Fordmods Logo

My Turbo EL 

Page 10 of 25 [ 370 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

yeh sure am

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:25 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

hey dude i know of a lot of people that have had bad exsperiences at hyperdrive! i wouldnt use them personaly! for example one of my mates went there for a ls1edit tune and it was running s**t after! took it to another place got less kw but more torque! which is what u wont! id try speedworks or trg super dyno! (trg super dyno tune that 10sec supercharged xr6! so they no what there doing... jst a thought!

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

hyperdrive are an autronic dealer though, id want them to tune it

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

Are you getting a lot of wastegate creep which is causing to boost to rise so slowly?

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

slycruza wrote:
took it to another place got less kw but more torque!!

by that comment, its clear you dont understand the maths behind what a kw actually is...

kw is basically the calculation of (torque ftlb x rpm)/5252)*.74

SO, what that means is that to lose kw, you must either lose torque, or make the same torue at a lower rpm.. therefore, wherever your kw rating is down, is becuase you have dropped torque

i know what you are referring to, and that is it made more low rpm torque, and lost high rpm torque (or as you refer to it kw)

people just call low rpm power torque, and high rpm power kw, cos if you plot it on a graph, the toqrue curve is the one that peaks earlier

BTW, a dyno can only measure two things... roller rpm, and the torque being driven into it. it cant measure a kw, thats just a calculated number

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

So really they just shifted the power curve down in the rpm range... more timing off boost will do that ( in a very general way of speaking )

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

slycruza wrote:
hey dude i know of a lot of people that have had bad exsperiences at hyperdrive! i wouldnt use them personaly! for example one of my mates went there for a ls1edit tune and it was running s**t after! took it to another place got less kw but more torque! which is what u wont! id try speedworks or trg super dyno! (trg super dyno tune that 10sec supercharged xr6! so they no what there doing... jst a thought!

lol first ive herd of it! i have been tonld my many ppl that glen is 1 of the best tuners in wa. pluse have been told by rayhall that he is 1 of the best autronic tuners around

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Blu Falc wrote:
Are you getting a lot of wastegate creep which is causing to boost to rise so slowly?

no, the wastgate has a 5psi spring in it. so that means that the waste gate opens at 5 psi. my problem is that the exhaust gasses can not exit fast enough because of the way i positioned it.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fritzz wrote:
Blu Falc wrote:

no, the wastgate has a 5psi spring in it. so that means that the waste gate opens at 5 psi. my problem is that the exhaust gasses can not exit fast enough because of the way i positioned it.

So what is the wastegate doing at 2.5psi? opening up halfway or do you have electronic boost control.
Unless you have electronic boost control the wastegate will open before the threshold boost set by the spring

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

my problem has nothing to do with the wastegate opening to erly. wastegate creep will give a lower boost pressure than the spring. i am getting 9psi more than i should.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

double

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

hey mr fitzz.

i have been pondering our situations all day... and came to the conclusion, that for you, i'd imagine its going to be a real pain the a*** to get anything done about your manifold?? would you get someone local to modify it? send it back to kyle?? what if you get it modified, as i have done a couple of times to my mani now, and its still not 100%

i would be peaking if i had bought something like this and had dramas with it, and couldnt modify it myself

i took my car out again tonight, it seems i may just use it as is, but will have to run 15psi base boost pressure.... FUN. i wanted to run 15psi anyway, just wanted a 7psi low setting too

why dont you just run it with the 13psi that it makes??

cheers, brad

OH, btw m8, have you put a timing light over all your cylinders for me yet??

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fritzz wrote:
my problem has nothing to do with the wastegate opening to erly. wastegate creep will give a lower boost pressure than the spring. i am getting 9psi more than i should.

sorry I mis read your post

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ebs_4l wrote:
hey mr fritzz.

i have been pondering our situations all day... and came to the conclusion, that for you, i'd imagine its going to be a real pain the a*** to get anything done about your manifold?? would you get someone local to modify it? send it back to kyle?? what if you get it modified, as i have done a couple of times to my mani now, and its still not 100%

i would be peaking if i had bought something like this and had dramas with it, and couldnt modify it myself

i took my car out again tonight, it seems i may just use it as is, but will have to run 15psi base boost pressure.... FUN. i wanted to run 15psi anyway, just wanted a 7psi low setting too

why dont you just run it with the 13psi that it makes??

cheers, brad

OH, btw m8, have you put a timing light over all your cylinders for me yet??

yes i am going to leave it how it is for now (even though i would like it to come on harder).

i am going to modify it myself when i have a new gearbox, diff, turbo and cam. once all that is done i will take it bak to get tuned.

yes the timing is all good, i didnt need to do the mode. every thing is perfect when the lead angle is set at 89degrees. i also got hyperdrive to cheak it all, and they said it was fine.

i realy want the boost controller bak on, because the boost come on so hard it wasnt funny but with it on there is to much boost.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

fritzz wrote:
yes the timing is all good, i didnt need to do the mode. every thing is perfect when the lead angle is set at 89degrees. i also got hyperdrive to cheak it all, and they said it was fine.

i realy want the boost controller bak on, because the boost come on so hard it wasnt funny but with it on there is to much boost.

well, put the boost controller back on dude, all youll have to do is set the boost setpoint to 190kpa... then itll keep the gate closed til 13psi, then open it, it wont make it run too much boost, no more than 13psi anyway

oh, and with the timing, seriously dude, i dont beleive it would be all fine without the chopper being moved... it may well be, but hey, if you wanna bet your engine on it....

also, i bet my balls they didnt bother to check the timing of all cylinders?????? for example, i have one cylinder with a ign trim of -5.5degrees... 4 of my cylinders needed trimming. most were a degree or two, but still. an extra 5 degrees on one cylinder that you dont know about will soon turn that piston into an ashtray

not trying to be rude, its just, i know the problems that have been associated with this setup, me and another guy tried all sorts, i got it working, he didnt trust his engine with it so went with a twin hall sensor magna dizzy setup. AND you say, youve done nothing and it happens to be working 100% FINE??

oh, check your balancer, if you dont have 3 tdc marks, then id bet they didnt check timing on all cylinders

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 25  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next