stage 2 Vortec kit group buy $4,300 

Page 6 of 9 [ 129 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
I think alot of guys will be weary of the snort kit after already knowing how the vortec and PD kits run....if osmeone was to initially get one fitted....even dynod with a vid or audio clip could be good...least thn we can see for the $$$ how they perform against the CAPA gear to see if its really worth while..that and alot of guys seem to care about the noise blowers produce so yeh an audio clip would help do it more justice to see how audible it is.

Good point there. it would be nice to know more about what we are/could be buying.

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Post subject: supercharger kit
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

I'm thinkin about buying the snort performance Supercharger kit
how much extra is it to upgrade the supercharger to a vortech V2 SQ, the cops around my town r shocking!
I have this plan to get 500cc injectors, wolf 3D V4 ems, pacemaker headers, ACL headgasket, intercooler kit
do you recon im taking the right approch for this sort of mod?

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Any updates ? I'm really hoping they get one sorted for us V8 guys. I'm ready to buy if they get a V8 one sorted.

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

Hey just wondering if there Snort has anything about there Chargers on the net?? cant seem to find anything but turbos on their site.

maybe a contact number? cheers

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont Turbo

QLD, Australia

Hey blokes, got some good news. Superchargers have arrived and are now being sorted for our beasts. The unit is a paxton novi 1000 and is the silent drive type, good for 600hp and 1000cfm air flow. I doubt that any of us are going to be dissapointed in those figures.

Kit is going to s**t all over the cappa varient for many, many reasons. First of them being, this kit will be a total bolt on job unlike the cappa variety which you are required to take to that brand new blower with a die grinder just to make it fit. Yes, anyone who has fitted on of their kits will know that you have to take quite a chunk out of that gorgeous head unit as well as hammering down the A/C pipes on certain models. That to me sounds dodgy but obviously some people are ok with it.

Snorts kit is also coming with stainless steel pipe work instead of that crappy aggy drain pipe which cappa supplies and there will be overdrives available later down the track if your after more boost.

Pictures and figures will be on the snort website once everything has been tuned and tested but i'm not so sure about the vid clip. Those of us who purchase in this group buy will be treated to something very special as i know just how much effort snort is putting in to make this thing look awesome, sound sweet and go hard for SFA $. I'm going to have to organise who is in on this first group buy shortly because snort needs to know how many head units to buy in from the US.

The kit will also be made so it can run an intercooler but a cooler will cost a little extra if you want it included. I'll keep you guys updated when more info comes to hand, cheers.

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

So whats the Final Price? and Also The kit is only to Suit EF/EL Fuel injection manifold yeah? doesnt fit EA-ED MPFI manifold?

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: svo

VIC, Australia

about tims sounds good i am in for one for sure as depending on the price keep us posted cheers

black ba xr6 with sunroof = more hot chicks

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Any chance of gettin a EA-ED kit in on the groupe buy? i and a few others would be very interested

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Im very interested, just gotta work out a good lie to tell the bank!!! lol any ideas on a final price and how much extra are we talkin for a cooler?

Just wana go Faster

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

NSW, Australia

So, whats the final price going to be? Ive got a 5L EL Fairmont.

Im really keen on this as ive got the money now!

And a cooler would be great!!!!

Fuk it, You only live once!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

The kit is being currently made up for the EA-ED series as we speak with the later models coming straight after. Final price is looking like 4,500 and if you want the liquid to air intercooler which is a very good option you'll have to through in a few more dollars. I should be receiving some pics tonight but i'll see how i go. V8's are on the menu as soon as the six packs are sorted. As i mentioned previously i'm going to have to start organising who is in on this first lot. Have a think about it guys. Cheers.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

VIC, Australia

how much extra are we talking for the water to air cooler???

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Sorry, my bad. I thought i was going to be receiving some pics of the blower setup but instead it was the liquid to air setup. It was setup on an EA and had an intake length of less than a meter when installed with one of snorts turbo kits. I'd imagine that the length will be similar with the supercharger but it hasn't been fully sorted as yet. The kit's will see dyno testing in a couple of weeks to make sure everything works as it should, the model being made at the moment is the EA-ED series and a few weeks later will come the EF through AU and possibly later. The liquid to air unit's could end up costing between 400-700 depending on which model and what type of pump is used. The pumps alone could set you back 200 on their own and thats why i can't give an accurate price yet. I'll let you know what happens with these a little later but there is always the air to air option which is far cheaper.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

snortingboost wrote:
Sorry, my bad. I thought i was going to be receiving some pics of the blower setup but instead it was the liquid to air setup. It was setup on an EA and had an intake length of less than a meter when installed with one of snorts turbo kits. I'd imagine that the length will be similar with the supercharger but it hasn't been fully sorted as yet. The kit's will see dyno testing in a couple of weeks to make sure everything works as it should, the model being made at the moment is the EA-ED series and a few weeks later will come the EF through AU and possibly later. The liquid to air unit's could end up costing between 400-700 depending on which model and what type of pump is used. The pumps alone could set you back 200 on their own and thats why i can't give an accurate price yet. I'll let you know what happens with these a little later but there is always the air to air option which is far cheaper.

awesome...well keep it up anyays mate im sure everyone appreciates the effort ya goin too and the time its saving them

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

WA, Australia

Well look what I stumbled in on, I was lookin for a Turbo or Supercharger kit for my ED XR6 and this Supercharger Kit sounds good.

My Tickford bits should handle a good amount of boost and I should have 7 grand left over to Spend on Friday as I just had a Loan Approved..

An xbox 360 n body kit wouldn't go astray, but if I need, The Body kit can wait..

If you can give me more details on the kit (I didn't have enough time to read the whole Thread) like approximate power at the wheels after installing the Kit, Parts in the Kit and what is required to Bolt the Kit on and I like it, Then I am in for sure...
Love the sound of superchargers...
The Standard XR6 Computer should handle the Boost shouldn't It?

Steve

The 6000 km Road trip... Rockhampton QLD, Surfers Paradise QLD, Coffs Harbour NSW, Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT, Melbourne VIC, Launceston TAS, Adelaide SA, Kalgoorlie WA, Perth WA.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 9  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next