Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
What about if your supply the sun roof? How much is just an install?

Cheers

defeats the purpose of a group "buy" doesn't it!!

Just as a guide, I got the Hollandia 700 sunroof installed, very nice finish, TVS (tilt, vent, slide), is 2 stage programmable, has illuminating controls, and closes automatically on 'ignition off' (unless you want it to stay tilted or open, you can just press one of the two buttons).

I got this done for just on 2K so even $1750 would be a fairly good price, any lower and your doing real well. I recommend one for summer!!!

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

offyaguts wrote:
...closes automatically on 'ignition off' (unless you want it to stay tilted or open, you can just press one of the two buttons)...

Dave - does it have to close as you turn off and remove key or do you have a choice o having it close as you lock the car instead.
I will be getting the same roof in the fairlane before x-mas.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

come for a holiday to qld then :P

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Daniel wrote:
offyaguts wrote:
...closes automatically on 'ignition off' (unless you want it to stay tilted or open, you can just press one of the two buttons)...

Dave - does it have to close as you turn off and remove key or do you have a choice o having it close as you lock the car instead.
I will be getting the same roof in the fairlane before x-mas.

Yeah it does close automatically on ignition off, I'd say just due to being connected to an accessory wire. I suppose if you gave it constant power instead of accessory it wouldn't automatically close, and hooked it up to the central locking somehow you might get it to work but you'd have to have a chat to the installer.
I reckon it could work but I think your better off with it on ignition, cause if you want to leave the sunroof up or open while parked but locked, you wouldn't be able to do it.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

aww someone should give this ago in victoria >>looking at you daniel, as you brought it up first :)

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i see where your going Davo; thinking more along lines i like to leave my car in my drive unlocked, but with sunroof open with no keys in it.
(as stupid as this sounds nobody could take it as it has another car behind it and is nowhere out of sight) :P

Id be up for group install in vic; thing is id want it done quite soon and i do doubt it will go any cheaper than 2k for the Top Of The Range installed.

Really need to head down to Prestige n have a Chat I think; want it done abit differently than just slapped in like most cars.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ok the price i put down for the 700 is wrong...and has been updated...apparently he has to do some other crap with it...

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Daniel wrote:
i see where your going Davo; thinking more along lines i like to leave my car in my drive unlocked, but with sunroof open with no keys in it.
(as stupid as this sounds nobody could take it as it has another car behind it and is nowhere out of sight) :P

Id be up for group install in vic; thing is id want it done quite soon and i do doubt it will go any cheaper than 2k for the Top Of The Range installed.

Really need to head down to Prestige n have a Chat I think; want it done abit differently than just slapped in like most cars.

To clear this up a bit.....when you turn the ignition to 'off', you hear a beep, and there is a 3 second delay in which you can press button number '1' or '2' and it will stop the sunroof from closing. Therefore if you want it unlocked and the sunroof open, you just have to press a button before the 3 seconds and up/open she stays.

Thats how we get ours to stay up for photoshoots at cruises when left unlocked :wink:

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:55 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

VIC, Australia

Im very interested

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

offyaguts wrote:
Daniel wrote:

To clear this up a bit.....when you turn the ignition to 'off', you hear a beep, and there is a 3 second delay in which you can press button number '1' or '2' and it will stop the sunroof from closing. Therefore if you want it unlocked and the sunroof open, you just have to press a button before the 3 seconds and up/open she stays.

Thats how we get ours to stay up for photoshoots at cruises when left unlocked :wink:

OK, now we're making more sense - couldnt see why theyd force you to have it closed while not driving lol!

This sounds like a perfect compromise.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Ok mitch give me a hoi when u guy settle on price for the Hollinda Stratos 700 M and i'll be in....just for the momen I'll onl be going for supply unless the fitted package is really good....with the fuel drivin there might be cheaper for me to get it fitted in canberra cheers buddy

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Man I wish my Fairmont came from the factory with a sunroof. I want one really really bad but i just can't do it... knowing someone is going to hack into my baby with tin snips just kills me. I have troubles watching people taking my wheels off for fear of scratches let alone watching them hack into the roof.. :(

V8 Windsor here we come.....

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Any further news Mitch?

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

ny progress on this yet ando or still organising was a price on the 700 model finalised?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Can you post up details of the guy, I want to give him a ring tomorrow.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next