Fordmods Logo

stage 2 Vortec kit group buy $4,300 

Page 4 of 9 [ 129 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: svo

VIC, Australia

cool thanx for that. do you have a ball park figure on how much the intercooler will be and then does this meen i will have to change my front bar? somthing i cant be F**k doing

black ba xr6 with sunroof = more hot chicks

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont Turbo

QLD, Australia

Intercoolers are quite reasonable these days and can be had for $170 for a half decent 600x75x370 or there abouts. A cooler this size will support upto 300wkw and have done so many times before. Snort will supply them with the kit if there is enough funds for it but will most likely sell them as an added extra for around the previously mentioned price. Front bars don't require replacing and usually don't require modifying unless you have an EL/EF, all the other models have heaps of room up front and are very simple to hook up. Snort is also looking into a complete bolt up piping/cooler kit that will require minimal effort for even the most novist to setup. I think they are also looking into the paxton supercharger now as it comes with hellical cut gears which give it a silent drive and are virtually a vortec anyway, but they are waiting on a reply for cost comparison. The other comforting factor is that the paxtons are available with bracketry to fit straight up to the mustang 302 which is virtually the same as our aussie donky with the intake facing the other way. So all you V8 boys will have something to smile about as well. I'm not sure if anyone is aware of it but the mustangs in america run 8's and 9's all day long with a similar setup. 20psi will do that though.

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: svo

VIC, Australia

mmmmm thanx for that (bugger i have an EL)

black ba xr6 with sunroof = more hot chicks

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

^ lol, they also pick up used roller 302 blocks for $50 :)

Yes... very evil hanging around on mustang forums too much... 500rwhp and sub 10sec daily drivers...

Apologies re: confusion on blower unit pricing. Suprisingly enough, the powerdyne goes for $3100 from CAPA... the V2 SQ and V1-S trim are $2940...

Powerdynes cost more despite the vortec being clearly superior. I guess w/ powerdyne your paying to avoid the hassle of fitting oil lines (which shouldnt be too big a drama for most of these guys anyways)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

*whips out CC*

I'm in. A Novi2000 would be nice :D The V1 S-Trims are loud as :( Not to mention you'll never outgrow the Novi !

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

No surprise the mustangs are running 8's and 9's, theyre quite a bit lighter and 'sportier' than our tanks, but yes.. I think we'd see some pretty sweet results none the less on our V8 falcons and quite comparible results with the 4L. Only a small amount of displacement seperating the 2.

Well I'm very interested in the 302w solution, keep the updates rollin'. I'd prefer the V1-S Vortec over the Paxton.. but we'll see!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Nothing has been mentioned yet for which type of paxton it may or may not be, all i know is they can be optioned with all the gear to be swinging from the side of the muzzy (paxton novi ?). As for the pricing between the powerdyne unit and vortec snortperformance doesn't look to cappa for the supply of any of these components so the prices are direct from the manufacturer. Powerdynes are probably dearer for a reason that most likely being because of their lube free setup or maybe they would rather sell a vortec. Pdynes not a good blower and snort won't touch anything but the front running gear. Paxton and Vortec are like comparing a holden commodore to a toyota lexen.

The pricing is in favour of the paxton at the moment due to things like supply and demand. I'd much rather the silent drive if we get it but i won't be dissapointed if we have to go back to the vortec just the same.

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

Do you know if they are happy to split it on credit and savings (seriously!)

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

I'm getting ants in my pants over this. MUST HAVE !! Any updates ?

You guys positive the yank brackets will bolt up to the australian 5.0 ? I know on corral most guys do away with air con and/or power steering.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Just a bit of an update guys. Snort have ordered in a number of paxton novi chargers which are on their way from the states. It's all about playing the waiting game now but it won't take too long snort assures me. V8's are still in progress though and i'll only know more about it when the kit's arrive for them. Hopefully they will won't take too much modification and if so will be on the market not long after the sixers.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: (s)

ACT, Australia

do you need a bonnet bulge for the paxtons?

NL 5.0

ZA 289

Ninja ZX7-R

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

snortingboost wrote:
Mr Man, The kit will come with everything required for a turn key project. The only addition may become an intercooler if not already included in the kit to run decent boost. An 8psi setup in my mind should still be intercooled but we will see. As far as estimates on fitting goes it all depends where you wish to go, Jeoff from snortperformance is situated in woodonga which isn't all that far from yourself and has been known to fit turbo/supercharger kits for sweet bugger all. I'd imagine that a first time fitter would require between half a day to a day to have it all done. Workshops charge between $60 and $110 p/hr depending on where you go.

cheers for that, mite be worth the trip if i do decide to get myself one, i wouldnt mind the vortech over the paxton, nothing wrong with a bit of supercharger whine :D

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged

NSW, Australia

Verry Interested! Wouldnt mind a date on when somthing like this would be ready to go but if ya havent got one, thats cool!

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged

NSW, Australia

Any news on this kit? Really interested in this!!

Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Just something little to add. Snort is also offering plenums not unlike the style provided by nizpro for obviously the BBM. Not sure what sort of doe they will be asking for these but i'm sure it will be worth looking into.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 9  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next