Fordmods Logo

Supercharged VT Calais - Anygood? 

Page 10 of 11 [ 152 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 284 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ok maybe a 6 speed XR6T might beat the supercharged V6 but its probably two or three times the price. The original question was Supercharged V6 Calais VT vs XR8. Its a easy win to the Supercharged V6 (both stock)

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I understood the question to be Supercharged V6 Holden Vs Windsor V8.

Not 4L falcons with cam and headwork etc etc.

We are talkin bog stock Supercharged V6 here against bog stock Windsor V8 or even bog stock 4L falc in auto or manual around the same price.

Im a ford man but im just trying to be fair.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

{ quote: My friend, forget blowers- and restrictive manifolds and coming to terms....I know my old wagon has pummeled at least 3 of these stock s/c commy's. my mate who owns a herrod enhanced ba xr-6 was with me with one of em(vy s s/c) and he could not believe it, basically nor could I!! The driver was awe struck lookin at this old manul wagon(with limited mods) tearing past him wondering where is 40 k went........END OF STORY! :wink:[/quote]

This is ridiculous. A wagon tearing past a supercharged V6. you are just trying to inflame this debate. Everyone thinks (or likes to think) their car has a few extra horsepower than everyone else. Do you think someone at ford when noone was looking slipped a cam into your wagon when it was new and shaved back the heads when noone was looking? come on...

Im not saying your wagon is slow either as ive never even seen it, but when you make these claims, they just dont make sense. At Holden when they were testing the Supercharged V6, I dont think they would have said, well we know a wagon 4L will tear away from us but who will ever race the two? LEts just release it.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

I asked my mate for a copy of the time slips, and he said you guys are the idiots who think your cars will beat them, let you be the ones who look like d***head when you try racing one.

I agree with him tho. believe what you want, facts are facts.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

here's an idea... forget about what they do at the lights blah blah blah...

get some times slips instead of telling us what it can do.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Im sure he said that, and if he did then im having trouble believing that he really pulled that time.
I read today that there was a bog stock XR8 ute AUTO and it ran a 2.2 60foot time.

I could believe anything cos with the right set up and amount of money any car can do anything!!!!! I just want to see proof that a V6 S/C ran a 2.1sec 60foot.

A Bog Stock XR6T auto or manual will bet it easy as and anyone that thinks other wise is just kidding themselfs. Its common sense that it would.

Tell ur mate to pull his head out his a*** and give u a copy, or does he think his car is THAT GREAT!!!!!

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

the facts are the facts.

All im saying to avoid some guys getting some very red faces, dont race one at the lights. If I told you guys there were aligators in the pond, you would still dive in head first.

The guy who asked the question can do no better with his money (maybe $10k) than buy a Calais supercharged V6. No holden or ford for $10k that is reasonably new will toast it.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

you also wanna see proof of modified, is, full exhaust, intake, roller rockers, a2a cooler and boosted ones run 1.5 60" times. Look at wwwv6supercharged.com.au
all the proof is there. s**t load of timeslpis. OH AND FIT IS A W.A BASED COMPANY SO 90% OF THOSE CARS ARE ON OUR ROADS. But go race em, your stock n/a6 will beat em!

no ones saying a bog stock bf 260kw xr8 wont beat it, im saying na 6's wont beat it. as some people are stating.

and the sc v6 having quicker 60's doesnt mean it will win a race, it runs out of puff quite early on teh stock ones.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Kilma wrote:
Yeah, the V6 superchargers weren't really hooked up correctly from the start, so if you are looking for power, there are much better ways to go about it.

I have an EF XR8 (165kw from stock I think) with a Vortech kit (including water injection, but no intercooler... yet) on it, extractors and 3" exhaust now pushing 297rwhp. Thats running up to about 11-12psi and everything else on the engine is stock.

Fuel economy, I get about 400km to the tank (I think its about 70L) country or city driving. Only time that changes that I have founf is when I go to the drags. Then it becomes 300km/tank. As I said in the other thread about EL XR8s, if you are looking for fuel economy, don't buy a V8 or forced induction.

Too add, correct, if you want power, theres better ways to get it, but to get an easy mid 12 out of 300rwhp, go the super 6.

also, these motors are like the barra turbos. they are tuff as nails, with a restrictive stock tune. Easy to get good torque and times from. if you wanted the powerful s/c 6, the Xu-6 had 182 kw IIRC, but again, still pretty restrictive.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Moody knows what hes talkin about. I love fords but im just being fair. Some people just think ford must be better, not always the case.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ba xr8,ed mont ,blown xd

VIC, Australia

why buy a dunnydore at all there is no reason

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

you want people too watch you take a dump or something? ^^^^^ dumbest thing to come from this thread yet

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

moody wrote:
Steady ED, I agree that a mild manual falcon can get that 60 foot time, but it just wont pull as hard up to the 60-70km/h mark as what the s/c will.

And so what if this is fordmods, the question is if the S/c Calais/Holdens are any good. And yes, they are.

And you could beat a supercharged 4 speed 3.8l automatic calais in a Turbo charged 4.0l 6 speed manual? YOU LIE! thats like saying i can drive faster then you can run.

ok then, if it makes you happy.....gee some people are lost...drive both mate, then reply...

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
{ quote: My friend, forget blowers- and restrictive manifolds and coming to terms....I know my old wagon has pummeled at least 3 of these stock s/c commy's. my mate who owns a herrod enhanced ba xr-6 was with me with one of em(vy s s/c) and he could not believe it, basically nor could I!! The driver was awe struck lookin at this old manul wagon(with limited mods) tearing past him wondering where is 40 k went........END OF STORY! :wink:

This is ridiculous. A wagon tearing past a supercharged V6. you are just trying to inflame this debate. Everyone thinks (or likes to think) their car has a few extra horsepower than everyone else. Do you think someone at ford when noone was looking slipped a cam into your wagon when it was new and shaved back the heads when noone was looking? come on...

Im not saying your wagon is slow either as ive never even seen it, but when you make these claims, they just dont make sense. At Holden when they were testing the Supercharged V6, I dont think they would have said, well we know a wagon 4L will tear away from us but who will ever race the two? LEts just release it.[/quote]

Its true, and its funny...I know, but the truth. I was cracking up trying to work out what went on....and being a wagon has nothin to do with it...its not a rocket, but its def not slow. thats all I have to say. why the hell would I post that if It were not true...geezuz. But yes, well I can undertstand what your'e saying. My mechanic told me the old thing has more torque and stronger motor then his 1997 el xr-8....he was not joking..and no cam work, or change either- ef ported head thats all, interanlly enayway.

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

moody wrote:
you also wanna see proof of modified, is, full exhaust, intake, roller rockers, a2a cooler and boosted ones run 1.5 60" times. Look at wwwv6supercharged.com.au
all the proof is there. s**t load of timeslpis. OH AND FIT IS A W.A BASED COMPANY SO 90% OF THOSE CARS ARE ON OUR ROADS. But go race em, your stock n/a6 will beat em!

no ones saying a bog stock bf 260kw xr8 wont beat it, im saying na 6's wont beat it. as some people are stating.

and the sc v6 having quicker 60's doesnt mean it will win a race, it runs out of puff quite early on teh stock ones.

1.5 60'' times!!!!!!!!!!!! f**k now your talkin.....now tell me what they do stock mate?? seriously...a stock one, thats what we are all going on about, roller rockers, boost, air to air.....RUBBISH

S T O C K T I M E S ?>??

EF Ghia 5L V8

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 11  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next