Fordmods Logo

Fordmods Version 3.0 

Page 13 of 25 [ 373 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next

Post subject: Re: Fordmods Version 3.0
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fiend, so you want your sig to show up only once per page.

is it really that stressful to have your sig show up everytime you post?

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Manual EL XR6

I am a fan, so much easier to read now, nice work !

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
fiend, so you want your sig to show up only once per page.

is it really that stressful to have your sig show up everytime you post?

I wouldn't call it stress inducing. It's just annoying. It fills up the screen with the same repeated graphic, that I would otherwise only use to sign off (or on) at moments as, and when, required.

To have it appear all over the show constantly is simply crap. I'm already sick of JOSHIES SIG... Even BENJ who changed his recently... And mine, which has only been here for two hours! There's only so many times an image can be repeated on one screen before you start hating it. Maybe they could all be resized so they're only 100x600 at most? At least when you change your sig it changes all the messages you've posted...

Guess I'll just have to have a rotating band of signature images and get rid of the text.

Or, better yet, delete all reference to a signature, and just do one by hand at the bottom of each message.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Or, better yet, delete all reference to a signature, and just do one by hand at the bottom of each message.

That's probably the best idea if you want some variation at the bottom of messages. A signature is intended to be a set text that you always use to sign off with, sort of in the same way you sign your name in real life. You can't just choose to sign your credit card slips when you feel like it :P

Signatures are nothing new, and I would say the vast majority of people leave theirs on 100% of the time, which is the reason we took away the option to turn it off.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Waggin wrote:

That's probably the best idea if you want some variation at the bottom of messages. A signature is intended to be a set text that you always use to sign off with, sort of in the same way you sign your name in real life. You can't just choose to sign your credit card slips when you feel like it :P

Mate - I do not fill out ten credit card slips on a single page, and repeating element on a page like that is just plain ugly.
Wagmin wrote:
Signatures are nothing new, and I would say the vast majority of people leave theirs on 100% of the time, which is the reason we took away the option to turn it off.

Yeah? Well put the option back. *I* don't really want to have to produce a bloody sig every time I want one. Besides which - all the message I left with the specific command to INCLUDE SIGNATURE has now been over ridden, meaning that all my messages now have a signature. Therefore, if I delete my sig and do a COPY and PASTE at the end of each message that all the places where I did want to leave my sig will have NOTHING.

THINK of a SIG as something else. It isn't like a credit card slip, and never has been where I'm from. It's more like a TAG is to the youth of today. When you are proud of something, or want to leave your mark for whatever reason (however invalid) then you leave your TAG. You will not see the same tag on the fence, the letterbox, the path, the garage door and on the cats face purely because the person commented on them all as he approached the house.....

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

See...

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

All these graffix repeating would drive anyone nuts in the end. Especially if they are damn 200 pixels or more (JOSHIE, I'm looking at you) HIGH!

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

See --- My current sig is the same colours as the page, and is similar to your logo to such an extent that I can almost get away with using it regularly....

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

But then - As soon as I change the signature to something else, it will repeat itself all over the site and could be a pain in the a***. Let's say I made a signature 2000pixels high by 1 pixel wide.........

:twisted: FIEND WAS ERE

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Mate - I do not fill out ten credit card slips on a single page, and repeating element on a page like that is just plain ugly.

Easily fixed - dont have an ugly signature. if you really want a random image at the end of your post, include it manually.

If you want to have a big signature image and ten spam a thread to prove your point you're not going to win any points from me.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:10 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Brad I've seen it on other forums (dunno if it's an option/mod for PHPBB or not), where sigs are automatically shown only once per page. That way everyone gets to have their sig, and have it say/show whatever, but you can't clutter up a page ala Fiend just now, as the board software would only show it once.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

And, funnily enough, your not winning any points with me with your a*** argument that signatures are like bank or credit card slips.

Was simply showing you how a thread would look. Which has been answered. It's crap. It looks rubbish.

ESPECIALLY on your own thread. Like, you start a thread about something, and then your sig file has to be included on every post in your own thread? Like, comon dude - that's like inviting someone to my house and then giving them a bloody business card every time I stand up.

Anyways, since this whole page would now loose it's point if I deleted my sig, it's going to have to stay for a while.

What about the other points regarding the screen width (you have limited it to cater for 1024 screen width and therefore given a lot of us 40% of blank screen at the edges...) etc etc etc?

Whatever, the site still works. Which is the main thing. Obviously behind the scenes you've done wonders.

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Whatever, the site still works. Which is the main thing. Obviously behind the scenes you've done wonders.

This is the most important part :)

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: supercharged eb

NSW, Australia

i dont know if its just me or if its evry one but the search just dont want to work for me any help ,i love just searching for randon stuff :D

..My fake plant died because I forgot to pretend to water it..

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

NSW, Australia

svo_matt wrote:
i dont know if its just me or if its evry one but the search just dont want to work for me any help ,i love just searching for randon stuff :D

Yeaaaah, it's still not working. been covered 10 times already.. but its ok, I wont flame you :P

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 25  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next