Fordmods Logo

Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6 

Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Went to a Commodore wrecker today, (shudder)... :x .. :shock: .. but unfortunately I had to get a power steering pump and resevoir, off a VS commodore to set up on the car, cause the Ford ones have their resevoir set up with the pumps, and I need all the room I can get, to set up the Eaton, soooo, another job closer to the installation, get there one day.... :D

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:32 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

dont worry about the bmm runner leghth makes no difference whwn under pressure , ive fitted my m90 to the mpi on a nc fairlane it blows through intercooler then back into the manifold where throtle body used to live

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6

VIC, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
dont worry about the bmm runner leghth makes no difference whwn under pressure , ive fitted my m90 to the mpi on a nc fairlane it blows through intercooler then back into the manifold where throtle body used to live

Are pics of your setup available mate???

1992 EBII 5L Fairmont Ghia Wagon
1999 XR6 6 Speed manual
Build Thread

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Denim wrote:
Went to a Commodore wrecker today, (shudder)... :x .. :shock: .. but unfortunately I had to get a power steering pump and resevoir, off a VS commodore...

DO NOT use GM plastic power steering reservoirs, they quite often fail and split/crack. I work at a Holden service centre and the ammount of reservoirs we see damaged is quite staggering. Aluminium/steel aftermarket reservoirs for performance applications are becoming available for the Holden guys because of this problem.

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:58 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
Denim wrote:
Went to a Commodore wrecker today, (shudder)... :x .. :shock: .. but unfortunately I had to get a power steering pump and resevoir, off a VS commodore...

DO NOT use GM plastic power steering reservoirs, they quite often fail and split/crack. I work at a Holden service centre and the ammount of reservoirs we see damaged is quite staggering. Aluminium/steel aftermarket reservoirs for performance applications are becoming available for the Holden guys because of this problem.

Kewl, greatly appreciated for that, as the resevoir they gave me looks well beyond its use by date,

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

Denim wrote:
fordman351 wrote:
Denim wrote:

Kewl, greatly appreciated for that, as the resevoir they gave me looks well beyond its use by date,

evrything holden is past its use by date right?? lol

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

sorry working to hard , hope these pics ok

Attachments:
Image015.jpg
Image015.jpg [ 13.54 KiB | Viewed 668 times ]
Image014.jpg
Image014.jpg [ 22.83 KiB | Viewed 658 times ]
Image013.jpg
Image013.jpg [ 18.88 KiB | Viewed 640 times ]
Image011.jpg
Image011.jpg [ 23.38 KiB | Viewed 660 times ]

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Post subject: 6 cyl supercharger
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

IS that kit on the fairlane who was it fitted by? Is it intercooled etc?

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

that looks great! good job done there!

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:11 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Thats a very good and interesting setup, only problem is, the inlet manifold, would cost an arm an a leg if you can find one, not to mention a setup like that would require the water to air intercooling, which would make the setup a lot more expensive. its nice and neat tho.... today I found out my timing cover was cracked, and the timing chain and guide were stuffed also, all through the broken rocker, still cant find the piece, so, our guess its now in the sump, I feel this was caused through negligence when installing the new lifters, but something I cant prove, and have to wear it..

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:40 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

supercharger out of the us of ebay for 200.00us , the manifold is the orig nc mpi that came with the car it only mounts the blower and the intercooler is off ebay 150.00 and is air to air and actually works to well reducing boost by 1 psi works better on hot day or with cardboard blockin half of it

Long and Very Nice

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Futura

QLD, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
supercharger out of the us of ebay for 200.00us , the manifold is the orig nc mpi that came with the car it only mounts the blower and the intercooler is off ebay 150.00 and is air to air and actually works to well reducing boost by 1 psi works better on hot day or with cardboard blockin half of it

Hey mate. What have you got the supercharger bolted to. Did you get brackets made or is it easy enough to do yourself? How much more space do you have available, do you think you could mount the m112 in the same way??

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:35 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

you may have noticed that the blower is off a 3.8l mustang its mounted upside down on the three original mountings i welded three blocks of alloy to the manfold runners no1 and no3 drilled taped the holes the hat of the blower discharges down and forward into 2.5 tube that runs around the front of the standard eecv air box fitted with k&n element italso has 4" ba boss cold air intake under headlight the 2.5 runs down behind the indicator through the bumper bracket into the fmic intercooler(three times larger than the orig mustang)it then turns backthrough the rad panel and follows the frame rail to a throtle body adaptor in the orig posi . the m112 would mount in nearly the same posi at the rear because the snout is shorter the au top water neck and land cruiser top hose allow the belt to run of the orig tensioner and back to the air con all work by me you may also notice its on lpg aswell no power figures only one working dyno in hobart at moment but can dust hsv anyday if i can get traction and thats on lpg

Long and Very Nice

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:38 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

xfpaul wrote:

Yea you can find cheap superchargers with inlet manifolds but they do NOT suit the fords here, PLUS you do not know the condition of the superchargers, ALSO taking into account thats U.S dollars, plus the cost in bringing it out here,not to mention the bypass valve and the condition of that, so its a BIG risk buying a used and not a recoed supercharger from overseas, theyre not round the corner if somethings wrong with it to just go back and return it, I was looking for a number of them not just one of bargains, and a place that honors their warranty.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:45 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Also with an M90 you NEED to make sure you use the right injectors, aftermarket computer, another fuel pump, and so on, IF you want to set it up right and get the most out of it, its not an SC14 where you can ignore these other modifications.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next