Fordmods Logo

problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: problems
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

G'day thrillseekers. I am having problems with the LPG system in a EF GLi. It is a Tickford system.

The motor surges on idle in neutral, down to an almost stall, and back up again and it almost stalls when coming to a stop in gear. (auto) I use left foot braking a lot!! :D

I have checked the balance pipe for leaks, I have checked the idle valve for blockages, I have cleaned the ICS (twice), all to no avail.

I am thinking there may be a vacuum leak somewhere in the aircon valve operating system. Would this be possible? Although I can't hear anything suspicious. I haven't yet put a vacuum guage on the engine.

If anybody has any ideas, I would be most gratefull

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:31 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon RTV

QLD, Australia

Or the idle circuit may be blocked.You will know this as it will stall when coming to a stop (going around a round about :shock: ) and won't idle.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:00 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

i have a problem of the car backfiring and when it does it blows this little noby thing off causing the vacuum leak and the car to idle like a pig. If your car has backfired before then this might be the problem. The little noby thing is next to the injectors to the right u should see a valve with protected or open... that may be ur problem.

If you need a pic let me know

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've checked the idle curcuit, eaglus, by removing the solenoid and poking a thin wire thro' the idle jet, and also checked the solenoid works. And I know the piece you are talking about, efweapon, and that is in place. I have experienced that before, one can uaualy tell by the intake noise that the cover is missing!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:34 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon RTV

QLD, Australia

Oke' You have not mentioned how it is on petrol??? When the last time you have done the self learn???

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It doesn't run too well on petrol, but I think it may be because it rarely is put on petrol, and the injectors may be stuffed. I don't think it has really run on perol for at least 2 years.!!
I'm not confident about doing the self learn in case I stuff up the LPG computer. I have read the article about it in the forum.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:39 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I had a similar problem with my AuII XLS. Ended up being the spark plug leads arching out. Replaced them and it was all good. A friend had the same problem and new leads fixed it for him too. Hope this helps.

@ efweapon - My car was backfiring too from the faulty leads. Was blowing the vacuum hose off regularly. Could be worth having a look at the leads on yours too.

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i Just posted along reply under this thread if it helps.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/post726962.html#726962

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]