Fordmods Logo

Positive Displacement Charger question 

Page 10 of 16 [ 234 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
What prices were you getting to come to a $10,000 turbo install? Can you list out where it all goes?

If you go low boost then the same mods would need to be done to cope with your bolt on raptor kit anyway.

Hopefully I can do this without derailing the thread, if not I'll call for an admin to wipe it.

OK, this is $3364...

Then on top of that there's:
W2A Intercooler 1500
Injectors & Pump 800
Pipes, fittings etc 1000
Installation labour 2000
Tuning 1000
Which adds to another $6300, making a total of $9664 before any overruns, and I haven't made provision for things like a fuel reg or 2-bar MAP sensor.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

does any1 realise that this guy has the same power figure as EB_V8's LS1?? See any similarities between the two??????

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:57 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Errrr.... no??? Which guy, which power figure (there are 2 in this thread) and what's the significance? And are you saying there's an EB going around with an LS1 fitted?

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

sly wrote:
Errrr.... no??? Which guy, which power figure (there are 2 in this thread) and what's the significance? And are you saying there's an EB going around with an LS1 fitted?

lol, eb_v8 must have been around before you joined the site, but basically was a troll who baited people and get threads locked. Every now and then, imitations come up.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Smiley, EB V8/xr6tcitric has better grammar.

Sly, your're comparing a turbo setup that is good for 400rkw, to a centrifugal blower that can't spin over 12psi.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:20 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Sly, your're comparing a turbo setup that is good for 400rkw, to a centrifugal blower that can't spin over 12psi.

I was only looking for about 1/2 of that. I looked at the GT3582 / 6boost combo for early spoolup without choking off the top end. I might do it in a project car down the track, with an upgraded bottom end, and see how close to 400 I can get...it'll cost more than 10 grand but.

And the magic number is 14, not 12. I'd better stop this LOL, and positively displace myself to bed.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Grammar schmamer.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Post subject: Re: Positive Displacement Charger question
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:18 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

[/quote]
They start "under $10,000", probably $9,995 LOL. I think that includes fitting through Repco so is a drive-in/drive-out price. 2 other tuners which have 3-letter initials starting with "BP" also do Whipple or Kenne Belle kits for the 5.4 Boss. You'll find them on AFF.

Not so sure if you're thinking retro and another Windsor.

A 10psi positive displacement setup will give you most of the 10psi from idle. If a low-boosting M90 (5? psi) can make a GM V6 deliver torque like a lazy V8, a 2.3-litre Whipple or similar will make a Boss feel like a big Cummins diesel from idle, while still playing ball right through the top end. I was just looking at a dyno chart of a BF GT fitted with the Yella Terra kit, 380rwkw and still climbing at 5800rpm.[/quote]

the workshop you're referring to would be BPT Motorsport over here in WA.... The same BPT who built my turbo eseries....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Post subject: Re: Positive Displacement Charger question
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:17 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Priestly007 wrote:
the workshop you're referring to would be BPT Motorsport over here in WA.... The same BPT who built my turbo eseries....

That is correct, they are a site sponsor here... BUT I did say:
Quote:
2 other tuners which have 3-letter initials starting with "BP"

So I'm not referring to just 1 workshop. The other isn't a sponsor here, so I'll leave it at that.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

badcooky wrote:
Grammar schmamer.

Busted LOL

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EAII Falcon S

QLD, Australia

lol, dont you people ever sleep in on a saturday?

Kenne Belle has some really nice units but without ever checking prices i assumed they are expensive.

Speed Safely! ;-)

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
hahaha, I'm just telling the truth.
Blowers with internal belt drives shred belts when you spin them too fast.
You can "aircool" them, you can run tricky belts, whatever.
It still happens.
And I think it's wrong to push them without highlighting that.

I think most of us here are aware of the internal belt drive problem. did you know powerdyne just release the new gear drive{ XB-1A } unit for the BD-10. the unit is a bolt on replacement for the current useless silent drive unit thats capable of 18psi.

there is a mob in NZ who are way ahead that makes their own gear drives for their centri chargers years ago. they flow 1950CFM, thats double or more air delivery then whats available at the moment, apart from pro-charger. I know who they are but I'm not going to spam them in here. LOL

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Last edited by Slick on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

sly wrote:
I was under the impression though that a centri blower took less power to drive at low rpms than a PD blower as it isn't turning fast enough to generate much aerodynamic resistance. I've not had much success finding hard facts about their effects at lower revs, so I've timed a series of 0-60ft runs as a "before" benchmark and will do the same after I fit it, run it in and have the tune checked. If I get the chance to run some 1/4's I'll post them too... but that may take some time as I'll most likely hit the wagon's speed limiter with the 3.73 diff... 180km/h with a 3.23 diff becomes 153 (95mph) with 3.73.

The screw types like lysholm, whipple and keene bell dont create much low speed drag at all since they use the screws and not vanes. also the roots type with the vanes setup can cavitate at higher rpm, making them less effective than screw type at high rpm. so basically screw type have it all over roots type. Only thing is because they are such a better unit this converts itself into cost :) Much more expensive I am led to believe over the roots type. would be good if someone who knows the contacts to price a whipple/kenne bell, eaton m90, and raptor drive in drive out.

Im betting the centri takes maybe 0.1 off the 60 foot if at all. unless you have a 3000 stall and can get it as near to boost as possible off the line.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Now i'm a troll who baits idiots...WTF.
The centrifugal does boost from idle but not much.
I lost track of what the Twin Turbo AU XR8 cost at about 22k.
Doing some exhaust stuff next week and dynoing straight after should be fun.
Apparently the belt problem has been sorted on the "R" thing ,they have a Territory with a 15lb pulley as a test mule that has done over 70 000 klms.
The grammar police will never get me alive.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

By saying you need to drive a turbo wicked, what do you mean?

Does your raptor powered 6 have more low end grunt than your TTV8 did?

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 16  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next