Fordmods Logo

CAMS & gmh screw Ford again 

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: F6 Typhoon, BF XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

I remember that well, we where sitting at the same corner.

Assumptions are the mother of all F**K UPS!

Simone

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF II

WA, Australia

i seem to remember that a motor race was won by the best team with the best cars.
Now it seem that the officials determine who will win by penalising great teams for stupid stuff.
When will the supporters of this series turn around and say enough is enough.
personally i am sick of seeing driver's races ruined by the white shirts in pit lane. How bout getting these crackers in a V8 an see how hard they are to drive, and then come back with a rulling on an incident.
As mentioned above, drive throughs for crossing a white line ( which i remember, craig couldnt see it, these guys are so low in the car they can barely see over the dash, let alone a line on the left side of the car).
God damn speed limit in pit lane 40kmh, what is it a school zone with ppl stupid enough to dive in front of cars??.( one k over and you get a drive through, even if you can prove from telemetry that the car never exceeded 40) I miss the day of tyres smoking out of the pit bay, F1, and Indy seem to manage a higher speed limit, Why cant V8's.
And my last gripe, i believe that i heard Marcus Ambrose say that the drivers had a gentleman agreement in regards to the balaclava, you know, dont make a big fuss about it, keep it on the low down, what ever. And he hasnt worn one for 2 years, and they choose his last bathurst to pick him up on it.....tell me that official doesnt have a grudge against Stone brothers or Marcus.

RIP Peter Brock

Lovells springs, KYB shocks, camber kit, AU XR8 snorkel, pioneer stereo, lukey straight thru exhaust, FTR XR8 mags, 35% tint and a trip computer

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

unfortunatly cant blame murphy for that if you watch the footage prior to the event and the rules the overtaking car must give room to the other vehicle, ambrose hit murphy in the right hand side of his car and front, then yes murphy went straight ahead into the rear of ambrose. Now after the incident did Murphy not continue to drive car didnt look damaged, may be when ambrose hit him trying to pass him he broke Murphy's front right steering that is why a seeming undamaged car was taken from the track. Ambrose was frustrated with getting screwed with the stop go and was pushing to hard and caused the accident. Also he may not have worn it for 2 years but Bathurst is an international event so is under different rules compared to regualar series, so as y nobody was picked up.

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

THSSSSPPPPPT!!!!!(rasberry) What a load, Have a read of all the posts, I know we are all dark but jesus do ya have to be so dammed technical on us we are already hurting just let us wallow Newbie!!!!

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:02 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

sorry didnt mean to be so mean. I was hoping for Lowndes it was his year just stupid bad luck.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:12 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Oh who gives a poo now!

The race is over, the championship is not.

Get over it!

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:13 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

u f**k wanker keith dont come on here and try to gloat, you only ever watch 1 race a year and all you holden tryhards think that is the 1 race that matters

there is 13 other rounds that count,
who is leading the championship FORD 1,2 and 3
who has won the past 2 years FORD

go back to your stinking pile of s**t you call a house and try and fix those holdens on yours ohh wait whats that.. thats right NONE of them run!
the only car that you have had that has not let you down was.. comon admit it a FORD faclon
thats right ppls this hear holden supporter who has a FAKE A9X ( a 6cyl coupe ) converted to V8

by the way this is FORDMODS only ppl who are welcome here are ppl who are into moddifying fords
which you obviously dont have any intention of doing

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

ok franky baby you want a tissue pal. Bathurst is still the biggest most watched race. My holdens all go unlike yourself ford boy who buys it as is from the factory then puts a hole in the exhaust so it can sound somewhere near close to ballsy. I actually build my cars they may have no windows or parts but they run and drive im sure the VK will spank u the LJ will give you a run for your money and well the LX Hatch has also proved it 1/4times dont lie, Mr ill run a red light so i can get a head start and still lose. Now how is that Holden you have in the backyard thats right your a Ford boy you dont know how to use a spanner do ya. Now what the point of picking on my house hey b**ch at least i have one...Oh thats right you spend so much money on your ford trying to keep up with my 30 yo Holden that u cant afford a house. :)

Edit - while my Vk 308 ex-pursuit and 308 SS go up in value how the depreciation on that XR6 going sold it yet. Honda BOY

Last edited by ksha9x on Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:32 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Now for the silver lining:

SBR #1 & #2 on the Championship.

Go Rusty.

(My opinion matches much of that already said here)

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

ya know frank since you send me those lovely sms messages on the occasions when the fords win i thought i would go one better i didnt get a reply from your text today so i thought i would come to your favourite site after i saw your new avatars on PSB :P

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

EFXRWGN wrote:
THSSSSPPPPPT!!!!!(rasberry) What a load, Have a read of all the posts, I know we are all dark but jesus do ya have to be so dammed technical on us we are already hurting just let us wallow Newbie!!!!

ah ha well before u pay out on the newbie yourself, i just wanna let you know that i tent to agree with ksha9x, ambrose was a bit keen to pass where he was murph held racing line and ambrose was gonna run out of room up there, now murph probably should done the right thing and saw that ambrose has teh grunt and let him through but that wasnt to happen.

the whole balaclava thing was a bit of a joke to say the least the stewards targetted SBR i have no idea they would have been much better keeping a lid on it and checking all teams and fining those that dont put them on.

It seems that everyyear at bathurst AVESCO seem to pull something out of there a*** to ruin the race from someone, maybe its why it makes the race so entertaining to watch. doesnt seem that long ago it was the other way round when murph got that 5 min penalty for spilling fuel IIRC, ah well another year another win for holden

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

ksha9x wrote:
unfortunatly cant blame murphy for that if you watch the footage prior to the event and the rules the overtaking car must give room to the other vehicle, ambrose hit murphy in the right hand side of his car and front, then yes murphy went straight ahead into the rear of ambrose. Now after the incident did Murphy not continue to drive car didnt look damaged, may be when ambrose hit him trying to pass him he broke Murphy's front right steering that is why a seeming undamaged car was taken from the track. Ambrose was frustrated with getting screwed with the stop go and was pushing to hard and caused the accident. Also he may not have worn it for 2 years but Bathurst is an international event so is under different rules compared to regualar series, so as y nobody was picked up.

so how come they don't apply the same rules to the New Zealand race OR the China race ... how more international do you need to get???

Ambrose hasn't worn a balaclarva in three years, yet today three quarters of the way through the race they decide to ping him for it..... :evil:

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:27 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

KSHA9X wrote:
21:31] Sir Keith - Torana: i knew ya would find my post
[21:32] Sir Keith - Torana: i actually came on to see if i could off load any ford parts i need 40 posts thou

typical holden back door bandit

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

gee frank i see ya got the most post on this site. Is that cos your on here trying to figure out how to get your car a little deeper into that 14sec mark get out there and drive it.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

right explain how this rule from http://www.v8supercar.com.au/downloads/ ... 20D%20.pdf was not applied to drivers racing before todays race???

Quote:
At all Meetings while their Cars are on the race track during Competition, all Drivers must wear overalls as well as long underwear, a balaclava, socks and shoes homologated to the FIA 8856-2000 Standard and, Gloves homologated to the FIA 1986 standard.

For them to come out with it today and not in previous races is not only very unprofessional it also begs the lack of consistency of the race stewards and AVESCO.

Here is the actual peice on FLame-resistant clothing out of the FIA's resources of its rules. http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/ ... ix_L_a.pdf

Quote:
Flame-resistant clothing
In circuit events, hill-climbs, rally special stages and crosscountry
event selective sections entered on the International
Sporting Calendar, all drivers and co-drivers must wear overalls
as well as gloves (optional for co-drivers), long underwear (not
obligatory in cross-country events, but strongly recommended), a
balaclava, socks and shoes homologated to the FIA 8856-2000(1)
standard.

SO again it stipulates without any degree of confusion he should have been wearing a balaclarva - I ask why again after 120 odd f**k laps was it only then decided to enforce the rule???

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Last edited by Happy on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next