Fordmods Logo

V8's back on channel 7 

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Please if you love the sport !
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: HOT EL

VIC, Australia

IMPORTANT:
By reading this Post you are waving any legal action or discrimination cases against me.

People,
Please take the time to do this, you all know i am not someone that emails spam, chain letters and other useless time wasting junk to everyone however something has got me on edge and needs to be expressed, Most of you know how i feel about the V8 supercars and awesome entertainment it brings to a lot of us. I have however come across some news that will disappoint most of us........ Think back just over 10 years ago. The V8's where not a "major sport" in Australia, the coverage was bad and the rounds where shown at times of the night (if at all) whilst most of us where sleeping. Then came Channel 10, took the sport and made it something that has grown into a "Major Sport" in Australia and in the past few years international. Over the past 10 years we have enjoyed every round coming to our homes at a time that was appropriate and a coverage that can not be matched. However it has become public news now that channel 7 have managed to grab the telecast back from 10 as of next year. I am not going to go into a long and convoluted email, all i ask is if you support channel 10 having the V8's where it belongs please sign the following partition at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/v8super/petition.html

By the way, i am in no way affiliated with channel 10, please pass this on to people that love the sport.

Thanks for your time.

The Lion Tamer

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

one things for sure bathurst will be back on the october long weekend,channel seven have the rights for that one

EB2 Falcon S
EF2 Fairmont V8
EB2 S-XR6 Cobalt Blue Paid $400 for it he he

Post subject: Give them ago
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:27 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Turbo

QLD, Australia

Ok think about it do you honestly think they would have paid so much to take it if they weren't going to do something with it.

It could end up being even better only time will show.

They might show every race and not just hi-lights from race 1 and full 2 & 3 races.
Who knows they may even telecast feeder events.
Gee I would love it if someone would promote historic's and production race's as it is more revevent to what we own and drive.

Maybe 10 will telecast historic's and production race's,I will have to pick 10 over 7 if they do.

Those great MUSTANG's, XY GTHO's, GROUP A, GROUP C FORDS etc etc
Bring them on someone.

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

sh*t...didn't realise that 10 have lost the V8's....that's going to s*ck because channel 7 have always been sh*t at broadcasting sport and especially the V8's - they had better get some decent commentators and spend some real money on the coverage. They used to do it with f*ck all cameras and sh*t commentators and it really was cr*p compared to the way 10 cover it...

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

I'm with Millard. Out here we don't get anything from 7 so I guess I have to wait for the Tuesday night replay on pay tv. :cry:

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

was listening to 3aw couple of weeks ago and they were talking about this, football will get preferernce over v8's, does this include f1 aswell, or just the v8's?

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

GT-P wrote:
was listening to 3aw couple of weeks ago and they were talking about this, football will get preferernce over v8's, does this include f1 aswell, or just the v8's?
it's just the V8's...10 still has the F1's and moto GP etc

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

hankscorpio wrote:
GT-P wrote:
it's just the V8's...10 still has the F1's and moto GP etc

thanks for clearing that up mate!

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:12 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

i heard (think it was on here) that they are changing the format of the races and they will be on saturday to fit in with the footy.

i think that really sucks. avesco f**k up, they should have stuck with ten. even if they were offering less money for the rights. the amount of time and effort they have already invested should have been enough.

next time tony cochrane comes into work, ill be asking for a "please explain".

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

Most of you young blokes don't remember back before V8 Supercars and Channel Ten. I for one remember when Channel Seven was the biggest and best motor sport channel on air. There was motor sport on almost every weekend. Not only did they show the then Touring Car Championship but also sports sedans, production racing, one make series, formula Ford, formula V, formula two and of course the Gold Star (you could actually follow a driver's career up through the other categories before reaching Group C/A touring cars). Add rallying to that and you had almost everything bar Formula One. Most of these were not delayed telecasts but live unlike Ten that only shows the V8 Supercars live (well often but not always) and every thing else in a highlight package weeks later.

However since V8 Supercars almost every other category has been pushed aside as for as TV coverage goes which to me is disappointing. You lot have really missed some great racing. Just imagine watching drivers like Moffat, Brock and Richards driving touring cars one week and then the next they are all doing battle again in sports sedans. Those sports sedans were wild and wicked machines the on most tracks just flogged the touring cars for speed and excitement. These days you just see the V8 Supercar driver's just driving in the one championship. I grant you the whole V8 Supercar scene is much more professional than that of the old touring cars but that has not necessarily made for better racing.

Add to that Channel Ten's and V8 Supercars fallacy in regards to a V8 Bathurst tradition. Ford won Bathurst (and it's forefather at Philip Island) once with a six cylinder Falcon and three times in a row with four cylinder Cortinas before a for V8 ever won. And yes they were racing against the odd V8. Holden has even won Bathurst with a 6 cylinder. The true Bathurst tradition was that of a multi class race. Sure they had slower cars to lap but even now they are lapping slower V8s manner times in the race. I was actually interesting to see how far into the top ten an under three litre or under two litre car would finish. I can tell you it was not uncommon to get at least one of each finishing in the top ten. Just watching the V8 eat every up the mountain and down conrod and then the smaller cars kicking across the top of the mountain was special.

This think we should all give Channel Seven ago. Expect it to take some time to get it right. After all they did develope the in car camera for world wide usage.

However if they do make motor sport second to some stupid ball game then we should condem them.

Only time will tell

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

GT-P wrote:
so meat ball gets preferernce over the V8s, pfffffff

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

MAW is right in almost all of his points there.

I think 7 will do a great job, i just hope they don't shove it to an 11 pm time slot because of f**k football... That will piss me off.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Oustide Australia

Looking forward to not have to listen to Mr Diffey and his giggle after this year, one positive about V8's going to 7.

God save Allan Moffat, God bless d**k-Johnson and thank Christ for Marcos Ambrose.........

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

xcabbi wrote:
I just found the old group A days on channel 7 much more interesting

I agree...The Channel 7 coverage was heaps better in my opinion.
I'd be glad to say goodbye to the whole Channel 10 commentator
team, except Neil Crompton. Hope Channel 7 get him on board and let
him be the main man.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

7 sucks a***. They will give AFL priority over V8s and we will end up with highlights for 30 minutes at 11:30pm.

I reckon each channel should have it assigned sports.
7 has AFL
9 has Cricket and Rugby
10 has all motorsport.

And they should also all be banned from broadcasting Reality TV shows.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next