Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6 

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:13 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Has anyone installed an Eaton supercharger, a M90 or an M112 on their EL6, if so what sort of power have you got from it, what sort of complications have you come across in installing it, where on the engine (which side) have you installed it, Im interested as Im having 1 of each coming to me, and would like to know as much as possible on them... :)

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

There are kits available for mounting them (Yella terra iirc)

You need to mount it on its side and use a custom manifold. You need to make a custom snout to reach the belt. Lots of work and there are better superchargers that are easier to fit.

the m112 might be worth the effort

here are some pics ive collected...

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Greatly appreciated on the pics StockStandard, I want to try setting it up with an intercooler also, using the standard intake, cause the Eatons are good for heating up the air a lil too much, which means it will be setup without the manifold that one is set up on...

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

better off getting a capa kit. i don't see where you'd fit an eaton without going onto the manifold like that (maybe over the exhaust headers but that's gunna be hot).
also got to consider with that your getting rid of the BBM so the standard ECU's not going to be happy.
Get a capa kit and you keep the BBM easy enough to plumb to an intercooler to. and the fueling and ecu side of things are taken care off.
yes more expensive probably and don't get all the diy please (justb the fitment part), but probably a safer route if you've got limits.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I would forget about intercooling. The piping will be a nightmare and the temperatures wont be that high anyway. If you are really worried go water/methanol injection.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:08 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
better off getting a capa kit. i don't see where you'd fit an eaton without going onto the manifold like that (maybe over the exhaust headers but that's gunna be hot).
also got to consider with that your getting rid of the BBM so the standard ECU's not going to be happy.
Get a capa kit and you keep the BBM easy enough to plumb to an intercooler to. and the fueling and ecu side of things are taken care off.
yes more expensive probably and don't get all the diy please (justb the fitment part), but probably a safer route if you've got limits.

Well I am going to use a Capa computer, and the best place with some sort of room would be over the exhaust but some sort of shield would have to be made so it didnt get too hot, Ive been in contact with Capa, they only sell the supercharger and some parts, thats all, mounting kits are far and few between for these, and some have actually said that I (thru an engineering shop) might be better off making my own mounting bracket
The only one available I sourced out was fitting it where the air/con condensor is, and that makes the job even more difficult, I may have to sit it above the headers, with maybe a bulge in the bonnet, and as far as the plumbing is concerned, I dont see it any more of a problem than setting up a turbo, I was reading Yella Terras writeup (plus others on the net) on the Eaton which warrants an intercooler, if I am going to get out the most from it.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6

VIC, Australia

Denim wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

Well I am going to use a Capa computer, and the best place with some sort of room would be over the exhaust but some sort of shield would have to be made so it didnt get too hot, Ive been in contact with Capa, they only sell the supercharger and some parts, thats all, mounting kits are far and few between for these, and some have actually said that I (thru an engineering shop) might be better off making my own mounting bracket
The only one available I sourced out was fitting it where the air/con condensor is, and that makes the job even more difficult, I may have to sit it above the headers, with maybe a bulge in the bonnet, and as far as the plumbing is concerned, I dont see it any more of a problem than setting up a turbo, I was reading Yella Terras writeup (plus others on the net) on the Eaton which warrants an intercooler, if I am going to get out the most from it.

if you made it mount normal you should have room for a water to air cooler below then directly into the manifold. what kind of l does the m112 flow and is it a twin screw or a roots blower?

1992 EBII 5L Fairmont Ghia Wagon
1999 XR6 6 Speed manual
Build Thread

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Capa only chip the factory ECU's. So it's just a modification of the factory ECU. I doubt it's got enough adjustment to cop nicely with such a vastly different intake system and make the necesary timing changes.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:18 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Well I FINALLY got my superchargers the other night, M90's and a M112, LOVE to fit the M112 on my car but finances tell me otherwise and so Im going to install the M90, now comes the hard part of sourcing out certain parts, as I want to set them up as kits mainly to suit EA thru to the EL 6cyl range, and give the buyer the option of an inlet manifold setup or a bracket to set it up elsewhere with an intercooler, I want to keep the price of the kit as low as possible making it within easy reach of most.
The kit will come with factory warranty on parts, and the range of superchargers will be, M62, M90 and the M112, once I source out the parts I require I will have a definite price on the kits, I'm only just starting this little venture, and will see how it goes from there, if theres any interest in these kits or the superchargers alone, just send me a private msg please.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:21 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I SHOULD stress out also, they are NOT used superchargers, nor new ones, they are FULLY reconditioned with warranty, which is yet to be worked out.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

Good luck sourcing parts, you may have to manufacture the manifold yourself, then incorporating an intercooler should be fun.
You have a bit of R&D ahead of you.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

M62??? The M90 is barely worth fitting to a stock 4.0, the M62 is going to be a waste of $$$.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

opto wrote:
Good luck sourcing parts, you may have to manufacture the manifold yourself, then incorporating an intercooler should be fun.

true but i hope it all goes good for you denim... good to see someone stepping out and trying something different

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:44 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
M62??? The M90 is barely worth fitting to a stock 4.0, the M62 is going to be a waste of $$$.

The M62 is aimed at 3lt mtrs, its why Im looking at those also, I am NOT putting together high performance kits, THEY COST MONEY, which is something most of us are short on, rather, its meant to fill a gap, the M90 is ideal for the 4.L mtr the kw's output is not all that high, but the torque it produces makes it viable, read up on the Eatons, I have been talking to various people in the know, about these superchargers, (not 20 yr old mechanics) NO offence meant to any, but people the likes of Harrops, Yella Terra, Herrods, who deal with but ALSO have experimented with these superchargers, so Im not going from the top of MY head about these kits, I have gone deeply into them before I placed my order, now its only a matter of how much its going to cost in putting it all together, at the moment, Im in the process of setting one up in my car, it'll be interesting to see just what the outcome is.. :D

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:55 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Shum's EL wrote:
opto wrote:

true but i hope it all goes good for you denim... good to see someone stepping out and trying something different

Well one of the reasons I do it is because I paid a great deal of money to get modifications done to my car, and, there are many like me who would LOVE to have that extra 40 to 60 extra kw's, but more importantly, that extra torque, power, performance, whatever you want to call it, and to me, this is a good and fairly economical way of doing it, so long as the setup is right, its why Im trying to source out ALL the parts required to do the job properly, and try and pass the savings on to you and others. :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next