Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: FS - VIC - Various EL ECU's
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:58 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

To All,

Up for grabs at the moment are a number of EL ECU's, as listed below. All these ECU's have been tested in my own vehicle as working and confirmed as to actually what they are. In terms of being tested, I have installed the ECU into my car, driven a few km in them, then run a code reader to make sure there are no faults.

96DA-12A650-NB EL Gli/Futura Auto I6 Police ECU
What it does:
No Speed Limiter
Much more agressive auto shift points.
Will upshift into next gear at absolute redline in power mode. Actually will bounce off the rev limiter once before shifting gears.
Will not shift into 4th gear below 65km/h. Good for city/low speed driving. No more labouring in 4th gear and better performance.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont without any loss of features. Can be used in a Fairlane, but you will loose Speed Sensitive Steering.

96DA-12A650-DC NL Fairlane Auto I6 ECU
What it does:
Speed Sensitive Steering. Get the same easy steering feel as any Ghia / Fairlane / LTD. All you need additionally is the speed sensitive soleonid, which can be organised additionally.
Same performance and auto shift points as standard ECU.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont to gain the Speed Sensitive Steering.

96DA-12A650-LE EL GLi / Futura / Fairmont Sth African Export I6 Auto ECU
What it does:
Speed limiter is upped to 205km/h
Slightly more power due to less emissions requirements.
Same auto shift points as standard ECU.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont. Can be used in a Fairlane, but you will loose Speed Sensitive Steering.

As stated before, all ECU's are tested as working.

The ECU's are available at $300 each.

Just remember that these ECU's are not your average EL ECU. They are something different and quite rare. As far as I know the only way to get a police ECU it to buy an ex-cop car. There arent many Fairlanes around, let alone trying to find the ECU's from them. And the Sth African export ECU's will allow you to easily lift the speed limiter on your car, something not available at all in Oz.

I am located in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, and will offer install and test before you drive away if you want to pickup. Postage will be added to the cost for any buyers requesting postage.

Please PM me for any futher details or questions and if you wish to buy one of these ECU's.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

**BUMP**

I would have thought with all the posts regarding how much people hate their speed limiters, some of these ECU's would have been of interest.

New offer for everyone is postage will be included where required, and the free install and test for Melbourne buyers is still available.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon V8

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

have u tested my old ecu? if so was their a speed limiter?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

ovo616 wrote:

I didnt test it, but from memory is was the same part number as a standard I6 ECU. In which case it would be speed limited, as I have tested some of those previously on ther cars.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

arm79 wrote:
ovo616 wrote:

I didnt test it, but from memory is was the same part number as a standard I6 ECU. In which case it would be speed limited, as I have tested some of those previously on ther cars.

How do you know if you have a Speed limited ECU without going over 180km/h each time. like are their tell tale markings on placards any where on the car body etc to distinguish. Cause I actually did the earlier down Conrod at Mt Panorama earlier this year,( some of you Sydney folk will remember that cruise )and I must say their was no sign of any speed limiting at about 185km/h when I backed off. My EL wasn't even bouncing of the needle at all which I was expecting and I was still only sitting on 5000RPM and still felt it could go 20 km/h more :?: :? :? :?

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
arm79 wrote:
ovo616 wrote:

How do you know if you have a Speed limited ECU without going over 180km/h each time. like are their tell tale markings on placards any where on the car body etc to distinguish. Cause I actually did the earlier and I must say their was no sign of any speed limiting at about 185km/h when I backed off. My EL wasn't even bouncing of the needle at all which I was expecting and I was still only sitting on 5000RPM and still felt it could go 20 km/h more :?: :? :? :?

Well, I'll have to say that I did test everyone of these, which means I went over 180 each time... Thanks to my mate who owns a local farm with a nice long road.

There is a certain error in every speedo. My EL will get to about 183 then stop. But its definately not doing 5000rpm. 180 in my car is about 4000 rpm or so in 4th. And thats with a 3.45. It wont get to 180 in 3rd, so I dont know what yours is doing. Speedo could be fairly out.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

The NL ECU should have a limiter? I've bounced off one before.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

arm79 wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
arm79 wrote:
ovo616 wrote:

How do you know if you have a Speed limited ECU without going over 180km/h each time. like are their tell tale markings on placards any where on the car body etc to distinguish. Cause I actually did the earlier and I must say their was no sign of any speed limiting at about 185km/h when I backed off. My EL wasn't even bouncing of the needle at all which I was expecting and I was still only sitting on 5000RPM and still felt it could go 20 km/h more :?: :? :? :?

Well, I'll have to say that I did test everyone of these, which means I went over 180 each time... Thanks to my mate who owns a local farm with a nice long road.

There is a certain error in every speedo. My EL will get to about 183 then stop. But its definately not doing 5000rpm. 180 in my car is about 4000 rpm or so in 4th. And thats with a 3.45. It wont get to 180 in 3rd, so I dont know what yours is doing. Speedo could be fairly out.

Yeah you could have a point their cause I am running 215/60 series profiles on 15" rims with a stock 3.08 diff which I believe makes me do 98Km/h at actual 100km/h. The RPM 's I was doing may not be an exact recollection of that days events with my EL

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:17 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

PC EB wrote:
The NL ECU should have a limiter? I've bounced off one before.

I didnt say that it didnt have a limiter... It does, and I have bounced off them before as well.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:55 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

Quote:

Ah, that just confused me mate.

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia Sedan

VIC, Australia

yeah right u went to your mates farm, was that you who was FLYING down the geelong freeway the other night?

Also regarding the speedo, well lets put it this way, my car has 15" wheels (normal tires) 3:08 diff and when i went driving today, i borrowed my bros GPS unit, and according to that, we were doing 99 when speedo said we were doing around 108-109 so that should show just how muh a STANDARD speedo can be out by

1994 ford fairmont ghia - Currently 302 with T5 - Work in progress :P

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

comhelp wrote:
yeah right u went to your mates farm, was that you who was FLYING down the geelong freeway the other night?

Also regarding the speedo, well lets put it this way, my car has 15" wheels (normal tires) 3:08 diff and when i went driving today, i borrowed my bros GPS unit, and according to that, we were doing 99 when speedo said we were doing around 108-109 so that should show just how muh a STANDARD speedo can be out by

Faaark! That is a hell of a lot to be out by. I know for sure mine aint that much out cause a few times on the freeway I have passed those friendly " How fast are you going " Radar units which have your speed flashed up as you drive by them and it says I am doing roughly a few under of actual clock speed

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
comhelp wrote:

Faaark! That is a hell of a lot to be out by. I know for sure mine aint that much out cause a few times on the freeway I have passed those friendly " How fast are you going " Radar units which have your speed flashed up as you drive by them and it says I am doing roughly a few under of actual clock speed

Yerp, thats the norm however camhelps car aint nowhere near normal :P
Just think of all the speeding fines you wouldnt get if you drove 10km over all the time comhelp, sweet. (i dont suggest it tho, just in case it varies) :o

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Daniel wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
comhelp wrote:

Yerp, thats the norm however camhelps car aint nowhere near normal :P
Just think of all the speeding fines you wouldnt get if you drove 10km over all the time comhelp, sweet. (i dont suggest it tho, just in case it varies) :o

Thats probably why I haven't * Touch wood* received a Speeding ticket since I got my EL. Though I have probably frustrated a few fellow drivers at driving slower than I realised :wink: :D

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:08 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

comhelp wrote:

No, considering I did this testing some weeks ago...

And I dont do silly things like that on public roads... Its just dangerous.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next