Fordmods Logo

My results of HHO on a 2006 KIA Sorento w/ a 3.5L V6. 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: My results of HHO on a 2006 KIA Sorento w/ a 3.5L V6.
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:39 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: KIA

Oustide Australia

All,

First of all I love this HHO stuff. And I am SOOO sick of hearing people put it down by saying things like "the amount of energy consumed to produce HHO from the electrical system consumes more than what you get out". To people who think that way... let me explain the economics to ya:

1) I was spending 400 a month on fuel.
2) My first HHO cell has boosted my city milage from about 12 MPG to 26.6 MPG.
3) My unit consumes just under 10 amps during normal operation but may peak to 20 amps on a really hot day stuck in traffic with no air flow.
4) Even if I have to buy a new batter every three months... they cost about 50 dollars. I am saving almost 200 per month in fuel. So 200 X 3 months = 600, minus the cost of a new battery 50, minus my time and labor to replace it... i am still way out in front.

My first unit utilized 5/16" thread-all that was attached to a smooth surface PVC endcap on 4" pvc with a tube that was about 2' in length.

Each thread-all had approximatley 21 304 stainless steel 2" washers on them and the two rods intersected to where they almost touched. My polarity was +-+-+-+-+-+-.

I am VERY happy with the results considering the cost invested. Yes, my unit doesn't put out 1 liter a minute like most advertise... Prob only about 500ml a minute. However too much HHO scares me because I don't want it popping holes in my pistons and/or resulting in a retarded inginition inside the chamber that would counter-act my gains.

As fas as those of you who say... OMG, you put that on a new vehicle that is still under warranty? Yeap, I sure did! And it's all zip ties and can be totally removed in under 10 minutes. Trust me, if I pop the engine... it will be going in for service and if they don't want to fix it... Then I will get the lawyer and the warranty information and pick apart every english word and it's definition.

For those of you who have taken the time to post your findings, your plate designs, your failures and successes... i can't thank you enough! you have probably saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars!

My most recent design is cells made from a martha steward steamer that can be found at kmart for 6.99. TAKE A MAGET WITH YOU!!! The sets available vary in their quality of stainless. Test each set on the shelf and buy the one with the least pull on the magnet.

Each plate is about 2X3 inches and there are small tabs on the end to attach stuff. Each tab is also perforated and really pumps out the HHO!

I myself welded tabs on the the cells I wanted to use to result in a:
+n-n+n-n+ configuration. Consumes less about 5 amps and outputs over 100ml per minute. Even when wired in series with other units... I can get the amperage down to almost 2 amps with about 200ml of output per minute.

So I figure I will keep building them so I will end up with about 4-5 cell packs... Each that consumes about 2 amps. They ride VERY cool, don't overheat and remain stable for 5 hours at a time.

I also don't use copper inside my cell anymore! I use stainless steel wire from ace hardware... And I just place it inside a tube to help insulate it from shorting out.

Good luck to all!!! i will post some pics one of these days.

==Zow

HHO is the way to go.

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:44 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

cheer man for the info

pics would be great!

RIP SCOTT

Post subject: pics...
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: KIA

Oustide Australia

Sorry guys, it's just such a pain to get pics. Have to take them with the phone, them remove min-mem card, insert into coverter, place it into the PDA... YUK!

I will see if I can get the cam corder fired up this weekend.

Here in an hour I am going to try and retro fit the martha steward plates in an enclosed PVC tube... But to be honest I want to wait until I get my plate design just right.

One other thing to note... I have a 15 gal tank and tonight I watched it like a hawk. 104Miles out of a 1/4 of a tank. That is basically 104 miles from 3.75 gal. Not very impressive, but consider the factory rating for my vehicle is only 15mpg city and 22 mpg highway.. I am VERY happy.

Lets see what Martha Steward can bring me. :)

==Zow

HHO is the way to go.

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

Hi Zowwie,

thanks for posting, it is all good info.

will probably try building something like yours for my next cell.

And you're right, - too many people knock this idea without even knowing what it is all about.

(did anyone mention that pics would be good tho?)

garth

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

lol

Post subject: Re: pics...
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

zowwie438 wrote:
Sorry guys, it's just such a pain to get pics. Have to take them with the phone, them remove min-mem card, insert into coverter, place it into the PDA... YUK!

I will see if I can get the cam corder fired up this weekend.

Here in an hour I am going to try and retro fit the martha steward plates in an enclosed PVC tube... But to be honest I want to wait until I get my plate design just right.

One other thing to note... I have a 15 gal tank and tonight I watched it like a hawk. 104Miles out of a 1/4 of a tank. That is basically 104 miles from 3.75 gal. Not very impressive, but consider the factory rating for my vehicle is only 15mpg city and 22 mpg highway.. I am VERY happy.

Lets see what Martha Steward can bring me. :)

==Zow

have u done anything with the tuning of the motor (EFIE or such) or is it still completely standard?

Garthr

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

what is HHO?

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:43 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

gogetta wrote:
what is HHO?

it is the mixture of hydrogen & oxygen gases that you get when you split water in an electrolyser

Garthr

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi Zow and all

I have just added Hydrogen to my V8 ghia lpg, I have no idea yet about economy as I have only done 100ks and a lot of time with the car stationary. I have added an oxygen sensor enhancer, although I am unsure how much the oxygeb sensor come into play with LPG anyway. I have also added a thermo coupler and thermometer to the exhaust system tpo monitor the heat. and a fuel mixture meter so I can see the actual fuel mixture.

I have never owned a car with efi before so have no idea how to adjust the timing but beleive I will get better resukts with the timing closer to TDC.

I used several 12mm stainless steel rods in my pvc pipe (Electrolyzer), the original plan was to use carbon rods but the only source of carbon rods we could source were gowging rods and we found it was easy enough to remove the copper but the rods were of poor quality and deterioated very rapidly.

If anybody know of a source for top quality carbons rods that would be great.

Doc

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Can i ask if anyone here has had any luck putting together an EFIE device?

I've just made one of the diagrams on the Water4Gas which seems like it doesnt work.

I've attached the diagram to this post, it is supposed to reduce the amount of current coming from the map sensor, functioning like an EFIE, but the rich setting isnt 'normal' it just enriches the mixture nearly 2.5times, the lean setting has no resistance and operates as per normal.

Cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

it can be fast and cheap,but it wont be reliable
it can be reliable and cheap,but it wont be fast
or you can be fast and reliable,but it wont be cheap

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

-GAS-MAN- wrote:

I've just made one of the diagrams on the Water4Gas which seems like it doesnt work.

I've attached the diagram to this post, it is supposed to reduce the amount of current coming from the map sensor, functioning like an EFIE, but the rich setting isnt 'normal' it just enriches the mixture nearly 2.5times, the lean setting has no resistance and operates as per normal.

Cheers
This may work on an AU where the MAP sensor is a linear voltage but E series MAP is a square wave signal varing in frequency depending on the pressure (vacuum).

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '31ATudor351w

New Zealand

-GAS-MAN- wrote:

Cheers

Go to this site.......www.fuel-saver.org/Forum........you'll be impressed,its just full of EFIE stuff and some good results on HHO.Cheers

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thats good advice thanks!

Do you think people here would all meetup and show off our hho devices, exchange ideas and help each other out?

I've just bought two cell innards and one full cell being delivered this week.

All i need is a working EFIE and ill be pumping out over a litre a minute :)

Is there any benefit to producing 1 litre per minute instead of only 400ml's a minute in the ford 6cyl?
What improvements will i notice, i mean how more economical can it get?
I'd love to show others and explain it to them once ive got it all working.

Matt

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Has anyone fitted a pcv enhancer yet?
What about wrapping your o2 sensor in foil just to see if it makes a difference?
Water injection? Lol i did all these in the last few weeks, ordered the three hho cells and tried fitting an adjustable resister to the map sensor, no luck yet but once i get the EFIE and hho working ill be running on water :P

I'm going to document the whole thing too, so more people get into it :)

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

-GAS-MAN- wrote:
Thats good advice thanks!

Do you think people here would all meetup and show off our hho devices, exchange ideas and help each other out?

I've just bought two cell innards and one full cell being delivered this week.

All i need is a working EFIE and ill be pumping out over a litre a minute :)

Is there any benefit to producing 1 litre per minute instead of only 400ml's a minute in the ford 6cyl?
What improvements will i notice, i mean how more economical can it get?
I'd love to show others and explain it to them once ive got it all working.

Matt

I would be happy to try and get a few people together with their hho's and compare devices share info etc because I think this will be the only way to get some uniformity into the whole thing and probably after a brainstorming session we could all be better off, tempered of course with an ale or two. Remember I will have to come from NSW but keen I am to talk to others etc.

Regards,
Noel

Motortronics H20 Company Pty Ltd

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next