Post subject: Re: Moving ba xr6 turbo intercooler
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Kenay wrote:
67RCE wrote:
150rwkw in a stock AU 6? Get your hand off it mate. OED666 has an N/A ED with an AU motor, headwork, cam, Pacie Comps, 3" zorst, T56, 4.11s and pulled 165rwkw and ran a 13.8. Your stock POS will be lucky to run a 15.999 and pull 115rwkw

well mate i think i nearly p****d myself reading this comment plus the others i have actually seen the dyno print out plus spoken to the block who tuned it i, and i guarantee it is 147rwkw more now that all the leaks are fixed.
i have never heard that a manual transmission gives you more power only that it changes the ratio's correct me if im wrong.
ouch 3" "zorst" thats a bit over kill for a 6 with only minor work

Being completely neutral in this post:

a torque converter is something like 30% less efficient then a clutch, plus even after its locked up auto's seem to leech power.

Also I don't know OED's car, but if it ran a 13.8 then I doubt its minor work, and 3in isn't overkill if you're trying to pull times down the quarter, considering as soon as your out of first gear your car doesn't spend any time in low revs.

147rwkw is very high for an intake, exhaust and a tune, I daresay (don't get offended) if you ran it on a different dyno you might get a very different result. In the end take it to the quarter, cause times run don't lie.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

OED has also got a chip, sorry, build cost - just over $4.5k. The T56 wasn't in at the time of the 13.8 nor was the headwork. It obtains 7-8L/100km on the highway with 4.11's and the T56, cant be too highly modified

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2001 AU falcon

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
Kenay wrote:
67RCE wrote:
150rwkw in a stock AU 6? Get your hand off it mate. OED666 has an N/A ED with an AU motor, headwork, cam, Pacie Comps, 3" zorst, T56, 4.11s and pulled 165rwkw and ran a 13.8. Your stock POS will be lucky to run a 15.999 and pull 115rwkw

well mate i think i nearly p****d myself reading this comment plus the others i have actually seen the dyno print out plus spoken to the block who tuned it i, and i guarantee it is 147rwkw more now that all the leaks are fixed.
i have never heard that a manual transmission gives you more power only that it changes the ratio's correct me if im wrong.
ouch 3" "zorst" thats a bit over kill for a 6 with only minor work

Being completely neutral in this post:

a torque converter is something like 30% less efficient then a clutch, plus even after its locked up auto's seem to leech power.

Also I don't know OED's car, but if it ran a 13.8 then I doubt its minor work, and 3in isn't overkill if you're trying to pull times down the quarter, considering as soon as your out of first gear your car doesn't spend any time in low revs.

147rwkw is very high for an intake, exhaust and a tune, I daresay (don't get offended) if you ran it on a different dyno you might get a very different result. In the end take it to the quarter, cause times run don't lie.

true times dont lie but i can agree that the dynos can and may have but they bloke said it did extremely well on the dyno thats the first thing he said to me when i asked how it went then he went on to say i got a hell of alot more power down low which lead to a great increase in the higher gears as well and lots of torque btut neway come august i eill have about 4 and a half grand to spend on the car lol
so gunna get a whole lot of engine work done so even if its not 147 now it will be well and truly over that once im done with it

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

just browsing the depths of the forums and came across this..... any updates??
are you still alive even???

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yeah im still alive lol theres no updates still just not sure what im gunna do lol i can turbo the au because the snort kit only cost 3500 which is fairly good for what u get. with the tune they reckon between 200-250 rwkw im only aiming for 200 anyway or i could sell my car and get a small loan and find a ba xr6t.
but the au option is lookin better atm
would need a new transmission though hmmm

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

k i know its allmost been a year but big update im picking up my BF MKII XR6 TURBO on Tuesday but keeping my car until august when im fully licensed to drive it

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

good work mate BF MKII with forged internals..? you beauty.. manual or auto.. is it stock?

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

104ord wrote:
good work mate BF MKII with forged internals..? you beauty.. manual or auto.. is it stock?

honestly i dont know if it has forged internal. it is the 2006 MKII if that helps. It is auto and totally stock and 6 speed auto

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

if its built after june 06 it will have the stronger internals... good move with the auto.. much quicker than the manuals... well done

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 9  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9