to go government.

We actually have the ability for Australia to be mostly independent from a vehicle energy perspective between LPG and CNG, but because our government is more worried about offending trading partners than they are about pollution or the benefit of the Australian people.. we have to sell our own resources for 4 cents a pop and buy them back for considerably more.
Every time they tell us about how we need the carbon tax for the environment, think about how they are actually making it harder for us to knock 10% off our carbon footprint.

They must be doing this on purpose.. they can't possibly be stupid enough to be doing it by accident.

crazy s**t.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

frankieh wrote:
Isn't it crazy that the government will spend millions of tax payer dollars to have camry hybrids made that are not expected to last a decade, cause far more pollution and environmental damage to manufacture than a normal car. (batterys etc) And yet when they have a cheap easy way to reduce pollution AND help people save some money.. instead of jumping on board and giving the car manufactures incentives to offer LPG liquid injection on more models from the showroom.. They tax the crap out of it so it isn't a viable option... way to go government.

We actually have the ability for Australia to be mostly independent from a vehicle energy perspective between LPG and CNG, but because our government is more worried about offending trading partners than they are about pollution or the benefit of the Australian people.. we have to sell our own resources for 4 cents a pop and buy them back for considerably more.
Every time they tell us about how we need the carbon tax for the environment, think about how they are actually making it harder for us to knock 10% off our carbon footprint.

They must be doing this on purpose.. they can't possibly be stupid enough to be doing it by accident.

crazy s**t.

The government doesnt run this country, the fuel companies do. As with every other country that is dependent upon vehicles, electricity and basically everything else. We have no choice and they know it.

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

frankieh wrote:
They tax the crap out of it so it isn't a viable option... way to go government.

Nothing new there, anything that can be taxed, will be!

frankieh wrote:

crazy s**t.

Yes they are, they need to justify the carbon tax some how :twisted:

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:51 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2002 AUII Fairlane Sportsman V8

SA, Australia

i just cant wait for the O2 tax & the sunshine tax.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next