Fordmods Logo

GROUP BUY - Stainless Steel Intakes for EF/EL/AU 

Page 21 of 30 [ 437 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 30  Next

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Type 1
Username / Paid or Not Paid
galapogos01 - Paid ($190 incl post, receipt no 88277385)
XHXR6 - Paid
madeaspack - paid
bald_princess - paid
Doofus - paid
Blue - Unpaid??? (I paid him but the next day i got the money back, I think he gave me the wrong account number, bit of a worry)
dragginwagon - Paid
Spoondog - Paid

Type 2
Wiggymk2 - Paid
Glowing EF - Paid
5tumpy- Paid
forsaken- Paid - been trying to work out a refund (since the first round of delays), no luck yet
BeastyEF - Paid (need to confirm that he has got payment as i didn't put in username when transfered money).

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

FAST-XR wrote:
i have run 2 group buys before (heatsheilds) and both times everyone got what i told them they would get, and got them in the time frame i told them...

fordmods has to change something here.
maybe by applying restirctions to the people that are allowed to organise group buys.

of course its never going to be fool proof and problems can happen! because some people just dont care as much as others!

some ideas would be
1. must be older than 21 (more responsible than a 17yr old)
2. must be a member for at least a year
3. must supply some sort of action plan, with a reasonable time frame
4. must say who will be doing the work (home job or done by someone professional)
5. must describe EXACTLY what is being made, and EVERYTHING that will be supplied. including what material, colours, specs, etc...
6. all templates, designs, and testing to be carried out prior to initiating a group buy ( this avoids such a long and drawn out process like this one!)
7. this must all me submitted to a moderator and approved by them (of course they accept no responsibilty) but at least it will reduce the chance of an un organised group buy going wrong...

i know this has nothing to do with intakes, but hey, someone has to say something and put forward some ideas to stop such crap from happening all the time! because after this group buy, a lot of people will hesitate to participate in one again!

thats my 2 cents!

A message to everyone who is involved or not please read our policy on group buys. It has been around for well over a year so there is no excuse for people not reading it!

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/attentio ... 36468.html

We are limited in what we can do, we are always willing to help people start a group buy providing some guidance but if people don't ask what can we do?

FordMods does NOT take responsibility for anything that goes wrong, nor can we simply "ban" all or some people from organising them.

If you read the above group buy link and still think it can be improved then speak up, but keep in mind any group buy is between you and the seller, the moderators are not involved!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

However - I will continue to do what i can, As said i have stompers full Details so if this does go pear shaped i will give all involved his full details to give to the police!

He has 7 more days to come up with something

Nicko

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

SA, Australia

Type 1
XHXR6 - Paid
madeaspack - paid
bald_princess - paid
Doofus - paid
Blue - Unpaid??? (I paid him but the next day i got the money back, I think he gave me the wrong account number, bit of a worry)
dragginwagon - Paid
Spoondog - Paid

Type 2
Wiggymk2 - Paid
Glowing EF - Paid
5tumpy- Paid
forsaken- Paid - been trying to work out a refund (since the first round of delays), no luck yet
BeastyEF - Paid (need to confirm that he has got payment as i didn't put in username when transfered money).
Freak6 - unpaid - this is why i said id pay when i pic it up.

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 97 EL Fairmont

Power: 247 rwkw

SA, Australia

Going to help ben with the intakes today. Will give an update tonight

1998 EL XR8 - Opt 20, Explorer Manifold, Pacemaker 4000's, Sunroof, BBQ Fuel

1975 XB Falcon 500 - 351 2V, Toploader, Twin 2.5", Genie headers, Holley 750

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks Simon - im a bit p****d that he has not gotten on here and updated after i spoke to him.

I have spoken to police down here and will give the senior constable an update on monday as to whats going on

Stomper has yet to reply to my sms yesterday

Nicko

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

Would have thought he'd come on here and try and clear it up before it goes further.. :\

Perhaps change the #2 rule of the Group buy sticky to "Must be at least 21years of age to commence a group buy!"

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 97 EL Fairmont

Power: 247 rwkw

SA, Australia

Just an update, on wednesday he was painting them. I did not end up catching up with him, only spoke to him over the phone.

I am in canberra at the moment, so I will not be able to check up until monday or so.

1998 EL XR8 - Opt 20, Explorer Manifold, Pacemaker 4000's, Sunroof, BBQ Fuel

1975 XB Falcon 500 - 351 2V, Toploader, Twin 2.5", Genie headers, Holley 750

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

doofus wrote:
Would have thought he'd come on here and try and clear it up before it goes further.. :\

Perhaps change the #2 rule of the Group buy sticky to "Must be at least 21years of age to commence a group buy!"

Why? Age doesn't necessarily mean maturity... What does that post contribute to the thread anyway?

Thanks for the update 1800...

Nicko, what did the police say? IF we don't get our intakes are they going to be able to do anything about it?

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

it will be something you will all have to take up individually with your police station.
You will need to file a report - I think it will come under obtaining property by deception.

I have stompers full details that i will distribute mid next week if people are yet to receive an update from stomper or there intakes.
You will use this details with teh olice
you will need to dig up a statement with the proof money was transferred to stomper.
The victorian police should be able to liase with the SA police station in his area and hopefully they ake contact with him

Nicko

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 BA MKII XR8 Ute

VIC, Australia

Type 1
XHXR6 - Paid
madeaspack - paid
bald_princess - paid
Doofus - paid
dragginwagon - Paid
Spoondog - Paid

Type 2
Wiggymk2 - Paid
Glowing EF - Paid
5tumpy- Paid
Freak6 - unpaid - this is why i said id pay when i pic it up.
[Sh4UN0] - Paid

The Ute's Numbers
Dyno Day - 218 rwkw
Drag Day - 15.00

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

sorry for not repling i have been having trouble getting to the net and with my new job im working 12 hours a day on a building site 7 days a week so when i get home i fall sleep almost as soon as i sit down.

I have the intakes here. I have started cleaning them up and painting them matt black. So far they are looking good but it takes me about 20 mins per pipe and with 45 pieces of pipe thats a long time.

I still havnt recieved postal address from many of you. IF YOU KNOW THIS IS YOU THEN PM ME.

As for sms's and my phone number. I left my phone on a cab, i have to go into the vodaphone shop and get a replacement sim but i dont have time for that so i been using my old number.
---->Can nicko please post this up because i dont know the number.

Im tring my hardest here to get these intakes done. I have had a few friends helping me out to get them cleaned and painted.

BUT I REALLY NEED YOU GUYS TO ME ME YOUR ADDRESS. Ill make up a list this week of who has given me their address. I think it will also be best that if you have sent me your address then just send another to be sure. (just incase i cant find the pm and its not in my records).

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Maybe you should let people who bought an intake, paint it matt black themselves if they want to, as im sure most of them would rather have a polished finished?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: R33

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

thanks for the update mate, but quick question why are u painting them matt black, i had the impression that they were going to be chrome like the pics on the first page.

R33 GTS-T - 222.6rwkw
EF - 142rwkw

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

yeh so did i, prefer if you leave mine not painted.

Sort by  
 Page 21 of 30  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 30  Next