Fordmods Logo

*Group Buy tuned length polished stainless turbo manifolds* 

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: *Group Buy tuned length polished stainless turbo manifolds*
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

After quite a number of email/PM’s from you guys inquiring about buying turbo equipment, I've spoken to Geoff Carter from Snort Performance about trying to organize a group buy of tuned length stainless steel turbo manifolds.

Provided we get enough people, Geoff is happy to do a group buy discount for all fordmods members :D . These details will have to be confirmed, but at the moment the deal will be able to supply a full tuned length polish stainless steel manifold at an exceptional price. It will have a multi-fit turbo flange which will accept anything from the small T3 right up to a GT45.

This is a completely new manifold design from anything Snort Performance has done before and will be base on a top mount internally gated turbo setup(external Gate option will cost more but can be done). I’ve seen a prototype of this manifold and it is the best design I’ve seen to date, with a great flow design.

The best thing, is if we can get 10 people together the price will be very close to $650.

I’m in the process of getting some photos and some firm details, and will post them as soon as they come in.

If you are interested in turboing your falcon, now is the time. This is a tuned length polished stainless manifold for the price of a basic log style cast metal manifold.

More details and pictures soon..

Cheers
Tim

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Sounds good nice work dude....ok so if the 10 person discount is near $650 whats the rrp ? cheers Kev

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

somewhere over $1000 not exactly sure... I think the going rate for the standard manifolds is $1000, and these ones are much much better.. :D

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

sounds good .. I wait and check out them pics before saying more :P

Cheers again

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thats a great deal, anyone seting up a turbo falc should jump on this offer... very good quality from the Snort guys

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R33 GTR

VIC, Australia

how do these compare to 6boost's manifolds?

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R33 GTR

VIC, Australia

either way i would be interested!

will keep an eye out for the group buy to start..

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I wish someone could do the same for the V8 windsor boys, I am sure if we could get turbo manifolds for that price, there would be some smoking Falc's out there !!!!!

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Is the manifold exactly the same for all I6 falcons from EA to AU or are they different between models? Also are there any VL manifolds and would these be considered for the group buy as well? I'm asking this on behalf of my brother?

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

i may be interested. will he be doing any other deals?

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

Q. the head flange and turbo flange mounting pionts are they stainless steel plate aslo ??

you said all stainless steel tuned length runners merging into one collector YES/NO

If one is using a internal gated turbo but its a twin scroll exhaust housing on the turbo how is the turbo mount arranged where the tuned length runners meet the flange ?

is it all 6 pipes merge into one collector ?

or

is it two groups of cylinders 1,2,3 merge into one scroll of the turbo housing and cylinders 4,5,6 merge into the other scroll of the turbo

need to know as im running a twin scroll exhaust housing turbo, and i just priced a single scroll for my turbo and it isnt cheap thats why im asking

possible would be interested depending on the setup

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Any date planned for this? if its in a few weeks then ill deffinately be in for a external gated one.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

you say tunned length..

But what exactly are they tunned for??

any one can throw together a bunch of pipes the same length and call it tunned. but it's pointless if the characteristics of that length and pipe size do nothing for the way the rest of the setup is designed

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: KE70 Panelvan

QLD, Australia

As far as tuned length goes, in most cases you have to build what fits. People generalise the term tuned length, when they are in fact meaning equal length runners, IE most effort is taken into getting the pipes close to equal in length to each other.

It would surprise most people how little a difference various factors make in manifold design. The biggest 3 that makes large differences are pipe diameter, collector design/enrty angles of pipes, and rough length of pipes. Having equal length runners, as in tryin to make all the runners the same length within 1-2cm, make within 2-5hp difference over 6-8" difference in length, or, 50% total length. Spool is also not effected.

The overall length of the pipes moves the powerband around. Short overall pipes, such as a log or similar move the powerband down with faster spool, longer runners make more peak hp and lose bottom end power in most circumstances. Big Diameter pipes as a lot of people use also kill off spool and midrange power, while adding very little top end. It slows gass velocit down, which makes teh collector and turbine less efficent.

Collector design is possible the most important, aqnd wher I have focused all my testing. Overall, the biggest things to look for in a manifold resonable length, not to big a pipe, and that all the pipes come together nicely with none pointing in at cross angles to the others. With these traits, most manifolds in my testing and experience are very similar. I'm sure the Snort manifolds will work fantastically, and at a great price.

6BOOST

6boost.com turbo manifolds, makin your ford screeeeeeeeeeeam!

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

SA, Australia

are the stainless manifolds prone to cracking??

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next